Play Halo on Xbox with a Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by lilheavy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm not that good at FPS' online because I hardly play them. That is besides the point. I don't mind having trouble against better players when they're better. I do mind having trouble due to the hardware :? .

I mean think about it, how hard, or long, does it take you to move your mouse to click the "Reply" button here with your mouse. Not long I would guess, as you can move right to it within one movement of the hand. Now, imagine doing that with a controller. You could probably get pretty close with one movement, but to get a perfect shot, you'd have to adjust it a little. Not only will the mouse help get one-shot kills, but it will hurt the controller user that has to take that extra fraction of a second to adjust the aiming cursor.

That is where I see the advantages/disadvantages to using peripherals. I personally wouldn't feel right using the keyboard and mouse since I knew that was the only reason I was getting kills. Therefore, I wouldn't feel right losing to someone as a result of that either.

I personally feel that this is such an advantatge, that the "opti-match" should have a setting for controllers only.

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I like the controller for many reasons as the controller is more comfortable in my hand than a kb/mouse plus you can creep with a controller by using varying degrees of pressure on the thumbstick (You can't do that with a kb/mouse). I think the controller allows for a lot better movement of the player though a little harder for aiming where opposite holds true for the kb/mouse, better aiming but not as good player movement. Again, IMO, I think it's a matter of preference, that there are pros and cons to both, and that there will be players out there just as good with the controller as those with a kb/mouse. Especially since the controller is all anyone's played with since the first Halo came out. I don't expect a lot of people to jump ship from the controller to use this device.

No Streaming Account
  3. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True. I have to be completely honest and say I really didn't care, I just wanted to argue :laugh: . Just kidding, I have to be honest though in that I never thought about the movement of the player.

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only part of movement that is harder on the keyboard is jumping. Everything else is easier.

No Streaming Account
  5. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I fail to see why jumping of all things would be harder. For both controller and kb/mouse, it's the press of a button.

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Because most pc games have the stupid crouch jump which is how you get on boxes and such. Kind of a pain if you ask me.

No Streaming Account