Western Conference Preview - Ice Hogs VS Rampage

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by IllVIBEZIll, Mar 12, 2016.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Round One Playoff Preview

(3)Ice Hogs VS (6)Rampage

If I could describe hockey using only two words, those words would be passion and intensity. Hockey is a unique sport, there's none other quite like it. A game among gentlemen, respectful, well mannered people. Many of whom are friends away from the game. But the real uniqueness in hockey comes from the fact that on the ice, all bets are off. Friends are turned to enemies and this is particularly evident come playoff time.

This series is a perfect example of the spirit of hockey. A series between two teams that are run by respectful, well mannered GMs who usually have a friendly disposition.

But in the true spirit of hockey, this one has the potential to get ugly FAST.

"I can almost guarantee a first round win."
    "My prediction is Ice Hogs in 6"

Sharp, strong words from Ice Hogs' goal scorer @CelpHxTitleD506 , a man who doesn't mince words and seemed locked in ready ro go for this one when I interviewed him yesterday afternoon.

Judging from the feel in the locker room it's quite evident to me that Ice Hogs' GM @BeeDohBeeDoh has his team completely zeroed in and ready to go. I caught up with Beedoh, a man who is usually mild mannered and friendly that lends himself to the media; Instead was short, ridged and to the point.

"I'm only here so I don't get fined."

was the first words out of Beedoh's mouth. When I asked him what his plans were for the series or if there was anything his team would try to execute come game time, he had this to say
    "I'm going to change my lines and use the advantage home ice gives me"

When asked what his lines might be and whether or not he would match top line for top line all he said was

"While matching top lines would make for good games my job is to win..."

Not much from a guy who usually has a lot more to say. The intensity was written all over his face and you could tell he just wants to get this thing started.

Switching over to the Rampage locker room I was able to catch up with @Brodtshadow13 who was slightly more offering but still very intense and locked in.

I asked Shadow what he expects to see during the series

"It's going to bring an intense competition you'll see the competitive spirit more during the playoffs"said @Brodtshadow13

I asked shadow if he had any game plans, or if he felt there was a glaring weakness he saw that he felt he could exploit.

"Mums the word on that , I expect Beedoh to bring his game and I feel that we will bring ours, I think it will come down to a deciding game 7 , it will definitely test my team but we are ready for the challenge"

Slightly different plans and outlook then that of @CelpHxTitleD506

Asking Shadow if he felt there was an X factor in this series and what he thought the difference in this series could be and as many may agree he pointed to his goaltender @Mooner2014

"The X factor will be goal tending no doubt about it"

"Mooner has been great all season for us here there Is no doubt about that I mean the kid played 50 games this season for us Recording 5 shut outs he's been amazing, we have the clear advantage in net."

And he's right, Mooner who has been a constant for the Rampage is an impressive netminder.

Mooner who had a 81.2 SV%, posted a GAA just over 2 - carries a record of 30-15-5 with 5 shutouts while facing 692 shots, 3rd most shots in the entire league is an elite goaltender and potential game changer for the Rampage. I caught up with @Mooner2014 yesterday and he had this to say about his mind set going into the playoffs and if he does anything different to prepare:

"There is a lot of great teams out there but is as a team we r just taking it a game at a time and we will adjust accordingly following every game"

"No I go into every game the same. Just trying to give my team the best chance in winning and coming up with the big saves when I'm needed"

I asked @CelpHxTitleD506 if he's aware of Mooner and whether or not there is anything dofferemt he'll look to do while facing the goaltender

"I've done my homework good goalies are hard to come by and they certainly have found a good one in Mooner, but with our team clicking the way it has we will most certainly find a way to exploit him and put some pucks in the net and we do have the top goal scorer in the league who put up 79 goals I'm sure my boy @Ethos Jinx will find the back of the net more then a few times in this series."

Going into this one we have two similar yet very different team. Two GMs who may be friends off the ice but who are both fueled by the thought of winning on the ice. Two teams who have both faced hardships over the course of the season. The Rampage who started out the season 1-8 and seemed like a long shot to even make the playoffs. The Ice Hogs who dealt with a depleted defense and roster due to NHL call ups. Two teams who were kept fnctioning by key acquisitions by their front office to keep their teams afloat when their ships were taking on water. They now find themselves here in the thick of things facing off against each other, with neither willing to back down.

So how does it end? One of these teams are going home. Will the Rampage be able to melt the Ice Hogs, or will the Hogs reduce the Rampage to a mere temper tantrum. Series get's going this Sunday night 930 est.

NEXT UP: Checkers VS Condors

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    zubov_x_21