S46 Western Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming ECHL (LGECHL)' started by RtC21, Nov 24, 2023.

1. RtC21

RtC21 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    RtC21#1598
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -4
    Welcome everyone to the season 46 halfway point! This season is the groundbreaking season we have all been anticipating for years with the introduction of full cross platform between PSN & Xbox players. With a long weekend ahead of me I thought it would be fun to do a little writeup on how the season has gone so far and where we are currently sitting. Throughout this writeup you will see a ton of information that will be interesting to track throughout the rest of the regular season. Also, i will make a couple hot takes so please be as brutal as you can on your critiques, enjoy!

Top teams in the league:
    1) :team621: Atlanta Gladiators :team621: 53p (East)
    2) :team640: Tulsa Oilers :team640: 52p (West)
    3) :team637: Reading Royals :team637: 51p (East)
    4) :team825: Newfoundland Growlers :team825:50p (East)
    5) :team624: Cincinati Cyclones :team624: 46p (West)
    :team620: Alaska Aces :team620: 46p (West)
    :team627: Florida Everblades :team627: 46p (East)
    8) :team642: Wheeling Nailers :team642: 44p (West)
    :team635: Quad City Mallards :team635: 44p (West)
    :team643: Wichita Thunder :team643: 44p (West)
    :team623: Brampton Beast :team623: 44p (East)
    :team622: Allen Americans :team622: 44p (West)

West

1) :team640: Tulsa Oilers 24-8-4 52p:team640:
    Management: (GM) @xShoot_N_Scores , (AGM) @Frizyal8er , (AGM) @IzzBot_

123 Goals for
    83 Goals against
    +40 Differential

Most points: @Buckeyes2525 12gp, 35p, 17g, 18a, +11 & @KL12Mack 12gp, 35p, 15g, 20a, +22

Summary:
    Everyone id like to formally introduce the PSN AHL'ers. HOLY SHIT these guys are on one what a start to the season. They have the 2nd best goal differential in the league and have no plans on slowing down. Its not a question of if these guys will make the playoffs but how far into the playoffs they go. I almost wish i paid attention to PSN before this season so i can give these guys some more credit but they seem to be humble and let their record speak for themselves. Good luck to you the rest of the season and may EA help whoever plays you.

2) :team624: Cincinnati Cyclones 22-12-2 46p :team624:
    Management: (GM) @KyStew , (AGM) @Bucket91 , (AGM) @IxI CV IxI

102 Goals for
    88 Goals against
    +14 Differential

Most points: @Eightball19 12gp, 35p, 19g, 16a, +9

Summary:
    So we begin with the absolute blood bath in the Western conference. The cyclones find themselves punching, kicking, scratching, and im sure screaming as they try to fend off (5) other teams that are all within 1 game of them for 2nd place. For this team to stay in second eightball cant let up and hes gonna need some support from the rest of this team. Its time for the coney island state to show up and put some grit in. I think theyll make the playoffs but where they fall is impossible to predict with the race this close.

3) :team620: Alaska Aces 22-12-2 :team620:
    Management: (GM) @Khettrik , (AGM) @BoyerX97

148 Goals for
    115 Goals against
    +33 Differential

Most points: @pack48man 12gp, 42p, 18g, 24a, +16

Summary:
    Here you have it ladies and gents the top scoring team in the league. Recently called up a guy or two and its worked out well for them. This team is either red hot or in trouble there isnt much consistency considering their last 10 is 5-5-0 but im sure theyll get it figured out. If they dont, who needs defense when you put up 8 goals a game am i right? Again this is an absolute dog fight of a conference between the top 2-8 teams really but im sure these guys will find their way into the playoffs.

4) :team642: Wheeling Nailers 21-13-2 44p :team642:
    Management: (GM) @Guru x 26 , (AGM) @Fullsend3174 , (AGM) @Zach x 56

107 Goals for
    100 Goals against
    +7 Differential

Most Points: @Juul In You 12gp, 29p, 15g, 14a, +1

Summary:
    This is the point i officially hate the Western conference. ITS SO EVEN HOW DO YOU SEPERATE EVERYONE!? The Nailers are in a 4 way tie currently and its just a disaster all around. With a great record like they have theyre honestly lucky that Allentown cant figure out how to win in OT or this would be a much different story. This is a team looking at the roster that can make some special things happen but its gonna be a grind all season long. I hope they get their rest and stay hydrated because the sweating has just begun, good luck to you!

5) :team635: Quad City Mallards 21-13-2 44p :team635:
    Management: (GM) @gregoth12 , (AGM) @Mafio_67 , (AGM) @x-Pasta88

123 Goals for
    107 Goals against
    +16 Differential

Most Points: @Ze2- 12gp, 34p, 9g, 25a, +5

Summary:
    Look until these teams all start playing eachother its gonna stay neck and neck. The Mallards are streaking just like their opponents going 7-1-2 in their last 10 the mallards are mallarding (whatever a mallard is). The mallards have the most goals for in their division and need to continue scoring at the rate they are to fight off everyone in this ridiculous race of a conference.

6) :team643: Wichita Thunder 21-13-2 44p:team643:
    Management: (GM) @Wzia , (AGM) @CaseyKiller , (AGM) @Scotty I19I

133 Goals for
    112 Goals against
    +21 Differential

Most Points: @Mayers 12gp, 48p, 28g, 20a, +36 (JESUS LORD HAVE MERCY)

Summary:
    An availability bug mustve hit this team or something must have happened. I refuse to believe this team is tied and in 6th place right now but numbers dont lie. Ask me if ill be shocked when this team finishes top 3 in the conference? I wont be. This team right now has the roster to make a RUN and deep but as with any team Wzia manages it seems his locker room will quit on him for some reason or another just when he needs them most. While they are still in there though this team is no joke and a serious threat to anyone they play. Good luck to you all and im excited to see where ya end up!

7) :team622: Allentown Americans 19-11-6 44p :team622:
    Management: (GM) @Snipeshow72x , (AGM) @I Lappy l , (AGM) @ImdahmerTTV

102 Goals for
    96 Goals against
    +6 Differential

Most Points: @Snipeshow72x 12gp, 27p, 6g, 21a, +12

Summary:
    I can hear this team by just looking at their 6 OTL..."EA sucks man we dog these teams and they let a shitter in". All i gotta say is, thats tough man lord knows we all been there. Keep grinding and get the finish you guys need by putting pucks on net. The roster seems full of playmakers and not goal scorers so hopefully soon you guys figure out how to hit up on that right stick and can start burying or if you dont want to do that, you could go for most OTL in a single season. Overall i think this team will make the playoffs but they will get there not by wins but by the 20 points they will get in OTL. Good luck the rest of the way boys.

8) :team632: Kalamazoo Wings 20-13-3 43p :team632:
    Management: (GM) @I JAETEA I , (AGM) @AngelicLlama306 , (AGM) @B0BBYBOBETTE

120 Goals for
    125 Goals against
    -5 Differential

Most Points: @WithReddd 12gp, 36p, 28g, 8a, +8

Summary:
    The Wings are in the trenches and taking grenades from all sides boys! 1 point behind 7th place and 1 point ahead of 9th. This team needs a back end to support them. While they clearly have no issue scoring its not enough to get the separation they need. Once this team figures out that it takes more then 2 guys to play defense they could be a serious threat but for now they seem to be their own worst enemy. With how close this conference is theyre gonna need a "buy in" mentality which they already may have after an impressive 8-1-1 last 10.

9) :team631: Indy Fuel 20-14-2 42p :team631:
    Management: (GM) @earboyq , (AGM) @sonicjoe45

100 Goals for
    88 Goals against
    +12 Differential

Most Points: @Ix Mazy xI 12gp, 33p, 15g, 18a, +11

Summary:
    1p back and coming off a 3-0 night this team is READY to get into the top 8. They may not be the most lethal team with snipers but they clearly know how to play team D and can play both ends of the ice which is gonna help them. Once the team figures out how to put the puck in the net a little more watch out theyre only behind Tulsa in goals allowed through the entire conference which is damn good company to be in. If ya want it Indy you know what you gotta do? YA GOTTA GET ANGRY, YA GOTTA GET MEAN (dodgeball reference). Good luck boys!

10) :team636: Rapid City Rush 17-14-5 39p :team636:
    Management: (GM) @WILKESY l13l , (AGM) @Fanzy Duck , (AGM) @Salty x 27

112 Goals for
    112 Goals against
    0 Differential

Most Points: @MyAnkleBully 12gp, 34p, 20g, 14a, +11

Summary:
    Confirmed the 10th place team in both conferences are my biggest surprises this season so far. If i had an award to give it would be named the "I didnt hear no bell" award named after Randy Marsh. While this team clearly has some figuring out to do im not gonna be shocked to see them make the playoffs. The roster is too talented and deep that they will figure it out and make a strong push this back half of the season, if they want too. With a six point fiveeeeeeeee dman on the back end and experience from a few of their players with late season heroics dont count these guys out.

11) :team633: Kansas City Mavericks 16-14-6 38p :team633:
    Management: (GM) @GuruGreg x79 , (AGM) @Ryanoceros , (AGM) @SqUrL320

98 Goals for
    101 Goals against
    -3 Differential

Most Points: @sugar_saleh 12gp, 33p, 21g, 12a, +9

Summary:
    3-5-2 in their last 10 aint gonna cut it! This team needs to get going and get going now with how close this conference is there is no room to wiggle. Being that the West is so close the window to playoffs is gonna close real fast with how competitive it is. No pressure or nothing but this upcoming week could very easily decide the rest of your season boys. Gooooood luck!

12) :team629: Idaho Steelheads 18-17-1 37p :team629:
    Management: (GM) @lxCanuckxl , (AGM) @HOULE 2311 , (AGM) @Rapierrrr

98 Goals for
    97 Goals against
    +1 Differential

Most Points: @JayC021 12gp, 27p, 14g, 13a, -3

Summary:
    Not sure what this team is waiting for but the season started 4 weeks ago now so its time to start scoring and playin the damn game. This team is coming off an absolute BRUTAL stretch of games going 2-7-1 in their last 10 and need nothing short of a miracle at this point to get back on track. Not sure what happened here looking at their roster on paper they have some great talent its a shame its not working out. Still only halfway through and you never know a team may collapse but its not looking great for the Steelheads currently.

13) :team641: Utah Grizzlies 15-19-2 32p :team641:
    Management: (GM) @OmgItzGainz , (AGM) @gomxrc , (AGM) @Obiwansz

109 Goals for
    144 Goals against
    -35 Differential

Most Points: @Obiwansz 12gp, 38p, 20g, 18a, +3

Summary:
    CAN SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET OBI SOME HELP OUT HERE!? Holy shit you know youre not doing great when your entire management group is .500. This team has maybe 1.5 lines ready to go but they are all forwards. Literally tied for the league worst goals against (144) what do you expect? This game has never and will never be "put up 10 goals a game and we will win". You need defense you need goaltending and you need cohesion. This management group is better than their current standing but they may also have fallen victim to a new game and failure to adapting. 4-6-0 in their last 10 anything is possible but if they come out of next week with anything less than 8 wins start bookin your trips boys!

14) :team1828: Iowa heartlanders 15-19-2 32p:team1828:
    Management: (GM) @iFarmerFran , (AGM) @iPrice96 , (AGM) @x BizNasty x

112 Goals for
    122 Goals against
    -10 Differential

Most Points: @xxNYJETSFAN21xx 12gp, 32p, 15g, 17a, +8

Summary:
    So close yet so far. It looks like they have almost 2 lines that can compete and then a 3rd line who may just be tags that dont have people playing on them idk. You dont spend 1.75m on a G and expect @JimboSpikes to carry a team hes not that guy pal. Does anyone have a Geiger meter on hand i can borrow? I can feel the toxicity leaking from this locker room nearly at the rate of Chernobyl! Im a big fan of a lot of the guys on this team including the management believe it or not but i cannot believe they let it get this out of control. While this team is as close to dead as you can be while still being alive...they are still alive. Good luck to you guys in turning this team around its gonna take some hard work and a miracle but it can be done!

15) :team639: Toledo Walleye 12-19-5 29p :team639:
    Management: (GM) Banned (LOL) , (AGM) @Ehoode , (AGM) @Taylz7

100 Goals for
    133 Goals against
    -33 Differential

Most Points: @Air Raiders 12gp, 22p, 16g, 6a, +11

Summary:
    Gather around for a story i got one for ya. The Toledo Walleye are a perfect example of why you dont take management with people you dont REALLY know...Their GM got banned for being a complete dipshit and inturn fucked his partners (and not in a good way). Its always tragic when this happens to a team honestly both for the other managers and any player on the team. Nearly catastrophic every time that i would put money on will result in more bans since people will not want to play here etc etc. I wish nothing but the best for the Walleye and hope they can find cheap flights to Mexico for vacation. Stick a fork in em theyre done. Players! please do not quit on this management team they are going through it worse than you are and be patient with them as they try and figure it out also have faith in the league to do whats right.

16) :team628: Fort Wayne Komets 9-21-6 24p:team628:
    Management: (GM) @xKozlov- , (AGM) @DirtyDuragz , (AGM) @mowsky2

85 Goals for
    144 Goals against
    -59 Differential

Most Points: @Mole11 12gp, 33p, 17g, 16a, 0

Summary:
    This team i picture as a driver who hits the curb and says oopsies hehe. Except instead of the curb they hit the CHL and ended up being in the ECHL. It is honestly really impressive that mole put up 33p somehow. I hate doing writeups on the dead last place team in the league because im sure there are guys in that locker room that care and just got the short end of the stick. Instead of being unprofessional and just roasting the team ill leave it at this...you signed up to play LG so play and pray to whoever will listen that you get traded.

West Playoff Predictions:

Playoffs (no particular order):
    :team640: Tulsa Oilers
    :team643: Wichita Thunder
    :team620: Alaska Aces
    :team632: Kalamazoo Wings
    :team624: Cincinnati Cyclones
    :team622: Allentown Americans
    :team636: Rapid City Rush
    :team642: Wheeling Nailers

Bubble:
    :team635: Quad City Mallards
    :team631: Indy Fuel
    :team629: Idaho Steelheads
    :team633: Kansas City Mavericks

Feed the CHL:
    :team1828: Iowa Heartlanders
    :team639: Toledo Walleye
    :team628: Fort Wayne Komets
    :team641: Utah Grizzlies

Id like to say a few things here i didnt say in my Eastern review...

1) Congratulations to league staff and the upper tier managers on selecting such a great group of managers for the ECHL in the inaugural season of cross platform. While of course there are some god awful teams the standings speak for themselves on how close and competitive not only the West is but the East as well.

2) This has been a day for me writing all this up and i had a ton of fun doing so, just know if i was hard on your team its all in good fun and i want nothing more than to be wrong with my predications.

3) I will refer to these writeups at the end of the season when i post my next writeup recapping the entire season.

Good luck everyone on the back half of the season! Cheers!

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 9
    No Streaming Account
  2. ScrappyMoose

ScrappyMoose Well-Known Member

Discord:
    scrappymoose#0
    Ratings:
    +89 / 5 / -11
    Very nice write up. Good read.

No Streaming Account
  3. Khettrik

Khettrik And Thats the bottom line, Because I said so

Discord:
    khettrik#0
    Ratings:
    +47 / 52 / -33
    good job man!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. gomxrc

gomxrc Elite of the Non Elites

Ratings:
    +395 / 13 / -31
    Y’all wrote us off, too bad we ain’t write back

• Like Like x 2
    gomarc
  5. xCarbeen

xCarbeen S11 Mem Cup Champion

Discord:
    xcarbeen#0
    Ratings:
    +1,309 / 99 / -206
    Bold to predict the Mallards to be on the bubble when they were the current 5th seed at time of writing.

carbeentv
  6. xKozlov-

xKozlov- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkozlovv#0
    Ratings:
    +124 / 3 / -12
    We aren't Dead last now I want a new write up :laugh:

mgrplay