* New * NHL 21 Launch Date News! When Will You Get The Game?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG McDonald, Jul 22, 2020.

?

When are you planning on buying NHL 21?

1. Pre-Order BUDDY!

61.2%
  2. I'll have the game prior to puck drop Nov 1st

24.0%
  3. Ill be late to the party, this will be a christmas gift

5.2%
  4. At this time I don't think i'll be getting the game.

9.6%
  1. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    please please please push back the start of S15 by 1 or 2 weeks and run a 4-4-4 or 3-3-3-3 (6 week) schedule for S15. Then back to normal after that

Having bidding starting on launch weekend will be a nightmare for multiple reasons.
    1. There's no time to scout players on this new game - meta's change (most) games and therefore some players will rise and fall with this new game
    2. If someone doesn't pre-order the game or go out and buy it on launch day, they won't be able to comfortably sign up without the risk of taking a ban if they don't get the game in time
    3. I want to grind the game on launch weekend and get lost in the hype of a new game, not be focused on scouting/bidding/LG related things that take away my gaming time
    4. Having the 2 week holiday break right before playoffs will not be that good - it would feel like a whole new season and would hurt the teams that were hot to end the season

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Bonwl15
  2. IfIOffendUIment2

IfIOffendUIment2 IfIOffendUIMent2

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4
    We need some love for the west coast people that play LG. My availability is crap due to the first game starting at 5:30 when most of us will just be finishing work. We should have some later games at least on weekend game days.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    This sounds horrible. I'm not sitting around for 30 minutes to wait for a team to show up.

• Like Like x 6
    Bonwl15
  4. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    4 games in one night is too much time commitment in one block from an MOC perspective.

And sadly no, teams and lines can't just MOC themselves. Substitution decisions and ECU retrieval aren't always as simple as they sound, let alone getting 6 idiots to hop in a party together

• Like Like x 2
    brandovedo
  5. Don_Elway

Don_Elway Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Don_Elway#1995
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Don’t like the early games myself but like the sound of a 3 game a night schedule like on Sundays in CHL

I would like that in CHL rather than further expansion. Seems like the owner/manager pool is already watered down in the C

don_elway
  6. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Yes

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. JDFRYE31

JDFRYE31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JDFRYE31#2381
    Ratings:
    +160 / 5 / -9
    Im gonna start off by saying that I am biased as I cannot play the late games as is (10:30 in AHL, 10:00 or 11 in NHL) because of work in the AM. If the only benefit is that people can play NHL level on both consoles, I do not see the point. I dont play Xbox, but there are a number who currently play PSN AHL and Xbox NHL. How often would these guys actually schedule games on both consoles each night? I probably could have done some research, but would guys really want to play 3+ games a night, splitting on different consoles? If they were, I would imagine that their games are starting close to the "forfeit" territory especially with overtime and games with tons of stoppages, postponing already late game times further.

Another thought was why would AHL game times be later than NHL game times (And this one is a bit of a stretch)? There is currently a risk for ECU players in the 9/10 NHL games if they are scheduled for AHL that night. The risk being the NHL game going late, forcing the AHL team to ECU as well. Flipping the schedule would make all 3 NHL a risk for AHL ECU's if they are scheduled same-night.

No Streaming Account
  8. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Need to move bidding up a week at the least. Can't have it starting when tons of players won't even have the game installed yet.

eamonnjcf
  9. PartyDrew

PartyDrew Well-Known Member

Discord:
    partydrew#0
    Ratings:
    +23 / 2 / -8
    I like the idea of a shortened season but playing 3 games in 1 night is already a little rough. I can’t even imagine having to play 4 in 1 night (you know some managers would schedule like this). I know we try to limit the number the number of game days but a 3-3-3-3 could work. Games would be Sunday through Wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
    PartyDrew
  10. Deepblue2002

Deepblue2002 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 244 / -195
    Honestly having Bidding 2 days after it's initial release is a horrible Idea as mentioned before. Your talking about throwing everyone into the lions den where players will only have 2 days to play the game or may not even have the game yet which could drastically reduce the amount of sign ups at the time creating a massive late sign up situation. I get this is unprecedented times and need to keep the league in somewhat cycle making due with the current global events. Another factor too is as mentioned by @l Bossy l x 22 is bugs/glitches etc that we have no idea if it will be a problem giving no time for EA to fix the situation as the season starts. Also how will teams be able to scout for players who improved by NHL 21 or gotten worse in 2 days? that is a managerial nightmare and if we are able to return to our normal jobs how will the players even have the time to squeeze in scouting games or have the time to practice with the new game? I agree with Bossy of shortening the season because playing out a full season on a new game with barely two days of having it then going right into bidding then barely 2 weeks we start the new season would be a set back for LG in terms of skill which for players it changes per title. I propose because this is a unique situation treat it like an NHL lockout half season going to 5/6 weeks then playoffs. This would allow a delayed start to allow adequate time to learn the game, work out any bugs etc and allow the managers of all leagues to scout vs being forced to blind bid or do something completely stupid which can ruin new players or current players experiences because they are not use to the game yet until 3 weeks after the games release.

I propose NHL bidding start on November 1st- 2nd
    AHL Bidding start on November 5th- 6th
    CHL Bidding start on November 9th-10th
    Opening Night will be November 15th
    Season- Nov 15-December 23 (6 weeks)
    Holiday Season December 23rd-Jan 3rd
    Playoffs 1-4 Jan 3rd-Jan 26
    This time line still fits into the rest of the cycle and will not hinder the Winter season proposed. I think a shorten season will benefit everyone from E-show/NHL to the CHL and allow EA to correct any issues before it becomes an issue, allows players to have time to get the game and have time to play it, allow management more time for scouting since we are in a new release and presumably the last of Xbox one/PS4.

@LG McDonald

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Deepblue2002

Deepblue2002 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 244 / -195
    Also maybe a extreme Idea but what about delaying using NHL 21 until the winter season and continue using NHL 20 for this upcoming season? it would keep the current schedule on track as if the game was being released in September like usual, we get a full season and allow everyone plenty of to have the new game in time for the Winter season along with getting adapted to it.

@LG McDonald

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Chick Hen Nugz

Chick Hen Nugz Father of the Poultry Brotherhood

Discord:
    Chick Hen Nugz#8968
    Ratings:
    +460 / 15 / -43
    Will EA Access members still get the pre-game trial?

chickhennugz
  13. Sportsxx

Sportsxx Well Known Shitter

Discord:
    Sportsxx#9385
    Ratings:
    +85 / 11 / -9
    Don’t like the idea that that bidding starts 2 days after the game comes out.

No Streaming Account
  14. Trravvy

Trravvy The One and Only

Ratings:
    +157 / 15 / -52
    So will new gen Xbox and the Xbox one be in the same legauer different

travy_xx
  15. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    so not use 21 until Feb... IMO that’s a waste of a game.

Majority of the community likely have this game as a prelaunch title. Meaning they can play the game for a out a week before bidding is live.

we did that with September before because we had the time to do it. To maximize the amount of playing time we need to start immediately
    does the top talent change each season?
    95% dont.

a majority of our community get the game with early access as well.

we are three months out right now basically telling everyone you need to have the game immediately on launch to play our first season. That’s plenty of time to plan ahead and ensure that people are ready for a quicker than normal start

LeagueGamingOfficial
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Same league

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Majority of scouting is done for the draft. I have not yet decided when the draft will be yet therefore we could easily run it after bidding.

the community is being told now in July if they want to play in Nov to have the game. 85% of the votes right now will have the game.

You are likely going to have it early and have the ability to grind and such. In order to maximize playing time we need to start early.

There is always a two week holiday break in December...

LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. MadLuigi_Qc

MadLuigi_Qc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MadLuigi_Qc#7500
    Ratings:
    +387 / 18 / -68
    If the current season ends around last week of august and the upcoming season start 2 months after, what about playing a World cup tournament for NHL/AHL players and WJC for CHL players until the launch of NHL 21? This is just a proposal because the off season between S14 and S15 will be really long and I know it's not your fault, but I think you guys will lose a lot of sign ups just because of it.

Also you talked about the stage 2 of expansion process, does it have a thread where we can see how it's gonna be setted? Like will you guys dissociate the ECHL from CHL or you will just add new ECHL teams ant that's it?

Thank you.

@LG McDonald

Mad_Luigi_QC
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    There will likely be some tournament or something going on during Sept while we wait

CHL expansion will be explained to the community soon. Stage 2 is simply to maintain what we have now.

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. Pawdiddy

Pawdiddy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pawdiddy#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 84 / -187

What if they push back the date? And having the draft after bidding is a bad idea. Ahl like there Nhl bid send downs, and ideally the dp we already know that we want up in Nhl so we don’t bid on certain positions because of this

pawdiddy