The Top 5 Cs (Statistically) in s39 AHL (New Rating System)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Fleury l8l, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Fleury l8l

Fleury l8l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20
    As promised here are the next set of "cards". This time we are looking at centers. I debated switching up the categories to include faceoffs, but I felt that TAs, INTs, and OEE were more important. That being said, I completely revamped the rating system. Yesterday's cards were given overall ratings between 1-99, I changed it so that it is now between 50-99. This is mainly for the Penalties Per Game. For example; the minimum PEN/g was 4 seconds per game. That player only took 1 penalty over the entire season. This means that any player with an average amount of PEN/g is severely hurt because of 1 guy.

I also got some feedback that it wasn't entirely fair to judge all 9 stats because a player's role affects each category differently. I decided to take the 2 best stats from each category and then average the 6 stats together to get a total player overall. As I mentioned yesterday there are some flaws and outliers but this is the closest I've come to stats actually somewhat matching up with talent.

With the introduction of my new rating system, that means I had to go over and redo my picks from yesterday. It changed the top 5 quite a bit. Im not going to flood the thread with cards, so ill just post the new top 25 LWs based on pure stats:

LW updated.PNG

One more thing, these rankings are entirely based on math, no bias, no human input, just completely math. They are not correct, as there is no way to measure skill in a video game. So please, before you get upset you aren't where you thought you were, just remember factors like Strength of Schedule, linemates, goaltending, and position, are not taken into account in my ratings. So they are absolutely not 100% correct, but they are a good idea of who is what.

Reminder on the criteria:
    - Played in at least 20 games this season
    - Is signed up at C on the site

Okay, here are the top 5 Centers in s39 AHL (statistically):

Barzy.png

5 - @BarzyTTV

One of the more consistent Centers throughout the season. As you can see from his stats he was a force on both ends of the ice and rarely ever hurt his team. His high TA/g stat suggests he was a pest to play against. Unfortunately, his postseason was ended by Rockford in 7 games.
    Pastrnak.png

4 - @lPastrnak 88l

Pastrnak was a part of the three-headed monster in Bakersfield. Unlike Barzy, Pasta was a bit more offensively minded. His very low TA/g suggests he stayed at home in the slot and rarely forchecked.

Bartlettt.png

3 - @BartIettt

Bartlett was a pillar of the Charlotte team that was faced with a lot of unfortunate challenges in the postseason. His elite defensive stats as well as an extremely low amount of penalties show why Bartlett was one of the best. Hopefully, we will see Bartlett fully recovered and back for s40.
    Rico505.png

2 - @RiCo505

This may come as a shock to some people to not see him at the top. Rico is no doubt one of if not the best center in the AHL currently. Near 99s across the Offensive category as well as outstanding defense and team play stats push him way above the last three players. However it wasn't enough to pass #1:

SweatedOrb5.png

1 - @SweatedOrb5

This isn't really a surprise to me. Orb is the best player I personally have ever played with. I know you may think I purposely put him here, but again it's all math. That being said, Orb is an elite playmaker but he's an even better center in his own zone.

Again, this is all math, there are a few guys who I personally think should be in the top 5 that aren't. Here is the top 25 C's to see where you may (or might not lol) sit:

Centers.PNG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Raymond l23l

Raymond l23l Wagwon

Ratings:
    +184 / 26 / -158
    :thinking:

No Streaming Account
  3. Fleury l8l

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20

No Streaming Account
  4. Loukzz Eh

Loukzz Eh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Loukzz Eh#4138
    Ratings:
    +62 / 9 / -9
    Again, nice media

loukzztv
  5. Raymond l23l

Raymond l23l Wagwon

Ratings:
    +184 / 26 / -158
    Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of playing 1 position this season so it doesn't suprise me hah, nonetheless good writeup!

No Streaming Account
  6. The AB Show

The AB Show Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 5 / -26
    @AK11GKG is not only the best C in the league, but the best player in the A.

• Winner x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. AK11GKG

AK11GKG AK11GKG

Ratings:
    +19 / 4 / -12
    this is what happens when BOTS make rankings based on STATISTICS ALONE!!!! WHAT HAS LG COME TO? AK OUT.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Fleury l8l

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20
    Be better

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1