OFFICIAL Public Statement - Recent False Allegations

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Oct 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Recently two former community members alleged that LG was "harboring" sex offenders. These allegations arose from a former player @OCallahan17 who was removed from the LGHL for being listed as a registered sex offender in January of this year. LeagueGaming was accused of not alerting the community of this player's history which nearly led to this individual taking a management role in another 6v6 league outside of LG. These allegations have been proven to be extremely false resulting in both members being removed from our platform permanently. There has also been a recent video where the slanderous statements have been retracted and an apology has been sent.

I want the community to know how seriously we take these allegations and we have never ONCE allowed another who is registered as a sex offender to continue to be a part of our community. Player safety has always been our number one goal.

We also want the community to know that reporting issues, or reporting an individual for ANY reason does not require your identity to be revealed. Tris and I want to ensure there is a safe space created so that we can ensure anyone who is using our platform and shouldn't be is removed. We have always relied heavily on our community to report issues to us, that is the backbone of our judicial process.

For those who are not aware, a few areas on the website have been and are being used to inform and alert the community of any major ban issued from league staff or from us the site administrators. Those areas are located:

• In the action center, under "recent actions"
    • In our ESHL - LGHL Banned Player List
    • In our League-Wide Transparency thread
      • this thread isn't as active as it use to be, the other methods listed above are more up to date
      • https://bit.ly/3TPV0xj
    Finally, I want to ensure our community knows that Tris and I have a very open-door policy with each and every one of you. It takes a lot of time each day for each and every one of us on staff to manage and run our leagues and events therefore our replies may not always be immediate. But we do appreciate hearing from you especially if you need help or have something serious for us to address on your behalf.

I appreciate your continued dedication to LeagueGaming, and I am looking forward to what NHL 23 has in store for us all!

Thanks
    -Brodie

• Winner x 26
    • Like x 24
    • Informative x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.