A honest review of management as told by Baris

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Baris7688, Jul 14, 2016.

1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    A tale of two men, friends and confused people who wandered into the off season of LG season 1 and ended up with a team some more friends and a lot of experiences. If you dont like my writing style or myself or the Bing Sens feel free to stop reading, right about (fuck you) now. For those of you that care and enjoy a read i will talk all about the trials and tribulations that me and @Live_by_SIN faced. And some WARNINGS FOR POTENTIAL MANAGEMENT.
    Ight here we go LGAHL and readers,
    Chapter 1- Bidding
    The season started with bidding, oh the joys of bidding here you spend your imaginary dollars on people while havingseen precisely maybe 30% of them play. If you are super lucky, maybe even your owner will help you and demand you get players who for most of the year will give you a headache and make your life infinitely harder because they dont care. But you cant do anything about it because they know your owner. YAY :) . So whatever still plenty of spots to fill so as you and your GM monitor your phones worse then people playing Pokemon GO you start to question your strategy, who is bidding on my guy, who knows this guy who i was sure nobody knew who the hell is that man who is worth 7.25 million and rising. All questions you ask yourself.
    But new managers hold your ground make your bids early do your stat research and figure it out. Dont go after the new flashy toys just because other people are throwing money at it. OMG wow now you won something new management...what should you do how about messaging the people to see if they will play. Boom done give em the whole talk about how they have 72 hours to respond or whatever. If they dont answer go to the action center and file for your removal nothing worse then having a dude eat away at your cap and roster space while not being worth anything. Once your bidding is over its time for the regular season.

Chapter 2- The Early Regular Season
    Here you find out how good you are at guessing or how lucky you are to have friends who are good at the game and signed up for you OR perhaps they are xbone players. Who knows but what you do know quite clearly who are the good teams and who are the bad teams. As management you will be invited to a skype chat, join that shit its live as hell and a easy way to communicate with people, also easy way to find friends and enemies as your season progresses some examples @JDForthy and @Bigbeefy013 have man crushes on me, @yeeyee_dipper he...well...hes a devil all right.
    Anyway those teams that are winning games those teams that are losing can switch up quickly but you see that team who at week 2 has like 2-3 wins you can safely assume they are not gonna get better. AKA Marlies and Checkers. Those teams that have a stacked lineup but seem to be in the middle at .500 they will be more then likey fine. AKA Bing Sens and Syracuse. OR they could just self destruct AKA Devils and Bruins. Those teams that are winning everything, its not gonna change AKA Ice Hogs and Amerks. But back to your team, never ever EVER trade your TC unless you are sure that you are getting a stud back. Never know what can happen to a player for example @Ltz_McLovin .
    So now your team, try to establish lines, talk to your TCs see if any of them dont suck aka @VanishingPoint92 and @Gods_do_assend . Monitor the TCs just like you would your own team, itll help in the long run trust me. Play, play alot of games have intra squad practices, check the shoutbox, see what people are talking about. Also in this skype chat you will see GMs say OTB and list a shit ton of people, check and see what you can get maybe you can grab yourself a @Funkyshiesta or a @Rowdy x 51 . Oh and according to @Live_by_SIN you will learn to hate OCR i have no idea wtf that is because i never put in stats because thats a job for a scrub like @Live_by_SIN .

Chapter 3- Your mid season
    By now you will realize something 1 of 3 things.
    1- My team sucks, and im stuck with it because i made it. OR you got tricked into accepting management because another guy quit.
    2- My team is OP im making the playoffs. Congrats.
    3- Holy crap we are almost in the playoffs but then almost out of them what do i do. aka @Filthy_Habitz
    For 2 and 3 ill help you out. For number 1 i dont know what you do but if i was to judge i would pretend like my team is good then refuse trades for my good players because if you as management arent making playoffs then nobody is. Good job. Now back to number 2 and 3, as the trade deadline approaches feel free to address not only your needs but maybe your NHLs as well as they struggle to deny that they are a 1 team instead of a 2 or 3.
    As the trade deadline approaches feel free to let the players you dont want play the easier teams and bump up stats, also check with the worse off teams and see if they will trade people, shout out Ontario Reign, fuck you Marlies. At this point you should also realize what players struggle to make games and the ones who always ready AKA @troublekid1999 and @VanishingPoint92 . The ones who struggle to make games you should try to trade its annoying in the playoffs. You will figure out who has hockey sense @Rowdy x 51 and who still calls penalty kills, power kills @Live_by_SIN (hes good tho trust me) .
    Around here you will also realize all the pre season shit talking will come to fruit and good lord does it feel good to be right hey i made the playoffs @FleshEatingAlien and you well...your banned lol. Also here points matter alot, dont go and try and play all the good teams RIP my record or play your internet friends @Jlm1410 (never got the chance :( ). Find those bad teams and crush them mercilessly and get those two points itll help later on in the year.
    As you bring the new guys in try to show them how you run the ship and try and show them what is expected of them. Some players are insanely happy you have saved them from the shelter for beaten and abused LG players aka @Funkyshiesta others will be grateful to be sent off the horrid NHL team @jmm420 , use them for the salt level in them is high and they are motivated and ready to prove people wrong. At this point TCs will get annoying and some of them will get to the point where you go insane ( @amoney281 ) or they end up being studs ( @jets-2016 , @Userpic1306 , @VET1MARINE5JUL10 ) use them and try them out because they are prob better then some people on your roster.
    At this point you if your team is decent and people like you as management will attempt to help you as the weeks go on @troublekid1999 make him the second AGM unless your owner makes another person AGM because he is a owner and wants to do things his way even tho your way is working perfectly fine but whatever youll get over it after a lot of bitching. Keep looking Forward because before you know it itll be......LATE SEASON

Chapter 4- LATE SEASON
    OH BOY 2 WEEKS LEFT HERE IT COMES THE FINAL SPRINT. At this point Conferences will be clinched and WC spots clinched then un clinched because the site makes mistakes. (ITS FREE DONT COMPLAIN EM I RIGHT @Tris10 ) At this point team 2 from above will start to panic and will either play super well and make it @BROSKI_002 and the condors or they will fall apart and collapse under weak management Bruins @Water_wheels and crash and burn. Some will try super hard and not make it RIP Stockton RIP Bears. Some will get fucked by the AHL rules RIP Stars.
    Now if you are still reading this because you may want management it may behoove you to take a AHL Spot with 8 teams just saying...ask Grand Rapids... As it comes down to it start getting the nitty gritty start playing your power house lines against the weak teams you know they are good and then start to play the ok lines and oh dear lord we have to play them in a 7 game series to see how bad or good they are. <--- @Bigbeefy013 strategy.
    Now you will also have some tensions as the playoffs emerge and you will perhaps get some people who have to go on trips @plyicehky or people just wont respond and vanish @reelax13 , but hey you will get through it. Also if you are in the playoffs sometimes your players will get stat hungry and leave your goalie out to dry, yell at them as management and tell them goalies have feelings too ask @Irishsean .
    Before you know it you will find out who your future playoff opponent is hopefully its someone you hate so you can destroy them happily or sometimes its someone who helped you alot as the year goes on @JDForthy . Either way try to watch some streams and see what its all about.

Chapter 5- Playoffs
    I dont know...ive only made it to the second round once. But dont do anything illegal ask questions not all of your other GMs are assholes someone will help you out, dont START A ECU....DONT PLAY 1 LINE ALL SERIES. Dont think the rules are meant to be broken, play fair and have a good time. Also its a fucking video game relax and play and have fun, soon itll all be orge..over sorry typo. Anyway if you have read this much, kudos to you and dont forget to wipe your ass.

Your Favorite former AGM now just media team member who is dope,
    nyBARISny
    LD/ RW?

TLDR- Management is rough, only people who help you are other nonshitty GMs. Make sure your owner isnt a dick and if you really want a team pick one in a 8 team division.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Nybarisny
  2. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    [​IMG] Solid read..my favorite part is when you misspllleeeled over and it looks like orgy. oops dropped something here

• Like Like x 1
    w1kd__84
  3. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    supposed to be a play on the popular Shrek meme

Nybarisny
  4. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    RIP Albany RIP Lake Erie

• Like Like x 3
    zubov_x_21
  5. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    give me a tldr

Pastahnak
  6. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    [​IMG]
    disclaimer i googled Baris

• Funny Funny x 1
    w1kd__84
  7. SKILLEDPYTHON

SKILLEDPYTHON East

Ratings:
    +284 / 118 / -312
    Good post

Side note, may consider breaking up the bulk e.g,

jkdhafjksgajksgajksghaksjgaksjg
    kjsdfgakjsghaskjgs;jkfga;gj;ghjls
    kasgjhalsgjhlajghljsghasljghagljhagljs
    kfgjshaljsghalsjgdhalsjghajsgfhdajshgfjl
    fskjhgaljhsljghasfgjlhasgljhlasgjhalsgh
    sfakgjhasfgjhagljhaslgjhalsjdgsahajl
    asfjghaslgjhalsgjhlfjghsaljghalgsfjha
    afslgkhjasflghafsjghfajslghaglfjhlg
    asfkjghagljhgsljhaglhglsh;algshaglhjs

Into smaller sections e.g.,

bvkjbkbdsbdkjvbjbvjbvavkhdsfkjgkajhgkjhgfkajdghakjsghakjlgh
    ksgaksjfgakjsfghaksjghafskjghafskjghafskgjhaskjhfhksajgfh
    ksfjhgasfkjghakjfghaksfjghakjfsghafksjghafskjghasfkjhfskgjh

kasfjbgasfkjgasfkjghaksfjghasfkjghasfkljghafgj
    ksfjgbkajsfghafskjghsafgjhafsjlghsfkjghsfkjgh
    kfgbksfjghkfjghakjfghsksajghagksjhasgjkhaskjgh

kfsjghasfgjhaljgshaskgjhskfgjhsgfkjhakjghagkjfsh
    ksfjghfsljghslfjghaslgjhfsgljhsfajlghaflsjghljsfgha
    ksfjgbsgfjlhasfgljhafsgljhagljhsfljghafsljghsfaljhg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197

gonna try and double space it...but the site always crunches it like this

Nybarisny
  9. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    [​IMG]
    CLOSE BUT NO

• Winner Winner x 2
    Nybarisny
  10. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -14
    I love it. Perfect summary of GM burnout.

Chapter 3 has some totally legit advice for any potential GM's.

• Like Like x 1
    birthday_machine
  11. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Burnout is the correct term...I feel free

Nybarisny
  12. MisterBionic

MisterBionic MisterBionic

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -4
    Not so fast....

• Like Like x 1
    mr3ionic
  13. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    TLDR- Management is rough, only people who help you are other nonshitty GMs. Make sure your owner isnt a dick and if you really want a team pick one in a 8 team division.

"if you really want a team pick one in a 8 team division." its a problem when the best advice ever is to take a team in an 8 team division due to the absurd advantage it gives you as a team ;)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I generally agree with most of this. Good review

JClaus33
  15. DJ-WKU-68-_-

DJ-WKU-68-_- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    LEM.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. VET1MARINE5JUL10

VET1MARINE5JUL10 Just some Motivated Devil Dog.

Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -3
    Awesome read man. I got to the part that said "At this point TCs will get annoying and some of them will get to the point where you go insane ( @amoney281 ) or they end up being studs ( @jets-2016 , @Userpic1306 ,@VET1MARINE5JUL10 ) use them and try them out because they are prob better then some people on your roster." And was like damn I'm that TC then I continued to read and saw the stud portion and was like FUCK YEAH.

• Like Like x 2
    themastiffman
  17. matthuot87

matthuot87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 231 / -441
    You you guys problem at bing sens was the end of the week trading like you had nothing else to do. At some point you guys had a great roster really tough this team would make it far but trade and trade did not helped. I run a ahl team in vg and I pretty much know everyone in my team wich help. I did not made one single trade because not because you had a bad week that you should give up on players. Managment is hard when you have too much ppl you don´t know

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Alot of trades were out of our control out of all the trades we did....i think about 1/5 of the trades were me and SIN the rest were NHL. And VG is basically glorified club you run one line 95% of the games.

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  19. matthuot87

matthuot87 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 231 / -441
    Not on my team i got a 4 million guy i did not want who could play 1 game per night a 3.250 who barely play 20 game in 60 games plus I use everyone on my team yeah other team play a lot same guys over n over lol. I think i would do good as a LG owner. Itook people I knew that was helpful man

No Streaming Account
  20. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I wish to have as much freedom as you when i do management again for i was trapped in the chains of the NHL at the mercy of my master the NHL. And i still did a good job with what we had. Unfortunately its over and its happened and @matthuot87 feel free to apply for LG ownership never know what could happen but tbh VG i dont think translates to LG because you guys have no position lock but this isnt really a conversation for this thread.

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny