Surprises, Disappointments, Inconsistencies: One Major Takeaway From Each Team So Far

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, Oct 30, 2021.

?

Are the Magic Championship Favorites At This Point?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    2 weeks have gone by in a flash and we are starting to better comprehend how good some of these teams are. Which makes for the perfect opportunity to present to you one major thing about each LGBA team here in Season 29 so far.

Sonics -

I mean there isn’t much to take from this team. They racked up the FF L’s last week and this will probably continue. I guess the one takeaway is that Bands continues to be a poor owner. Next please.

Heat -

I’m going to write all this under the assumption that they’re not able to pull off a trade for a line 2. My takeaway from them is; they made a mistake by not line stacking off rip. I mean come on, Cubs and Tone as your C’s and you don’t even think about starting with a line stack featuring Xhump at Center? Now they’re 3-9 and they can’t settle for 3-3 weeks the rest of the way. They’re in trouble.

Lakers -

My takeaway from the Lakers is they were not made to win a playoff series. In fact, they were only made to win 1-2 games in a series. The second line is subpar, and Witt is only 2-2 in games this season. The Lakers aren’t going very far with this current roster and, the league is lucky Witt doesn’t have a better supporting cast.

Knicks -

The Knicks takeaway here is simple; the second line has to pick it up or they’re done for. Swank’s line is 0-4, and they are heavily relying on the other line to keep them afloat. If the second line improves, this team can win a playoff series or two.

Grizzlies -

I could just about copy and paste what I said about the Lakers and apply it to the Grizzlies (except I’d replace Witt’s name with Shabazz). The second line isn’t even showing up, and KhoureyHooks appears to be nothing too special. It’ll be interesting to see where Kenan goes with this.

Suns -

The Suns are another easy team to identity what’s important with; whether they’re going to show up. On paper, the Suns have easily the best defense and probably a top 3 offense. But the problem is, that top 3 offense just isn’t in it. From what I’ve heard Kobi’s situation is a bit weird, and Ando’s 6’6 PG that he ran for a couple games Wednesday is definitely not it. If the Suns show up, they’re the favorites. But that is a huge if.

Jazz -

The Jazz definitely make up the “inconsistency” part of this articles title. After the first line went 3-0 last week with Mango averaging 45, they turned around week 2 and played poorly, going 1-2. Playing the Spurs, they had no answer for Rick’s wraps, and the Magic led by STG Beast got the buckets they needed. The second line was a good type of inconsistent though. They flipped their 1-2 last week to 2-1 this week. It’s just all about if both lines can click at the same time. That’s the X factor.

Spurs -

I hate typing this but, Rick may have been worth the money spent. He’s definitely better than he was in 21 (I guess Flems just made him worse), and is showing out. If the first line can keep this up, in the playoffs it is possible that the second line can steal a game. It’s time to take the Spurs seriously.

76ers -

You can like or hate the forfeit man himself but, I’ll give this takeaway to Mecciah and his elite bidding skills. He said the team played “poor” last week but yet they’re still here, T-1st in the standings. It’s hard to imagine a world where this team is not in a game 5 to go to the finals or in the finals itself.

Magic -

STG is the best 500k contract this season. Yeah I know he’s been mentioned in both of my write ups this season but he’s a hot topic and it’s well deserved. He basically owns the mismatch expert badge and it may be a primary reason the Magic make a run. Let’s see what happens though, as this is a very streaky team.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account