5 question interview with MCDONALD l19l

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by WhiteSilence14, Nov 25, 2014.

1. WhiteSilence14

WhiteSilence14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    I would like to thank the commissioner of the LG hockey league [MENTION=7097]MCDONALD l19l[/MENTION] for his time doing this interview with me.

1. Are there going to be any upcoming rule and regulation changes for next season in the LG hockey league? If yes what rule is being changed and why is it being changed?

Each and every season the constitution is reviewed and changes are normal. What many do not realize is the rules are voted on by the players, owners and staff. So in order for a change to happen, 2 out of 3 votes must be in favor.

There has been a lot of discussion about trade requests and how they are being abused. I can see some adjustments to how long teams have to move a player who requests a trade as well as limitations to some degree.

Game times are always a hot topic, the NHL owners wanted to see the NHL game times go to 9:30-10:30 for this season but there wasn't enough player support.

I don't expect anything major to change.

2. From your perspective as Commissioner of the LG hockey league has this season so far been successful and what is it that made this season so successful?

The season has been successful in my eyes simply due to the commitment and numbers we have. We were dealt a shitty hand this season when EA told us next gen wouldn't be an option for us. That being said we were able to move past that and still offer the community a decent season.

3. What is your opinion on the recent partnership between LG and ID@XBOX, what will this partnership bring in the future and are you excited for this change?

The relationship Tris and I have is pretty close. We normally talk every day and when he told me about what this means for us I was pretty excited. He also told me that if I can dream it up, and can create it and now this partnership should open doors that weren't ever possible.

Look at the NHL Game Center App, then look at your LG App. They should look kind of similar. That was an idea I had last season. Now with the ability to stream games from Xbox One, it will be a possibility in feature seasons to watch your LG Team play live from your phone.

That partnership just supports the idea that there is literally no better league to play in.

4. How has your season gone as a player in the LGHL?

Season wise hasn't been the best. I always find myself a slow learn as we progress through an NHL title I get better. I've been trade so many times I am just hoping to find a home now. Point wise I still get my 2 PPG, but I'd like to see more Ws up there. Hopefully I can finish these season strong and help my current MIN team in the playoffs.

5. What is your future in the LG community, are you planning on stepping down from Commissioner any time soon?

That is an interesting question. I have committed so much of my personal time to this community and League that I have no intentions of every leaving. Personal I don't think anyone could commit the time that I do to this, and I almost feel obligated to continue as long as the support from the community is there. Obviously some people don't like me, but that is life.

I feel what I bring to this League keeps it functioning as well as it does at times. That all being said, I am only as good as those I work with and much can be said about the quality of owners in place as well. I might have the title, but at the end of the day without others who are willing to commit their times as well, we wouldn't have what we have today.

I picture myself one day just being the face and the voice of this League and spending more time doing fun stuff like this. Majority of my time now is trying to polish this finished product to ensure nothing but excellence comes from this League. Until the day comes where I feel this product is perfect I'll continue to commit whatever it takes to keep us ahead of the pack.

• Like Like x 19
    No Streaming Account
  2. Kopy

Kopy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +725 / 0 / -0
    pretty obvious that the league would not be as prominent and successful as it is without Brodie, and anyone who thinks otherwise is oblivious.

i enjoy being owner just to make his life a little bit easier however i can.

dick in mouth.

• Like Like x 18
    No Streaming Account
  3. Coach Denham

Coach Denham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,242 / 70 / -91
    I would have thanked that if it didnt randomly end with "dick in mouth."

KingDenham
  4. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    "Dick in mouth" earned my thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    I have to agree with kopi, Brodie does a great job continuously trying to grow and expand the league with the best intentions of the whole in mind. It is certainly a thankless job. Keep up the good work bud.

If you change the game dates to Monday-Wednesday I shall evolve into the next Hopkins and rain terror on you until the end of your days.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  6. SoGringo8040

SoGringo8040 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    Thanks for all the hard work Brodie, you have a tough gig.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    Thanks for all the hard work Brodie , you have a tough gig?

No Streaming Account