Week 9, Playoff & Season 2 thoughts - Read Me!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by eMLBCommish, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hey everyone,

First off, on behalf of the rest of the Staff, I'd like to thank you all for your efforts in helping to make our first season as much fun as it was. Like any first season of anything, there were struggles, and things to work on so that we can improve for future seasons. We were beyond amazed at the number of people who signed up this season, and we can only hope to be ready for Season 2.

So let's get to my thoughts:

Week 9 Thoughts:

It's the last week. That means there's an extra game this week, and means that one line/group of skaters will get a 4th game this week.

Playoff teams are tinkering to be at top speed for the playoffs, others not in the playoffs are getting their other sticks ready as they'll take their hits on the LGGT (Shameless Plug!). We know that there's almost two polarizing views on games at this point: They either mean something or they don't. No one likes playing meaningless hockey, but this is your chance to either polish your resume as the upcoming Free Agent, work on your chemistry entering the next year of your contract, or meet personal goals you came into the season with.

What I'm saying is: Attitude is everything. Come into this week with an attitude to play solid. This is a team sport, but make it an active week. We really want to see NO FORFEITS!!

Signups Closed:

Season 1 signups are now CLOSED! We will be converting signups over to Season 2 now. All players under contract for Season 2 will be carried over, and will not need to sign up.

ALL FREE AGENTS will need to sign up for Season 2 when the signup button is available if it is your intent to play in Season 2.

Conditional Waivers:

Per Brodie's post last week:

The back story on conditional waivers dates back a few seasons ago in the Xbox League. The real NHL has a period in time where players are moved back to their AHL affiliates prior to the season ending. The concept was for us to allow a non-playoff team to return an Amateur back to the AHL affiliate prior to the AHL playoffs. In the real NHL it is normally done for a competitive advantage as well as to help develop younger "assets".

Therefore in a nutshell, we allow NHL teams currently not in a playoff position to send players back to the AHL prior to the season ending. The conditional period ends after the final night of the season at 11:59 pm. The weekend before the playoffs allows for teams to set their rosters as well. Because once the playoffs begin, rosters are locked with the ONLY exception of players being called up to fill and open roster spot and players whom require IR for one round, thereby creating an opportunity for a temporary call up.

Playoff Thoughts:

We will be releasing the notes for the Playoff Rules very shortly. I believe there are one or two final adjustments.

The most important thing to understand is: How often can I play?

The rule is normally each of your players on the Active Roster MUST play at least one game in the first 4 of a Series, and all players (Goalies/Skaters) MUST play two games when a Series goes to Game 6. Game 7 is Management Decision on who gets to play a third game in the Series.

This is, in my opinion, where LG shines the most from a Management standpoint. Who builds the best team of 17 together to raise the Cup?

Early Season 2 Thoughts:

Here's some basics to be aware of:

- We'll have either a one or two week break once the Playoffs are finished. I would suspect bidding to take place in Mid-Late April, and Season 2 Opening Day in May.

- We will be permitting the NHL to attempt to re-sign two of their potential Free Agents this year, and one of their AHL players. Again, these are subject to the player's accepting the extension, and the team willing to pay the increased salary amount for avoiding Free Agency.

- There WILL be a CHL. This will require Management & Staff at that Level. We will need more of both. CHL is probably the BEST place for someone with no prior experience to dive in to a Management Role, build a bit of a resume, to tackle Management at a higher level.

- Depending on signup size, the CHL could be as little as 10 teams, and as many as 40+ Teams. Our primary goal is to minimize people stuck on Training Camps doing nothing. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to play that wants to play.

- We are in the middle of determining who will return as NHL Owners. From there, we'll fill in the blanks on what we need. This list will not be finalized until the Playoffs are completely done.

- It is safe to say at this point that Season 3 will take place on NHL '17, assuming it comes out in September. Where we expect to be done in early August, I'm thinking we are open to having the PSN equivalent of LGIHL (International Hockey League). Let's see who the best country is! More details to come in the summer!

That's all for now. Make it a great Week 9, and end of Season 1.

LB
    NHL Commissioner

• Like Like x 15
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    fkncommishlb
  2. exitwounds87

exitwounds87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -2
    Good stuff lb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    @eMLBCommish

If we have scheduled everyone for there games and a player doesn't show can we replace them with a roster player that was scheduled for three games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Immune

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    yes every player on ur nhl roster is eligible for 4 gp's this week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    In World of CHEL
    scootz10
  6. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Cut the league in half to 15 teams for Season 2

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Troll Troll x 3
    • Old Old x 1
    eashlgoalie
  7. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    What purpose does that solve other than alienating half a league and putting more people out of "work"? You propose we eliminate 265 "jobs" from the NHL. Why? Because you think games stink? It's Season 1, and not everyone comes from the same past league(s). Talent will even itself out as we have more than name to go on in future seasons, and Owners will have stats to back up their decisions.

This argument is had every year in XBox by the "elitists" who have no fear of ever playing below the NHL. Without trying to be disrespectful to anyone we know is clearly a top talent in this game, I see no value to doing this. If you really feel games aren't worth playing, don't sign up for LGHL and go sign up for LG Pro Series, because that's what Pro Series is for. Pick your own team, play against people who have skin in the game, etc.

With the #s of people we have, we'll stick with the same setup for Season 2, and go beyond with adding CHL and getting AHL back to its intended Position Lock status. There were over 1,000 people on Training Camps. We can't continue to operate like that and expect to be a quality league for a larger group of people.

Again, I know you may not care about these types of issues, but we do.

• Like Like x 7
    fkncommishlb
  8. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    As @MCDONALD l19l indicated, everyone still gets three this week, and one line can be assigned four, but if a player no shows, your team can end up having more than one line of players get a fourth game this week before needing to provide ECUs. No one other than a Goalie can play beyond four games this week, though.

Hope this clears up any concerns there.

fkncommishlb
  9. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    LGIHL sounds a lot like the failed CanAm thing.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Woytkiw8
  10. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    You're making a lot of assumptions that aren't correct.

I was basically just trolling, but if you want me to be serious here – this isn't Xbox and we don't have the same amount of talented players. You're talking like you're the POTUS... "putting people out of 'work'" "eliminated 265 'jobs'"... hilarious. It's a video game, take it down a notch.

Anyway, I think the talent will remain basically the same on PS4 for next season:
    • 15 Teams will have an NHL quality 1st line.
    • Those 15 teams 2nd line will be of AHL quality
    • Their 3rd line will still be CHL/Drop in quality.
    • The rest of the league will be a mix of the last 2 points.
    Next there are probably very few owners who deserve to be owners based on the results this season. It also sounds like the majority of the owners who are good are stepping down, so congrats on that. Hopefully you find better replacements or else the results will be similar. Maybe we need an eNHLCommish.

Next, if you take your time to check the Pro Series thread, I have signed up. Where is your team? Go support the league. Thanks. I think it would be dumb to have 15 teams in the NHL, but there will not be competitive, balanced hockey throughout 3 lines for 30 teams in this league for a long time... let alone 30 first lines. Pro series is cool, but that doesn't mean I can't expect competitive hockey in league. Some games are like if the New York Rangers faced a Timbits hockey team. That's bad for the league.

Don't get so butthurt over video game hockey. It will take years off your life.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    eashlgoalie
  11. I-Dekar-I

I-Dekar-I #TeamRico

Ratings:
    +95 / 7 / -10
    I think it will take about 5 season before we get a good level of hockey across 30 teams but it doesnt mean we should shrink it. We already have waaaay to many player for 30 ahl teams so we need to add chl in my book not the opposite. So what there is team that aren't top tier ? People wants to play thats it

• Like Like x 4
    YojimboTv
  12. DShakki

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    If I wanted to play drop-in style hockey I'd play drop-ins. If all people want to do is play, they can do just that. I want at least some form of structure in these games, rather than whatever it has been for the 21 games I've played thus far this season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Woytkiw8
  13. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Explain what you mean by "structure"? Are you trying to say the Constitution is not being followed/honored for every game you have played?

fkncommishlb
  14. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    @Tis Woy Woy - I don't mean to be snarky, but seeing your record, I'm not sure I get exactly what you're complaining about. :D

What it sounds like to me is that you might want to work with your team during non-LG game times to build chemistry. Otherwise, I'm at a total loss and thinking you're just venting in the wrong place.

fkncommishlb
  15. I-Dekar-I

I-Dekar-I #TeamRico

Ratings:
    +95 / 7 / -10
    What other do on the Ice is frustrating but that's the management Job to find good players and to install a structure of play. The league cant tell how to play the game. I said 5 season because of that factor every year Owner and MGMT will know who can play NHL and who can't and it gonna become more competitive. I'm hearing there is alot of good players stuck in AHL right now and that the Draft will be pretty deep for that matter. I had guys on my team that didnt know how to play their positions, we try teaching them and some learn and actually get good at the game some just can't. This is league is competitive but even on Xbox where it has been running for over 22 seasons there is still some bad teams. A lot of the work goes to the MGMT so if you want to play with solid players I would recommend you to look at a GM position or even owner

YojimboTv
  16. DShakki

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Deleted my long rant lol. I mean structure as in not 3 fwrds sitting at the other blue line, 40 offsides a game, forcing out front every time you touch the puck even though there's no1 out front to get the pass even if it makes it through. People who have no idea what a breakout is and think it means just gun it 100mph from the corner to the winger at the opposing blue line. The games are chaotic, much like a bad drop-in game.

You know when you finally build up the courage and say "fk it, i'll play a drop-in." Then 5 minutes in you realise "I dun fucked up." That's what it feels like showing up to these games.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Woytkiw8
  17. I-Dekar-I

I-Dekar-I #TeamRico

Ratings:
    +95 / 7 / -10
    And that is fine but honestly good players like you are either fuck by going in bidding since lower team will have cap to get you or you go MGMT to save your salary and build a stack team

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    YojimboTv
  18. rottingflesh666

rottingflesh666 Flames for life

Ratings:
    +4 / 1 / -6
    That is the dumbest thing you could have said. That right there is stupidity at its best. Lest make a league that the average person can't play in. Go play club get in division 1and your dumb ass problem is solved

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    rottingflesh666
  19. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    I'm going to disregard everything you said since what I posted went over your head.

The point I'm making is this league is not competitive, nor is it quality hockey. It won't be for a long time. The average person shouldn't be in the NHL. The NHL should be reserved for players who are at least above average and know how to play hockey, or at least EA hockey. The average person should be in the AHL or CHL.

You don't have to like it. This is supposed to be a competitive league, not house league where everyone gets a fair chance. If you suck you should not be at the same level as someone who doesn't. The way it is right now, people who suck are in the NHL. And for what reason? Realism? Because this is the way LG works? I think there's room to improve and change. If we can eventually go back to supporting 3 lines we can, its not difficult.

For those who keep saying: go play club or pro series – you're either stupid or stubborn, but what you're saying makes zero sense. I like league, I like the fact that it forces players to play with people they don't know, but this is not competitive hockey as it is right now. Yeah, whatever you can have 30 teams, but it can't support 3 lines. It can't even support 2 lines, but even that would be better than the way it is now. You guys should expect competitive hockey in this league as well, but apparently the only place for that is in club (LOL). There are games I've watched that have been worse than drop-ins. That's a problem that people should want fixed. I thought we were striving to be a league focused on a high quality of competition and heading towards the direction of "eSports?"

I don't care if xXstinkybuttholes666Xx thinks he should be in the NHL. If that player sucks they should be in the AHL, not on an NHL teams 2nd line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    eashlgoalie
  20. DShakki

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    "Play club, get in division 1 and your dumb ass problem is solved." Oh my, please tell me you're joking. Club is so bad and dead that people here in LG made a "Public 6s" club that everyone hops in and out of, and it is one of the top 6s clubs out there. How sad is that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Woytkiw8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.