LGGT Season 2 Final Extravaganza!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, May 20, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hi guys,

Consider this a beta, but hopefully a fun one!

I have decided to break down a playoff format that would give several people a chance to be a winner, regardless of skill level. However, it was decided by a few of my trusted advisors (namely @PHJ_314 & @Tris10) that there needed to be a limit of who would be eligible for this, so we decided to reward anyone who played 60% of the season, or participated completely in 22 Tournaments. See the Leaderboard for more details: http://leaguegaming.com/forums/foru...&page=tour_leaderboard&leagueid=58&seasonid=2

The Season 2 Finals (explained):

There will be FOUR (4) different levels of competition. The Elite players are considered the Diamond Flight, the next tier the Gold Flight, then Silver Flight, and finally the Bronze Flight to provide anyone who played enough a shot to win!

There will be EIGHT ROUNDS to determine the winner of each flight, two courses of 4 rounds each. The winner is the individual with the best overall score over the eight rounds. Scores will still be posted as usual at LGGT, however you are not trying to win a specific course, you are trying to be the best over the eight rounds.

The winners of each flight will be recognized for their efforts with a virtual trophy added to their profile.

The Participants (by Flight):

I thought long and hard about this, and the data tells me one there...there are FOUR Elite Players at LGGT. Only FOUR people are qualified to be the TRUE Champion of Season 2. This is the Diamond Flight:
    @blueorfe @Disturbed932 @TheTwizzler1974 @dylan42

Gold Flight (12 Competitors):

@Birchalism @chrashbird @RickyBee2 @MLT24 @Mr Tweek 1 @Mr Playtime 59 @pkhunder @JDForthy @burton31cat @mes5107 @CGib2 @TreiDub7

Silver Flight (12 Competitors):
    @Jurzee Boi @Stanimal29 @GringoinaCaddy @weasek1 @nevadaballin @eMLBCommish @STEPHENjHAWKING @Bloop_33 @Strubbi76 @FirstBlitzer AU @daddyjules10 @billybudd0623

Bronze Flight (16 Competitors):

@nvyscporet @blsboys @LeafsSteen @Alfy G @cdogbuck @colinw001 @rongill97 @The Headhunter @JDoolus @Detfan1984 @PerthSteve @ndlkdog @yellow49 @AWillTheTP @Emperor5353 @ramjr0116

Note: If you don't see yourself on this list, I apologize, but I had to make a hard decision on determining where was an appropriate point. We're not big enough to break down our Tour beyond one large group, and I needed to recognize those who spent at least 60% of the season with us. I hope you will continue to support LGGT when we begin Season on June 15th.

Courses: TBD (Will take suggestions on courses that are a fair challenge AND would prefer courses with 4 different pins, but not completely necessary.)

Playoffs Begin: Memorial Day (US) Monday, 8 AM Eastern

Playoffs End: June 5th, 11:59 PM Eastern

Any questions, let me know.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    fkncommishlb
  2. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this and thanks James for making this happen! Every sport has a playoff so this will be fun I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. nvyscporet

nvyscporet Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Commish,
    Yourself and Tris have done an exceptional job running this league. Ive had lots of fun even though its tough competing against those elite players. Looking forward to the next season and the beta.

No Streaming Account
  4. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Thanks guys.

Updated the first post to include the dates of the playoffs. Best of luck to all!

fkncommishlb
  5. rongill97

rongill97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the opportunity and all your efforts in putting this together.

No Streaming Account
  6. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Love this idea. Very much looking forward to it.

No Streaming Account
  7. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Very cool, this will be fun. Looking forward to it.

No Streaming Account
  8. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are the flights just for this event or will they be implemented in season 3? I only ask cause I think a relegation/delegation system could be interesting.

No Streaming Account
  9. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    We're not big enough to establish any tiers for a relegation/promotion system yet. We have less than 100 active members as is, and probably average 55 players/week.

fkncommishlb
  10. Disturbed932

Disturbed932 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Great idea. Look forward to it. Have Monday off so I'll give it a go.

If the DLC would come out already (certification process at Sony/Microsoft seems to be the holdup), we could try out some of the tropical or delta themed courses.

Personally, I'd love to revisit Ballyntine Chmpionship or Centennial Oak.

No Streaming Account
  11. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    The Courses have been decided!

I've got to get the second one in, but we'll head back to Ballyntyne National (Great suggestion, Jimmy!) and then have our second event be at The Shakespeare (The Sunday course). I'll have the entire leaderboard up and ready to go by 8 AM tomorrow, when the tourneys are in.

You're looking for "LGGT S2 - DIAMOND" (for example)

PLEASE!!! Only play in the appropriate flights!

There will be 4 rounds on each tournament, 8 rounds total. Lowest score in each flight is the winner of that division. Any tiebreakers will be broken by the total LGGT Points earned during the season.

Remember that the tournament will be played until 11:59 PM on June 5th by those who are listed in the first post above.

Good luck to all!

LB

fkncommishlb
  12. Disturbed932

Disturbed932 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Looks like you're missing the Silver Flight section on the iOS app. Heads up!

No Streaming Account