POLL (handling incompletes)

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by SlapHappy, May 15, 2006.

1. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    POLL (handling incom

How would you all like to handle inc's? There have been a few instances of people receiving $0 for tournaments in which they completed 2 or 3 rounds. Would you guys like to have those scores count? My personal opinion is that someone who shoots rounds of...

-14 -15 -14 inc

...should receive an overall score of -43 for that tournament.

Please vote and tell me what you think. Your input is VERY important to the success of this league.

No Streaming Account
  2. JcraM

JcraM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re; Poll for Inc's

Hello SlapHappy, I agree that the player should get some credit for rounds that are completed. All to often we see many players and more so with the players from across the pond, get Inc's due to disconnects. We know this is out of the players control, so in my opinion, I don't believe a player should be penalized for this. Regards JcraM

No Streaming Account
  3. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    15-0 so far in favor of not penalizing...very decisive results.

Just so we're all prepared for the following scenario:

A player is struggling through a difficult SPECIAL event in windy conditions at Ocean Mill, and his scores for the first three rounds are as follows:

+3 +5 +7

Then, on the 4th round he receives an inc.

At this point, the inc becomes as good as a round of even par and this player will save himself a handful of strokes by not finishing the tournament. Not that anyone would ever do this on purpose, but it could, and likely will, happen at some point. I should be able to manually edit the payouts in a scenario like this to reflect the situation, but I'll need you all to bring it to my attention when it happens.

I'll talk to Tris as soon as possible, and hopefully make the necessary changes to the scoreboards.

No Streaming Account
  4. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    May be fairer to say have 50% of the average of the other 3 rounds if the windy is an inc.
    Then 25% on the easier rounds, as no-one should benifit from a inc, you could be having a stinker and quit to save shots...
    Just a thought..lol

No Streaming Account
  5. JcraM

JcraM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well suppose you cou

.... but I tend to believe that the good majority are honest players and if you are that desperate to save strokes then you would probably be way down the leaderboard that what you would get wouldn't help you much anyway ....IMO, regards JcraM

No Streaming Account
  6. JcraM

JcraM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another thought Slap

If you take your scenario of a player shooting +5, +7 and +3 and he has an inc whether it be in the windy round or not, you could add his 3 completed rounds together, in this case +15 divide by the number of rounds completed (3) and give him the average for the Inc round, in this case a +5 for a 4 round total of +20. If a player is going to shoot a +20 then what points he receives is not going to help him much. Or the other thought I have, and i do this with the teams when a player has an Inc, whatever round he has an inc in i take the lowest score for that round from the leaderboard and give him that score for the Inc round. just another thought ..... Cheers JcraM

No Streaming Account
  7. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love these solutions, but the scoreboard is fully automated, and I do not have access to the webfiles in order to edit them. So once a score comes onto the leaderboard, it's there for good (unless Tris wants to edit them, and I'm not gonna ask him to do that every time we have an inc situation...maybe occasionally).

I tend to agree with you, JcraM, that most (if not all) players in this league are here for fun, and would not do something as silly as that. We'll use our judgment, and if it appears that a player has purposely given himself an inc to save strokes, then I'll adjust the payout accordingly (as that's the one thing I will have control over).

No Streaming Account
  8. Wired Parrott

Wired Parrott Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well the polls results are pretty telling. So I doubt any
    problems will arise from this.

No Streaming Account
  9. roddymacd

roddymacd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    don`t know how you are going to handelthis but i hope it`s soon thats 2 week`s in a row now on round 3 off the advanced cut`s i have got a inc damn thing says system link cable is not connecteb wtf well will try again

No Streaming Account
  10. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    okay, fixed.

No Streaming Account