Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by T--o--M--M---y, Apr 27, 2022.

1. T--o--M--M---y

T--o--M--M---y Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .t.o.m.m.y.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 95 / -293
    WEST PREDICTIONS

(1) :team28: Arizona Coyotes vs (8) :team15: San Jose Sharks

Prediction: :team28: Arizona in 4

The Coyotes have been virtually unstoppable and I don't see them being stopped this series, or even losing a game for that matter. The third line of @Mhook1797 @iZinczyi @CorSnortzky for the coyotes will be their key to winning many of the series and if they keep performing the Coyotes will be hard to beat. The only thing that worries me is how their bottom 4 defense will perform. The Sharks are just one of those teams that you wonder how they got here when you look at their roster, their first line is ok but outside of that idk.The only chance the Sharks have at a win is if that first line plays well, cause they are outmatched almost everywhere.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

(2) :team29: Calgary Flames vs (7) :team31: Anaheim Ducks

Prediction: :team29: Calgary in 6

This is a series I've gone back and forth on and originally had the Ducks winning, but when looking over the rosters I think the Flames just have a slight edge. I think the flames need to win this series in the back end, where I feel they have the pretty big edge. Also the Flames have pretty good chemistry on their top lines, and I don't see the same chemistry over on the Anaheim side (besides on their third). Anaheim can't be slept on though because they have a lot of potential firepower and @Dangs92 is obviously a good playoff manager.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

(3) :team77: Nashville Predators vs (6) :team391: Winnipeg Jets

Prediction: :team77: Nashville in 6

Nashville is very strong in a lot of key areas, they have a great top line, solid defense and great goaltending. A combination like that is hard to beat in the playoffs. In this series I see the first line of the predators winning vs any potential opponent the Jets can throw at them. For the Jets I just feel like the depth isn't there for them. @BRIEREx is a key part of the Jets top line and he can make plays that will put them in contention in the games but I'm not sure it will be enough. If Nashville plays their lines right management wise this series should be straightforward for them, but if they don't it could be closer than expected.

(4) :team30: Minnesota Wild vs :team922: Seattle Kraken

Prediction: :team922: Seattle in 6

This will be a hard fought series from both teams, but I do see the Kraken getting the upset here. @Bo-Dangles10 hasn't had his best regular season but I know for sure the turds and dumps will be in full force in the playoffs. Seattle has very good depth in my opinion but lack that "star power", but in playoffs depth can win you the series. I think Seattles defense and especially their goaltending is better than Minnesota's. The Wild definitely have that firepower on forward so we will see if they can overwhelm the Kraken in that aspect, but I think in those trappy close games Seattle will have the edge.

EAST PREDICTIONS

(1) :team5: Montreal Canadiens vs (8) :team4: Philadelphia Flyers

Prediction: :team4: Philly in 7

This is my big upset of the first round and I've arrived at this because I see one specific way that Philly can win this series, but if this doesn't happen my prediction could be very far off. For Philly to win this series I think that the Dodsy, Joff, Saucy line MUST go 2-0, which just leaves their other lines needed one to force 7, where I think the Flyers have the slight edge again. The Flyers third isn't very good though so that is basically 2 free wins for Montreal, which is why I see this as the only window for Philly. Montreal has been incredible in the regular season and they have three solid lines, with more spread out firepower. This prediction could be far off but I'm gonna give it a shot. (P.S In advance don't get salty Rag, it's just a prediction).

(2) :team14: Washington Capitals vs (7) :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning

Prediction: :team14: Washington in 6

To be honest on paper neither of these teams really impress me too much. I think Washington wins this series due to them having a significantly better third as well as lines with good chemistr and the better top line. MT's team has underperformed yet again from many peoples expectations and his top line has really lost their touch. I think somehow MT will create playoff lines to where the team can squeak out one or two, but other than that the defending champs will probably move on to the next round. I don't see a situation where Tampa ends this one before 7 and even in game 7 they are significantly outmatched.

(3) :team18: Buffalo Sabres vs (6) :team74: Carolina Hurricanes

Prediction: ....

Won't really comment on this one, but this series is personal to me. Should be a good one.

[​IMG]

(4) :team23: Florida Panthers vs (5) :team12: New York Rangers

Prediction::team23: Florida in 5

I think this is one of those series that shouldn't really be close, but I'll giver the rangers a game. The Rangers have been a sinking ship ever since they lost Crobsy and it seems like this is where the season will end for them. Their lines play decently together but they lack depth and have no firepower whatsoever. The Panthers on the other hand have really improved throughout the season and are coming into the playoffs hot. I think the Panthers have three solid lines (despite roysay being on their first pair). Florida's third is very solid in my opinion and I think they will have the capability to steal games.

• Like Like x 34
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xToMMyyyyy
  2. Love-_2_-Rag

Love-_2_-Rag Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ragging#9725
    Ratings:
    +287 / 2 / -48
    Nice write up I respect it

• Like Like x 10