Playoff Prediction - Round 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by T--o--M--M---y, Aug 27, 2022.

1. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    Round 1 Predictions/ Results
    Prediction: :team76: in 4 / Result: :team76: in 4
    Prediction: :team30: in 7 / Result: :team28: in 7
    Prediction: :team922: in 5 / Result: :team922: in 7
    Prediction: :team29: in 7 / Result: :team29: in 6
    Prediction: :team18: in 6 / Result: :team18: in 6
    Prediction: :team12: in 7 / Result: :team1: in 6
    Prediction: :team74: in 7 / Result: :team4: in 7 (Archon curse)
    Prediction: :team2: in 5 / Result: :team2: in 5

Round 2

(1) Buffalo Sabres vs (7) Toronto Maple Leafs

:team18:
    Buffalo had a little bit of a scare in round 1 after Detroit battled back from being down 2-0, but it is no surprise they pulled it together and won that series. Buffalos third has proven capable to take down very solid lines and I think they might be better than any of the Toronto lines. Buffalo gets another easy second round matchup and should be able to take this one pretty easily.
    :team1:
    Toronto pulled off the upset in round 1 against the Rangers but to be honest I wasn't too impressed with the Rangers roster either. This will be a much tougher task for this team that lacks depth and the top end talent of Buffalo. Toronto is outmatched in their 1st 2nd and 3rd lines which makes it hard for them to win this series, but they could win a couple games if Doer plays his lines right.

Prediction: :team18: in 6

(3) Philadelphia Flyers vs (6) Boston Bruins

:team4:
    Philly had a hard fought battle with Carolina as expected, but I feel like they personally lucked out that they won the series in a few ways. No doubt they are a good team but I think in G7 they won because of their goalie and Claus should have been able to pick a game off them before they even got to that point. Memory is very high on his third line which I really don't see the hype for them. Philly has tons of depth though which will be tough to compete with.

:team2:
    We cruised by the Islanders as I expected, but we need to be a lot better this series in order to compete with the Flyers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(1) Los Angeles Kings vs (4) Calgary Flames

:team76:
    LA really had no test in round 1 against STL as they blew by them easy in a sweep. They have crazy depth as I mentioned in my last post which makes them very hard to beat in a 7 game series. This teams game 7 really isn't the strongest though which I feel will be their downfall especially in this series.

:team29:
    I honestly think Calgary is the best team in the west because of their top lines ability to win games and at least get series to game 7s, where they have the advantage in basically all their series. That was basically how their last series was going until their 3rd line absolutely stole a game which I don't think Calgary can expect again going forward.

Prediction: :team29: in 7

(2) Arizona Coyotes vs (3) Seattle Kraken

:team28:
    Arizona had a close series with Minnesota like I expected but they came out on top in the end. I wasn't really a fan on how they played their lines this series but they have great depth which helped them out. I don't see their second line doing as well as they did going forward but I still see their 3rd line producing to make up for it.

:team922:
    Seattle, like Arizona, also went to a G7 and Docteurnox was in their game 7 which just makes me very worried for them going forward. Seattle surprisingly won their series without their top line producing until game 7, losing some very winnable games. If they keep that up this will be a very short series for them.

Prediction: :team28: in 6

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    xToMMyyyyy
  2. FatHogChelly

FatHogChelly Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chelly#1573
    Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -69
    • Like Like x 3