The "Get to Know the New Guys in LG!" Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by eMLBCommish, Dec 29, 2013.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    This league is rich with history, before and after VHL merged. It has its characters. It has its legends. It apparently also has its curmudgeons and trolls, too. It's a grand story, and perhaps the most organized internet online league in all platforms and sports genres.

On the eve of bidding becoming open, activity has been, and will continue to ramp up as teams put themselves to the test, amidst a plethora of scouting reports, who's who, and other general scuttlebutt. The unknowns have the greatest challenge, trying to prove their mettle at the 6v6 level. With a healthy system in place, both Owners, GMs, and Players are ready to test the technology at their fingertips as they position themselves for the glory and privilege or raising Lord Stanley's Cup at season's end.

Everyone has a story to tell. This thread is intended to tell the story of the person completely new to any entity (VHL, LG, or any other 6v6 league that might have been assimilated) that makes LG what it is. It's an opportunity to "sell yourself", and provide why you think you should be looked at. While it is mostly an opportunity for the community to learn more about its newest "rookies", the idea may allow a name to be remembered a little better, a little backstory give that name a little more polish, and a willing management staff more interested in either that player's scouting, or putting that bid out that notifies them they've ben signed during signing period.

With that said, I welcome all new to this phenomena called League Gaming to share a bit about themselves. Provide your own concise scouting evaluation. Might not hurt to provide your stats, too!

Best of luck to you all this coming season! Remember to have fun first and foremost!

LB (aka: eMLBCommish)

fkncommishlb
  2. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    Bidding is the 5th

No Streaming Account
  3. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hello, my name is James. However, I've always been nicknamed "LB" for short, due to the two capital letters in my French last name. However, I'm not Canadian. I'm Franco-American, born and raised (and still living) in Southern Maine.

I'm turning 41 this Saturday. I have 5 children (4 of my own, 1 future stepson). I'm self employed and have been for 8 years now. I set my own hours. I also have an awesome lady who is pro-gamer, and LOVES hockey as much as I do. I am an avid Bruins fan, and my last sports hero was Ray Bourque, and I've been a Bruins fan since "Phil Esposito Night", when Bourque took off his "7" (Espo's #), and showed the word he would wear "77" from now on. I was hooked from there!

How are you new to LG? What brought you here? I ended up getting here after glancing around EA Forums and seeing Funsley's nice video he made. I checked it out, and the league sold itself. One problem: While I have an Xbox 360 (my fiancée's), I have NEVER played an Xbox game in my life. I've played all my games on PlayStation 3, which I got mostly because of The Show. However, I can be found playing NHL on PS3 quite often (also enjoy FIFA, NBA, and Skyrim). So while I'm new to Xbox for NHL, I'm not new to the game, and the controls are relatively the same. So it was easy to jump in.

I found LG on December 10th, and got NHL for Xbox on the 11th. I've been grinding hard in drop ins, scouting games and some Club games. I'd like to play more Club 6s with LG Members, so keep me in mind! I can generally play in evenings when there's no scheduled games to play.

What does eMLBCommish mean? I've had the privilege of running an internet online baseball league, predominantly using Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) for most of the 13 years I've run the league. I've been highly identifiable as that, and since I believe in branding for awareness, I keep it simple and use the same username for my PSN and Gamertag. It's also my AIM contact if anyone needed to reach me there.

What's your LG story? I'm predominantly a Defenseman, prefer LD, but feel I'm still effective at RD. I could play forward (Center), but don't feel I'm great at those spots. As previously mentioned, I'm completely new to NHL from the 360 perspective, so I'm the big unknown in LG. But not new to the game. So my challenge has been to build my player up to a point that he can roll with the competition. As of this post, I've played 80 Games and earned Superstar 2 status. I admit I've bought my +7s on 360 (It's been a good year for business) to be able to compete more. I'm currently an 84 OVR. I expect to be Superstar 3 by NHL Bid day next week, and Legend 1 by AHL Bid day two weeks from now.

My Stats (Defenseman Stats): I'll provide both my PS3 (where I'm Legend 1), and 360 (Superstar 2) Stats:

PS3: 181 GP - 50 Goals (15 PPG/7 SHG), 115 Assists, 165 Pts, -34 +/-, 1,124 Hits, 37 Blocked Shots, 407 Shots (2.3 Shots/G), 12.3% Shot%, 471 PIMs

360: 80 GP - 11 Goals (1 PPG/2 SHG), 47 Assists, 58 Pts, +25 +/-, 382 Hits, 8 Blocked Shots, 135 Shots (1.7 Shots/G), 8.1% Shot%, 158 PIMs

Note: I've updated my stats to reflect a hard Sunday push to get to Superstar 2.

My Strengths:
    - Read play well
    - Defend zone (Stick to my side - Monitor where movement is going - Battle/Box opponents up in front of net)
    - Selectively aggressive (Gauge when to hit, when to keep someone driving in the zone to the outside to limit their shots)
    - Positioning in offensive zone (I'll provide an option to pass to, even if just as a decoy)
    - "Pinch" when wise (Read to see no one trying to flee the zone for a breakaway before going after a puck)
    - Use other defenseman's strengths (Behind the goal line passes, limit being on top of each other)
    - Use the wall wisely for passes
    - Penalty Killer
    - Care about +/- more than Goals and Assists
    - Hard slapper, more with intent to create juicy rebounds for forwards than actual goals
    - Team Guy - Happy when I get the nod, not looking to be a management headache
    - Perfectionist - Always trying to play flawless, always think I can do better than I am

Weaknesses:
    - Still not Legend rating yet
    - Not a high agility rating yet
    - Trying to keep the puck in the zone near the boards has lead to breakaways when the puck gets by me.
    - No points in fighting skill yet (Don't see point to do right now, trying not to fight)
    - Perfectionist (Get hard on myself if I make a stupid play)
    - Leadership Mind - I'll do my best to limit my input to management unless it's asked for. But I will do my best so separate my leadership mind and business acumen from being just a hockey player that is not a manager or owner.

What do you think you'll end up during bidding? Like anyone, I'd absolutely love to prove myself at the NHL level. Right now, I think I have the skills to be a 2nd or 3rd Liner at the NHL level. However, I feel because I haven't built my player up, and am a complete unknown to the LG Community, my best bet is to end up in the AHL to start. I feel I have the skills there to be a Top 2 D-Man, then earn my NHL nod from there. If I'm overjudging my talent, I've no complaints playing in the CHL. There's some good people (Sevv, for example) there who will make the experience worthwhile. I'll just enjoy earning my game reputation in a top notch league any way I can get it.

Thanks for reading this! I'm excited to see what my virtual career can be against the best! :D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    fkncommishlb
  4. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    The trolls cometh, even in a lighthearted thread.

fkncommishlb
  5. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    That's not trolling, it's a simple statement.

No Streaming Account
  6. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Welcome to the league!

Serpe_x_13x
  7. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    Hi, I'm Cooker and I like to party

No Streaming Account
  8. Pwnisher James

Pwnisher James Jumbo Joe

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi my name is James, and I also like to party.

No Streaming Account
  9. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,430 / 157 / -263
    My name is Audacity most people can't say it but fuck I can't spell it so who cares. I love long walks on the beach and once a week throwing pants parties for players who like to party. Drugs are bad but also fun. And I like to have unprotected sex 3 kids and herpies to prove it. But don't worry I'm not greedy if you want I'll share.

No Streaming Account
  10. Sladdir

Sladdir Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm a father of four and a french canadian. My main pastime is NHL. I've been playing this serie since 09. I've heard about LG in the easports forum and a teammate in my club has played in the VHL last year and I've had some interest into this league ever since.

My main position is RD, but in my clubs (I play in the clubs of three different group of friends) I'm known as the "can do it all" man. On offense I provide consistant contributions, mainly as a sniper, while as a D I can assist on offense even though I always play D first. As a goalie, I'm better than some of my clubs regular even though I'm not even a superstar yet. I think I'd be a perfect fit as a backup goalie.

As a father of four my playtime is kinda limited to the later hours (10pm or later). My spoken english is far from perfect but I've usually no problem to listen and understand as long as you're not some kind of Eminem who talks faster than a recorder can record ;).

PROS
    - can play effectively anywhere.
    - play for the team first and not personal stats
    - usually shows enough creativity to keep my opponent on the nerve
    - consistancy

CONS
    - playtime limited
    - defficient spoken english
    - not a hitter, in heavier games with a lot of good hitter/big players I sometimes try to do too much.

I'll post my stats later as I'm currently away from the box

No Streaming Account
  11. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    Name: Nuckles
    Position: Missionary
    Sex: Yes
    Favorite color: Green
    Favorite pie: Blueberry
    Eyes: 2
    Pump-up song before every single game: Smash Mouth - All Star
    Fun fact: I have eaten kraft dinner for lunch.

That's all there is to know about me.

No Streaming Account
  12. I Splinter77 I

I Splinter77 I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    splinter77#7975
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I like turtles

mastrsplinter77
  13. Banging Models

Banging Models Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 5 / -10
    My name is Nuge, I wear shark onsies, like girls who are edgy and play music, and dont pay any bets I lose.

No Streaming Account
  14. XThe Stronghand

XThe Stronghand Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Never played this game in my life. Leave me in the chl. Thanks! I'm always on btw. I play rd/ld. Gt xthestronghand

No Streaming Account
  15. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  16. mitch637

mitch637 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    my names mitch and i sometimes participate in internet hockey games

No Streaming Account
  17. KabukiTV

KabukiTV I play Goaaalie!

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Nerds

No Streaming Account
  18. bfp7

bfp7 put em in a coffin.

Discord:
    bfp7#0
    Ratings:
    +1,671 / 33 / -70
    you're cool as fuck dude. teach me how to be ignorant enough to play in an internet hockey league but call other people nerds.

19. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    You win this round.

20. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    I'm not new to LG, but new to alot of the VHL guys around here. I am 34ish and have been in leagues for quite a while. I started back in VHL (TheDirtyBlack) in S05 and played till I quit mid S07. I then ventured over here with DC and BNC when they restarted the league here. From there I played alot of the smaller leagues (EHL, XBS and Moose) as I have always liked a smaller group of folks that are more familiar. While the competition was never as good as the VHL, I did enjoy the familiar faces that the smaller leagues offered. Having said all that, I am really pumped about what has transpired here lately. The convergence of the best technical site with the organizational and league management skills of Brodie are going to make this the best place around for ages. There will be some bumps along the way, as always, but I am really encouraged by the site lead Tris and the league lead BMMcDonald.

Now a little bit about me and the buttons:

I play D, RD specifically

Strengths:
    Team first attitude
    Never will rage or blame somebody else. This is a team game.
    Will help the team in any way needed
    Active on the forums
    Familiar with the functionality of the RT
    Single handedly led Stew and Gun to a championship at XBS

Weaknesses:
    Rattled easily
    Only 30 games on my BAP
    My guy cant seem to body check a wet paper bag
    Political correctness is lost on me
    Get too high before games
    Prone to racist jokes in party's
    Easily bothered and will mute immature children
    Can't deke, period
    Turnover the puck alot
    Have a cat that is prone to jumping on my lap mid game and screwing me up
    Restricted to 9 & 10 pm games due to work
    Am a sucker for AG's the Rock

Where should I end up in bidding: third liner AHL at best (only due to defensive restraints), CHL second liner most likely. I am ok with wherever I end up as I just enjoy to play and want to help the site out with its defensive #'s.

No Streaming Account