LGHL Game Times

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Oct 24, 2020.

?

When should LGHL game times be?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2020.
  1. 9pm, 9:40pm, 10:20pm

76.3%
  2. 9:30pm, 10:10pm, 10:50pm

11.6%
  3. 9pm, 10pm, 11pm

11.1%
  4. Other

1.0%
  1. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    It was voted on by owners for a 40 or 30 min time stamp, rather than an official game time vote.

i’d just like to see what’s the overall opinion for game times?

Please vote, if other then post below.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    Getting rid of the 9PM start time and moving the 11pm to 10:50 makes no sense what so ever. They dropped the ball on this one. 9pm, 9:40 and 10:20 makes the most sense.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Grizgoal
  3. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    Vote other for:

9:10, 9:50, 10:30
    or
    9:20, 10, 10:40

No Streaming Account
  4. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    I don’t have a strong opinion on the schedule, but I’m curious as to why you think “it makes no sense”. Or was that just an exaggeration to make your point? It’s almost impossible for a schedule that includes a large group of people spread out all over North America to be ideal for everyone.
    Personally despite being Atlantic, I prefer the later games as my wife is in bed by that time :laugh:, though I’m sure many in my time zone prefer earlier game times. Anyways just curious @GrizGoal .

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Manning x 76

Manning x 76 Halifornia

Ratings:
    +394 / 10 / -24
    9-940 for me , being in Atlantic if I could finish my games before midnight is a bonus

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    To me it doesn't make sense when you compare the times against one another. A lot more people in LG have to go to bed early for work as opposed to getting home late to make games. If the goal was to reduce the times between games, the 9PM start time should've been the first game in my opinion. You hit two birds with one stone if you both reduce the time between games and the last game starts earlier.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Grizgoal
  7. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    @LG McDonald can you please weigh in on this, if the first game is later than 9 I'm going to have to withdraw my signsup and window is closih

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Thanks for clarifying, appreciate the response.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Bushook

Bushook S34 League Giveaway Leader

Ratings:
    +121 / 9 / -8
    NHL: 830/9, 9/930, 930/10.

Let’s say 90% of the league is east, or central. The issue on both ends is people with day jobs; not college kids, 3rd shift workers, and deadbeats who play until 3am on weeknights. Why would it make sense to neglect 90% of players’ availability for the late game to ensure 10% of the league can get home from work in time for the early game?

Asking old fucks to stay up until midnight is inhumane. Pls respawn

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  10. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    Atlantic’s rule !

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    I talked to Brodie and regardless of our overwhelming vote in favour of different gametimes they have chosen not to have an owners vote, and instead “test this out for the year” F in chat

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    old timings were 9-10-11 meaning a player's commitment was from 9 until 11:30

a majority of the players in the league are hammering their three games out in a single night meaning they are on from 9-1130

Times moved to 930-1010-1050 is a shorter time committing for a player to play three games in a night but also are within the same window as the original times.

These times also allow for the LEAST amount of overlap with the AHL which is important for preventing forfeits. In the last 6 seasons, the XBOX NHL has had the HIGHEST forfeit rate out of all six leagues... so this was important to avoid

if it doesn't work out, we change next season

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. GrizGoal

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    In the last 6 seasons there has been virtually no overlap of game times between ahl and NHL. The reason for the number of forfeits is when there's a bad NHL team towards the end of the season, top lines feast on those bottom teams. Their players stop showing up, resulting in 3, 4, and 5 player ecu lineups. Nobody in the AHL wants to play an NHL top line with 5 ecus, and they shouldn't have to.

To reiterate, players in the AHL don't want to waste a half hour of their time so that the leagues top players can absolutely humiliate them in 10-0 wins. It is a waste of time and it destroys confidence and stats for future NHL hopefuls. That leads to ahl players not being available for games, and ultimately the amount of forfeits.

Forfeits should be avoided in most cases where only 1 ecu being needed, or even 2. However, when the lineup is going to be a Game 7/Top Line vs 5 ahl/chlers, there's honestly no reason for that game to happen. The "avoiding forfeits at all cost" narrative needs to be over and done with because those games hurt the league more than forfeits do.

The players on the NHL team need to be held responsible for missing their games on a bad team. A lot of owners throw away the season and allow players to miss games and put up full ecu lineups the last two weeks of the season. The league should not expect an entire lineup of ecus to take on premier nhl lines.

Furthermore, in instances where only one ecu is needed, even if some AHL and NHL games overlap the club will be able to find a player. It might not be the player of their choosing, but they will be able to avoid a forfeit none the less. The forfeits come because a manager failed to construct a competitive team, and the AHLers and chlers refuse to play in these blowout games that they never stood a chance in with an entire ecu lineup.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Grizgoal
  14. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    This is fucking stupid.

• Winner Winner x 2
    jackbauertuna_
  15. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    Look at the poll, why not the times the majority of the community obviously favored the most?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Viktomize94
  16. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    They wouldn’t even take an owners vote, I said these numbers should suggest to at least take a vote... but I guess the people who play in the league opinions mean nothing

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. XxSgtSketchiexX

XxSgtSketchiexX Lady Bing Trophy Husband

Discord:
    XxSgtSketchiexX#8895
    Ratings:
    +208 / 23 / -14

100% this. Been saying this for a long time, just not as well constructed. The biggest problem is the lack of willingness to play for the "not as good teams" I personally have some + .500 seasons and a few 3-20 seasons because im decent enough to play but not good enough to be on an elite team. So why would you wanna play nhl just to loose 90% of games? That's the way it is, you have to, that's what you signed up for! If you dont like it, sign up to be management....
    Reason why guys sign up late and ect. (Hopefully the new sign up rule aids that part a bit. But there are many more factors....

Players need to be held more accountable for missing a game(and added to that, whining about being on a crappy team 26 times a day to where managers are fed up) add something like "if you signed up to play a season,(yes shit happens) so well give you 3 games a season. If you miss more then that, you get a season ban.... or something. Tossing ideas.

No Streaming Account
  18. StonewallSieve

StonewallSieve Well-Known Member

Discord:
    StonewallSieve#6688
    Ratings:
    +120 / 5 / -18
    If a majority of the league wants one thing why are we doing something else? As someone with 9/9 and never misses a game unless I have to, I'd rather FF and carry on with my night then get pounded playing with 3+ ECUs which was the case multiple times last season on Boston. Waiting 9 minutes to gather 6 guys and ending up FFing is much less annoying then getting reamed 10-0 with AHL guys who admit post game they didn't care to begin with and just wanted to play because "It's the N".

FF's are mostly an end of the year issue and the schedule isn't even a top 3 reason why they happen.

• Like Like x 1
    Stonewallsieve
  19. Puggeriino

Puggeriino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 33 / -43
    vote life matters

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Puggeriinoo
  20. Bruins37

Bruins37 CHL Shitter | $0 Player

Discord:
    Bruins37#8079
    Ratings:
    +271 / 9 / -101
    McDonald just giving us the timely life lesson of learning that your vote doesn’t matter.

No Streaming Account