Playoff Breakdown (Eastern Conference) - Round 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by T--o--M--M---y, Aug 17, 2022.

1. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    Eastern Conference

(1) :team18: Buffalo Sabres v (8) :team10: Detroit Red Wings

:team18:
    Buffalo is another successful waldo team that is built off of chemistry throughout most of their lines. Just like many of waldos previous teams this team doesn't strike me as a 119 point team. Buffalos 3rd line is an incredible 3rd line but I think their first line lacks depth and their second line isn't anything special.
    :team10:
    Detroit has been on a rollercoaster this season in terms of standings, and to me that is really no surprise. This team lacks an insane amount of depth and has been carried by their one good line and in playoffs that is just not gonna cut it.

Prediction: :team18: Buffalo in 6

_____________________________________________________________________________________

(2) :team12: New York Rangers v (7) :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs

:team12:
    The Rangers surprised me again this season overperforming a lot more than I expected them to. This team is much stronger on defense than they are on forward making them a tough team to play defensively. The only question mark I have is if the offensive production will be there in the playoffs.
    :team1:
    Toronto is a team that I thought was a lot better until I looked over their roster. They have some depth but the top end talent is just not there making any series that doesn't end before 7 basically not winnable. I think this team will be overpowered by most teams but could steal a couple off NYR.

Prediction: :team12: New York in 7

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(3) :team4: Philadelphia Flyers vs (6) :team74: Carolina Hurricanes

:team4:
    The Flyers were one of the teams I didn't want to play in round 1 and for good reason I think they are a very well rounded team. Their top 2 lines are very good but where this team is questionable for me is their 3rd line and defense. I think this team has potential to make a deep run though.

:team74:
    Carolina is a lot better team than they were in the regular season and I expect them to come to play in the playoffs. Carolina has the firepower needed to make a deep run, but my only concern for them is if they get to a game 7 Archon will be back in the spotlight. Their d-core is a little questionable like phillys but I think their forward core is one of the best.

This will definitely be the series to watch in the EC in round 1

Prediction: :team74: Carolina in 7 (Can't believe I am saying Archon will prevail in G7)

______________________________________________________________________________

(4) :team27: New York Islanders v (5) :team2: Boston Bruins

:team27:
    I think the Islanders are a little better than they are given credit for but they really do lack firepower and some depth in my opinion. Their d core is just horrendous outside of Briere which I believe will be their downfall unless their two 2 million goalies can find a way to steal some games.

:team2:
    My team has underperformed throughout the whole season, but I believe we have a squad to make a decent run.

Prediction: ...

______________________________________________________________________________________

Western Conference breakdown will be coming soon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
    xToMMyyyyy
  2. Sharpxo

Sharpxo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    sharpxo#0
    Ratings:
    +215 / 3 / -23
    Archon will lead us to the cup!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1