Playoff Predictions - Round 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by T--o--M--M---y, May 4, 2022.

1. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    After a crazy round 1 this playoffs 6/8 underdogs went on to win their series, which made my last prediction thread pretty far off. Hopefully I can redeem myself with this one.

Here is a recap of my Round 1 Predictions compared to the actual results of the series,
    :team77: Nashville in 6 -> Actual Result: :team77: Nashville in 5
    :team28: Arizona in 4 -> Actual Result: :team15: Sharks in 4 (what!?)
    :team29: Calgary in 6 -> Actual Result: :team31: Anaheim in 5
    :team922: Seattle in 6 -> Actual Result: :team30: Minnesota in 7 (Bo let me down)

:team4: Philly in 7 -> Actual Result: :team4: Philly in 6
    No Prediction -> Result: :team74: Canes in 5 (Good series BUF)
    :team23: Florida in 5 -> Actual Result: :team12: New York in 7
    :team14: Washington in 6 -> Actual Result: :team21: Tampa in 6

QUARTER FINALS PREDICTIONS - WEST

(3) :team77: Nashville Predators vs (8):team15: San Jose Cinderella's (Sharks)
    The San Jose Sharks were the odds on favorite according to @Brydxn (who's ego is currently through the roof I might add) and they really showed that in this great series win over the team with the most point in PSN history. What worries me about the sharks is they have already let this series win get to their head, and there is still a lot of hockey to play, however if they can keep performing they could pull off another upset.

On the other hand there was never really a doubt in my mind that the Nashville Predators wouldn't make it past the Jets in round 1, however with this being said I didn't agree with some of the line plays that they made specifically in games 1/2 but it worked out for them nonetheless. They are continuing to establish themselves as a threat in this playoffs but they can't take the sharks lightly here.

Prediction: :team77: Nashville in 6

I really wanted to say Nashville in 4 here to really get on the Sharks nerves but I have to give them some games especially off of the series they are coming off of. I still think Nashville is a better team of the two and SHOULD win this series.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

(4) :team30: Minnesota Wild vs (7) :team31: Anaheim Ducks
    The Wild had a hard fought series with the Kraken but ended up coming out on top, congrats to them. Diverse Lifestyle (Jay) and the boys and Freezer's line performed very well but their third was incredibly underwhelming. In order for the wild to continue to making a run this playoffs that third hopefully can find a way to steal at least one, which won't be easy.

I figured the Ducks were going to win the series after I saw lurk get banned, and they did just that as they cruised by the shambles Flames, with their third stealing a game. In this series I think if Anaheim can somehow manage to get 3v3 matchups they will take it, and even potentially having their third steal an even bigger game. The ducks have a good top 2 forward lines and that third is definitely better here.

Prediction: :team31: Anaheim in 7

I think this series will be the series to watch of the second round and can honestly go either way, I can see the series going to 7 for sure and I think the Ducks have the slight edge there, but I have been wrong before (clearly).

_______________________________________________________________________________________

QUARTER FINAL PREDICTIONS- EAST

(5) :team12: New York Rangers vs (8) :team4: Philadelphia Flyers
    The Rangers shocked most people as they took down what most people saw as a powerful panthers squad. The Rangers bring to the table what most teams lack which is the sweat factor. These guys can be outskilled and outmatched and still find a way to win games, so props to them. As @Eyekyew likes to say I am pretty sure all of these guys are from Quebec, so it makes sense. The Rangers need to capitalize on that one opportunity to steal a game, which can lead to them winning a series.

I had a good feeling about the Flyers in the first series and it turned out to be one of my few correct predictions. The Flyers are a dark horse team that nobody was really talking about but they still bring so much to the table in a lot of aspects of the game. For this series I think it just gets easier for the Flyers as they don't have to worry about South Central game and I think their top 2 lines will do work once again.

Prediction: :team4: Philly in 6

I really like the Flyers roster compared to that of the Rangers so I think they will take this series relatively easily, but the Rangers can always prove me wrong.

(6) :team74: Carolina Hurricanes vs (7) :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning

Won't give my prediction on my series again because I think it is bad luck.

But I do have a message for @Silva l15I. Be careful I am putting the puck in the back of the net this playoffs, you are gonna be seeing a lot of this behind your crease:

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone for reading and GO CANES GO!

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    xToMMyyyyy
  2. Silva l15I

Silva l15I Bigs

Ratings:
    +321 / 28 / -161
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. JaYI77I

JaYI77I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    Thanks for the plug Tommy, good looking out

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Rosemontbbqhc

Rosemontbbqhc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    rosemontbbqhc#0
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -13
    We outplayed the Panthers in game 5 6 and 7 but Deanno kept them alive. We will try to prove you wrong but that Flyers roster is impressive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Brydxn

Brydxn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2 / -4
    LMAO never said we were the favourites. I said your take was horrible which it was. Let’s get it right tommy

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Brydxn
  6. Big Lehk

Big Lehk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 25 / -199
    nice ego mane

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account