S29 Awards Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by xMecciah, Dec 20, 2021.

?

Are you signing up next season?

1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
  1. xMecciah

xMecciah Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xmecciah#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -21
    Awards Recap

Let me preface this by saying I didn’t ask the solo award winners any specific questions, I wanted them to just share how they felt about winning awards or being the runner up instead of answering generic questions. These are also MY thoughts on award winners, so probably very biased. I’m also not spell checking a single thing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

All Defensive Teams

2nd Team

Witt, Truss, vxnue, Mecciah, Easy Mac

1st Team

Kobi, Comeup, Snype, MikeyG, Viz

To start off with the defensive teams, I see one clear issue. The DPOY, vxnue, is on all defensive 2nd team. I understand it was voting, but how on earth does this make sense? I think the 2nd team was a fluke more than the DPOY award, but if it was the other way around I could understand. Another thing I noticed was Witt being on the defensive team. In my opinion, this should have gone to OG. There were multiple times in games where OG took control of the defensive side of things, calling out different rotations, stepping up to play on ball defence, and was a part of one of the best defences in the league, whereas I didn’t see this out of Witt. Witt was also a -22 on the season and having a losing record, whereas OG had a +192. I understand that it’s team defence, but OG played a massive role in the sixers defensive success this season. The other issue I had with this was Easy Mac being on second team. I think Viz and Mac are the best 2 centres in the league, but I think Mac is definitely more of a defensive anchor compared to Viz. Viz definitely has the edge offensively, but Mac has a greater impact defensively. I don’t think this is a completely incorrect ranking of the C’s, but they had nearly identical stats, and Mac definitely had less help on defence compared to Viz.

SNUBS

Woosie, Sorrow, OG

_____________________________________________________________________________________

All NBA Teams

2nd Team

OG, Truss, vxnue, BillyBuckets, Viz

1st Team

Rick, Comeup, Snype, Berry, Easy Mac

As far as All NBA teams go, I think that there were a lot of issues here. Not to discredit anyone involved, but again I see a few issues here. OG being 2nd behind Rick being the first one. OG was better in every single stat aside from assists, including efficiency and team record. Now I do think these were the most impactful PGs this season, seeing as they both had winning records and averaged 30 point double doubles, but OG had better stats, playing more games, and having a better win %. I know he is “disliked?” for lack of a better word in the league by some, but this should have no affect on rewarding him for his play throughout the season. I know these two were neck and neck voting wise, but “Predator Rick” was just slightly behind OG in my honest (and totally unbiased) opinion. The next issue to me was Viz and Easy Mac again, I honestly just feel that Viz was the better C overall, despite Mac being the better defender. Viz averaged more points, more boards, more assists, more steals and slightly less blocks and efficiency than Mac, as well as sporting a 9-3 record vs Mac’s 6-6. I think the stats speak for themselves here. The last issue to me, was again with vxnue being left off of the first team. When looking at the SF position, vxnue was the leader in ppg, steals and was the second highest in win %, despite playing 4 more games than the player with the best. Comparing him to snype, he averaged almost 6ppg more, snype having a huge advantage rebounding wise, similar assists, almost 3 more steals per game, and nearly identical efficiencies. I understand snype was more of a pf/sf and vxn was the on ball lock, but I think snubbing the DPOY here was a wrong decision by voters.

SNUBS

MikeyG, Woosie

GMOTY

Winner – xMecciah

Runner Up – Viz

xMecciah

I think that I did deserve this award, as I built a team that was successful right out of the gate from bidding, not having to make any moves to change the NBA roster. I also drafted the G League team who also won the chip, both of us sharing the 1 seeds in our respective leagues. I got multiple guys on my team that could’ve won awards, some did and some didn’t, but we were so deep I don’t think there was ever a point in the season I felt like we weren’t a serious threat to win it all. I made a few trades in the G league to get some TCs that stepped up for us big time in the playoffs for both teams. I honestly do feel like Viz was the GMOTY though, he stepped up mid season, took control of a roster he had no say in, turned it upside down and got them a 1 seed and a finals birth, if he was there from the get go, I think he takes this one.

Viz

“If it was under normal circumstances, I would have thought that I’d have a decent chance at winning it. I kinda knew going into voting that other owners wouldn’t vote for me because of the nature in which I became Owner. We had a good season, finished as the number 1 seed, and didn’t forfeit any games, but I always knew that my expensive contract vanishing into thin air would leave a sour taste in peoples’ mouths.”

SNUBS

Rise (literally did everything for the heat and g league team after being left stranded)

Most Improved

Winner – Paca

Runner Up – STG

Paca

Couldn’t get a comment from Paca on the award, rumour has it he has been spotted in the back of an Arby’s lot, parked in the corner hammering some roast beef, but didn’t order anything from Arby’s.

STG

I went into the season expecting nothing then trades happened And everything got shifted mid season and I stopped playing the game as much and kinda fell out of my groove. At the end of the day I failed my new team in a big moment in the playoffs in my last season. I’m old and washed now. Time to let the young guys hoop

SNUBS

DT LuckyLuchini

DPOY

Winner – vxnue

Runner Up – Truss

Vxnue

My 1st season playing, yes. Indeed, I knew I was winning those stuff I had a great team, and overall this season was great somebody said I was “the worst bid” I disagree, gang

Truss

alright. Well I am honored to be runner up DPOY but I feel like I am DPOY. My rookie season was very great and impactful. I’m glad I got to spend time with the Knicks and led them into playoffs. Looking foward to build something better into Year 2

ROTY

Winner – vxnue (See above for comments, a man of many words)

Runner Up - ? Truss in my opinion but didn’t receive a runner up.

MVP

Winner – Rick

Runner Up – OG

Rick

Wait I won mvp? Lmao

I mean shit, I loved playing with the team. They were the reason I won, every group I ran with they communicated, knew their role which is extremely important in anything, and looked at me as the leader. Which I don’t usually think of myself as, but I knew I had the most competitive experience out of all of them and literally every single player I played with was open minded and communicated openly. Our team may not have been the most talented but the group of guys we had was probably my favorite group I’ve played with in LG (except for flems I miss that motherfucker so much he’s my man)

Even though the season didn’t end the way we wanted, we put up a fight and took the magic to game 5 where we clawed and fought the entire way through

Fuck mac He’s a piece of shit

Blame it on the claws

OG

No comments from OG, felt slighted by the league despite his outstanding play this season, which I agree with.

Totally unbiased, not written by a Philadelphia 76er

Thanks for reading, hoping to step up the media game next season. Appreciate all of the guys getting back to me about awards last night, to staff getting them organized and to the voters.

I also think we need to give staff a little more appreciation (especially from myself), these guys do have lives and aren’t paid or anything to be helping us with our stupid issues at all times of the day, and sometimes we take them for granted.

Happy Holidays everyone! Hope to see many of you back for next season!

Congrats Sixers and Blue Coats!

Mecciah

• Like Like x 2
    meccboomin