Media s29 East Atlantic - post bidding review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Feb 11, 2018.

1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    As promised to my follow up of my pre-bidding management/assets post. These will mimic my other post putting teams into three “tiers”: playoff bound, playoff contenders, bottom feeders. As per usual I’ll try my best to stay as unbiased as possible.

East Atlantic

Playoff bound:

Hershey Bears:team350:: The Bears looked solid before bidding began, it’s no surprise that after bidding I think they are a playoff bound team. @Gilbzey and @Wrextify put up a solid season in s28 which saw Gilbzey being one of the top C’s for point production. Their lines seem like they are going to be a bit tricky this season as they are missing a “natural” C for their third line. @x Neal x 19 x is looking like the likely candidate to fill that spot as he has some games sprinkled in where he has played C before. Regardless these guys have some solid forward options and will surely figure it out. The backend is the only potential gap in this team. I don’t know a lot of the names but it seems they will be looking at @Ats and @Gnashty41 to carry the bulk of the work load back there. They also have a DP who put up a good season in the CHL who might get a shot in @Farfadet92 . @a Living Pylon is looking favorabled as their started with @Insolubilis as the backup who has 0 games played as a goalie on LG. :thinking: All in all, I think these guys will do about as well as they did in s28.

Providence Bruins:team352:: This team shaped up pretty well as expected. They will have a solid top two lines, which will hopefully see @SpruceMoose91 and the boys redeem their poor start to s28. Second line will round out nicely with their @flyers2844 , @BARSOUTH HOCKEY line. I rate their backline as pretty average across the board, which isn’t a bad thing. No “big stars” back there but the veteran presence of @STL Bleeker ,@Joe Nahh , and @glex who have all seen some time in the NHL should help these guys stable. As for the goalies, I can’t say I know much about either but @hydra has put together some good seasons in net along his career. All in all, if this team can get off to a better start than they did last year, we could see these guys fighting for a top spot in the Atlantic. Like Hershey they’ve got a solid core of guys who have some good thumbs and a lot of experience together which should bring them a long way.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms:team302:: While I didn’t talk about these guys in my pre-bidding post, I think they are worthy of some chatter now. My only problem is that I don’t know any of these guys as @l McQuade l took full advantage of his knowledge of the PSN talent and put together a mostly PSN roster. I think if they can manage to not get their roster picked apart, this team will be one to watch in the Atlantic, most notably the 8.5M man @Nuge . As it’s been discussed before, usually for guys moving up you deal with egos as you are the “new guy” from the lower league. While it’s not always like that, I think there’s something that needs to be said about Nuge being more than happy to be on this Phantoms squad reunited with his buddy @Jumps x 66 . I think this team is confident they pooled together some solid PSN talent along with the XBOX folks they already had. Presumably their offense looks good, defense looks good, and goaltending looks good as well with the Matt duo of @Matt 4029 and @Matt l85l . Keep an eye out for this team if they don’t picked apart by the Flyers.

Playoff contenders:

Hartford Wolfpack:team314:: These guys fall out of playoff bound into the playoff contenders. Not for any fault in their bidding, simply because I think the think the three teams above on paper might be better. They assembled a solid team from the back out. At first glance I was very confused about their goalie pickups considering there was quite a few solid goalies who didn’t get bid on, but with a little bit of digging it seems they’ve acquired a veteran in @AceKillerXrated who has a TON of games played on LG spread across all three divisions. Furthermore they picked up @xTaek from the PSN side who put up a pretty impressive 50-12-1 season in CHL with an 82.1 sv% and 1.74 GAA. I think it’s a couple ballsy picks considering the goalies who were available but I am excited to see if it pays off for them. In what was a fairly thin defensive bidding, their backline looks well rounded with their management @J MeeHoff and @Costa l53l along with a couple decent picks in @NotYou197730 , @Timmaydatank , and @JKGrizzle . I think the backend of this team will provide the FWDs the support they need, but for them to be successful they will need a similar season out of @GimmixPwns and @Chicago Lights . It will be interesting to see how their lines play out as it seems like most of these lines will be new to eachother.

Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins:team301:: I saw a few people call this team weak in the chatbox and I am not so convinced. I think they got a really good steal at C with @Ehoode at 1M as the C bidding class was fairly weak. The baby pens have a good backend put together with a good goalie pairing in @Kingofny1983 and @Krazed l93l . They should have a solid D core with @C4NADA , @BearZombieXLD , @xl Slurpee lx . If they can get some of their forwards to gel they could have a decent little group up there as well. They have a few question marks in their TC on in @Angrykitten754 who could be a solid C in the AHL if he gets called up and @T9 GaLaRnEaUx19 which is touted to be a pretty good player. All in all, I think these guys will be a decent contender in the Atlantic, a couple trades could bring these guys a long way.

Bottom Feeders:

Bridgeport Sound Tigers:team315:: Even though everyone said RIP to this team, I think they are potentially a couple pieces away from being put into the “playoff contender”. @The Legacyyyyy is all but stuck on that team with his 7M contract at this point, though you never know. I am torn on this team, I don’t know what to really think. I think it’s a coin flip as to whether or not they will tank or be somewhere around the middle. They will rely heavy on Legacy and his line to put up some W’s to keep them going.

Springfield Thunderbirds:team617:: @deathstwr99 tried pretty hard to convince me that this team is a sure shot playoff team but I am not convinced of that whatsoever. They did get some great defensive contracts with @X87ChAbQC at 500k, @RickyBee2 at a respectable 4.75M, and @StayzClan at 750k but it’s their offensive power that I don’t think will be up to par with the rest of the division. Deathswr however did tell me that he opted for a group that has a lot of chemistry over grabbing a couple big name contracts so we will see how that works out for him. I love @Ballzy06 and he’s a great goaltender but they did end up overpaying him, which isn’t a problem considering they will have plenty of cap to play with as they didn’t spend much on their forwards. I wish my fellow s27 Calder champ teammate good luck this season, but I think you’ve got your work cut out for you.

Charlotte Checkers:team393:: For those of you who were around for s28, this roster screams s28 Toronto Marlies and that isn’t a good thing for @jyeti15s and his crew. While he does have a few good contracts sprinkled here and there, it looks like he is bringing a mostly CHL roster into s29 and that usually isn’t a good thing. That being said, if these guys were acquired based on chemistry, we could see them pick up some steam and maybe put their names in the hat for playoffs but I think it will be a difficult season for them and even come playoffs I don’t know how they’d stack up in a game 7. I think @Jonas Petersson is about to see a very different type of season ahead of him, he’s going to need to put this team in his backpack.

Good luck to all teams in the Atlantic.

• Like Like x 34
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,686 / 42 / -118
    Great writeup Fox, better then anything @Jon l10l puts out

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Jumps69

Jumps69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 48 / -89
    Great write up dude love it. Good luck this season

• Like Like x 3
    Jumpsss
  4. Jon l10l

Jon l10l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 117 / -139
    @Gilbzey I didnt even know you could read you illiterate fuck....

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    GrosHodor
  5. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 325 / -613
    Great write-up Fox! No mention about me on Hershey cause I am definitely the “gap” on the back end

Keep them going!

• Like Like x 2
    DaYoungBuck
  6. Mats ZuccareIIo

Mats ZuccareIIo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 49 / -36
    Go Springfield :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Jon l10l

Jon l10l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 117 / -139
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    GrosHodor
  8. Jude le Polski

Jude le Polski Dead Goon

Discord:
    Jude le Polski#5938
    Ratings:
    +221 / 6 / -9
    Great write up. Looking forward to changing some minds

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. ItsHorvat

ItsHorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +612 / 38 / -48
    Great write up Fox

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Well McQuade put together a bunch of PSN “NHLers” or so the story goes in S28 CHL and they got second rounded right? So why would putting together the same type of team in the AHL end with better results?

• Like Like x 5
    greech11
  11. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    Great write up fox stud

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. PointsForStyle

PointsForStyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 13 / -5
    Unfortunate that my team is listed as a bottom feeder, I think last season proved that I can handle whatever PSN legends Jeff can gather up.

Anyways, it's true we're a group consisting of some fresh legs in the league - but I think we're ready to challenge what is expected of us. We're not about to roll over and settel for last place. Good luck to all teams in the Atlantic, should be a good season.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. KeBrik

KeBrik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Ballzy06

Ballzy06 Ballzy Check!

Discord:
    ballzy06#0
    Ratings:
    +184 / 16 / -11
    Overpaid here!

• Like Like x 2
    ballzy0006
  15. l Doopliss l

l Doopliss l Yes. I turned the villagers into pigs. Big deal.

Discord:
    l_doopliss_l#0
    Ratings:
    +204 / 8 / -13
    @KeBrik since taking you out of it, it's got a little more wiggle room

;)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    • Like Like x 2
    NealiteGaming
  17. Jumps69

Jumps69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +451 / 48 / -89
    well i could try to explain to you why and how the phantoms will do well. we'll just do it on the ice glhf

• Like Like x 2
    Jumpsss
  18. Clancy47

Clancy47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5 / -6
    Nuge is one of the nicest guys I know on here.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account