Playoff Breakdown (Western Conference) - Round 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by T--o--M--M---y, Aug 18, 2022.

1. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) :team76: Los Angeles Kings v (8) :team3: St. Louis Blues

:team76:
    The Kings have outperformed many peoples predictions this season and have won the presidents trophy. This team is very well rounded and have an incredible forward core aided by some great DPs. Where this team is a little questionable for me is their defense, they have good contracts like JustGiroux but a lot of unproven cheaper contracts.
    :team3:
    This team really doesn't have any business being here seeing some of the teams that they made it over. Having PP as a free contract in the playoff gives this team a 100% chance of failure. The good news for this team is they will at least be out before IHL starts.

Prediction: :team76: Los Angeles in 4

____________________________________________________________________________________

(2) :team28: Arizona Coyotes v (7) :team30: Minnesota Wild

:team28:
    Arizona has benefited from some of their trade deadline moves and have their 3rd line still intact which has been the best 3rd in the league for 2 seasons now. I think Arizona lacks a true second line (depending what they do with their lines) and will need their 3rd to carry a little more weight than they have in the past to be successful.

:team30:
    Minnesota is a sneaky good team that I have surprising some people. They have a solid first two lines that have a decent amount of chemistry as well as an ok 3rd line. Depending how this team manages their lines this series I have them being very capable of an upset here.

Prediction: :team30: Minnesota in 7

______________________________________________________________________________

(3) :team922: Seattle Kraken v :team15: (6) San Jose Sharks

:team922:
    The Kraken have a solid roster but in my opinion lack in a few key areas. They have their key players who will always perform well like Tidan, Chelly, RG but they also have a lot of question marks for me. Their 3rd looks a little horrendous and despite Langz playoff run last season I still don't see him as a great contract.
    :team15:
    The Sharks shocked the world last season but unless this shitty roster can perform like last seasons shitty roster and pull it all together in the playoffs somehow this team will have no shot at making a run. I look at this roster and there are definitely better rosters that missed the playoffs. They are led on forward by a 1M player who presses up but I do like Jason and think he could be able to carry them to a few wins.

Prediction: :team922: Seattle in 5
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

(4) :team29: Calgary Flames v (5) :team9: Dallas Stars

Let me start off by saying this is definitely not a first round matchup that should happen. Definitely the series to watch of the first round. This series is a battle of the 2 cores that have been around on both teams for seasons.

:team29:
    Like I said before Calgary brought back all of their core guys from last seasons deep run along with adding Boughs. I think the flames third won't produce much for them but their core guys are very hard to beat. If I were Calgary I would be trying to push all the series to 7 because they have the upper hand against basically every line.
    :team9:
    Dallas, like Calgary, has a weak 3rd once again this season. I think they have more depth than Calgary personally, especially on forward. Dallas underperformed this season being just on the bubble of playoffs going into week 9 but I expect them to pull it together in playoffs.

Prediction: :team29: Calgary in 7 (Dallas will win this series if it ends before 7)

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    xToMMyyyyy
  2. TuffLinkzz

TuffLinkzz Currently fired tf up!

Discord:
    TuffLinkz#1504
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3
    Hey sometimes I press left or right not always up

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1