A Scrubba Dub Dub: week 4 scrub hunter watch & team power ranking

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by memphisonfire, Nov 10, 2018.

?

What week is the ideal firesale week for losing teams?

1. Week 4

18.8%
  2. Week 5

43.8%
  3. Week 6

37.5%
  4. Any other week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    The season is starting to heat up now. The top teams are rising above the others showing who the feared teams are in each division. We're also starting to get a clearer picture of which teams will be making a push for playoffs and others that will be having clearance sales here shortly if they haven't started already. This does raise an interesting question though: when is it time to rebuild?

Realistically speaking, we're only 36-37 games into this season which leaves us just under the halfway point of the 82 game trek. We've seen teams do little mini rebuilds already this season but I would almost call those more re-tooling periods versus a full blown rebuild. I know last season with the Reign we stared off with one of the shittiest week 1's you could possibly have going 0-7-2 but we were able to sort of right the ship in the following weeks to actually be somewhat competitive and were actually in contention for the 4th seed in the Pacific for a bit. It was after week 5 when we really sort of called it in. We still wanted to compete but knew we had no chance for that season and started looking to build for next season. Some would say we started doing that too late others would argue too early but regardless its in the past now.

The thing that has always intrigued me in those kind of situations is the mindset of both players and managers on those teams. As a manager, I always want to feel like we have a chance and always have that mindset with my team. Even if we're not in contention I want my teams to play spoiler, to topple some top teams and make it difficult for other teams to get in but there are other mindsets out there as well. Some managers would rather just tank it and trade away all their good players for players that just want to fill in and get a shot. Both thought processes have their own pros and cons but where I get lost is in the players mindset at times. You see it almost every season where a good player on a bad team wants to be rescued by a playoff team or that they hate being with their losing team and quit. It's sad really because some of these guys are really good players that just had some bad luck with their teams where as others just have too big of an ego and think they're greater then they are.

Now, I'm sure you're wondering where is all this rebuild talk and everything going. What is this leading up to? I thought this was supposed to be the scrub hunt article where we just shit on people in the comments for playing weak teams. Well the bridge here is that sometimes you start to see good players lower themselves to scrub hunting when they're stuck in bad situations simply because they care more about their stats at that point. I mean if the team has nothing else to play for might as well play for yourself right? So at this point of the season we are starting to see some names on here rather consistently. Sure, some of these guys are playing 3rd line on good teams because lets face it a 3rd liner on a good team is probably a 1st or 2nd liner on a bad team. Anyway, that was all just an interesting thought process that I had going into this weeks article. Without any more digressing here's this weeks power rankings.

[​IMG]

The Rampage are holding on to the top spot for the second week in a row and their ELO is now 104 points higher then Springfield at #2 so they are by far looking like the strongest team at this point. Back to back strong weeks for the Comets and Reign have put them in the next spots in the ranking with Chicago and Charlotte following them after having a mini bounce back week. Fun little fact here, the top 4 teams (Rampage, T-birds, Comets, and Reign) are all over 2100 points and the Reign are 39 points ahead of the Wolves who are in 5th (just so you all know the max a team can lose are gain from a single game is 32 points and as of right now if the Wild beat the Rampage that would only be a 30 point change).

Our big losers ranking wise this week would be Laval who dropped from 5th in weeks 2 and 3 to 14th after a rough 3-6 week which saw them being upset by the Admirals and the Griffins. Belleville also dropped 8th to 13th after a 4-5 week. Our biggest climber was Charlotte who went from 17th to 6th after going 7-2 this past week and winning 8 of their last 10. Other notables things on the list are that the Griffins, Admirals, and Wild are now the only teams below 1900 on the list and the Wild being the only team below 1800. The Wild have currently gone back America's roots (1776) to try and start a revolution and try to make a comeback through the promotion of peace (peacekeeper that is more specifically). Anyway, enough chit chat on the teams we want the lineup so here are this week's usual suspects.

10. Pawdiddy - Manitoba
    Season Stats: 8-4-0, 23 pts (9 G, 14 A) +2
    Overall Scrub Score: 1969

9. Lunchboxhero_ - San Antonio
    Season Stats: 10-1-1, 16 pts (2 G, 14 A) +23
    Overall Scrub Score: 1968

8. TOROK15 - Ontario
    Season Stats: 8-1-1, 23 pts (12 G, 11 A) +9
    Overall Scrub Score: 1966

7. FilthyPuck97 - Springfield
    Season Stats: 11-1-0, 36 pts (16 G, 20 A) +21
    Overall Scrub Score: 1963

6. Mtl-Cor - Colorado
    Season Stats: 8-3-1, 26 pts (16 G, 10 A) +4
    Overall Scrub Score: 1960

5. GZUS19 - Wilkes-Barre
    Season Stats: 8-4-0, 23 pts (8 G, 15 A) +8
    Overall Scrub Score: 1959

4. BennettX96 - Wilkes-Barre
    Season Stats: 8-4-0, 30 pts (16 G, 14 A) +8
    Overall Scrub Score: 1959

3. Degraves5 - Bakersfield
    Season Stats: 8-3-1, 33 pts (15 G, 18 A) +7
    Overall Scrub Score: 1957

2. roscoclibbins - Milwaukee
    Season Stats: 9-3-0, 14 pts (0 G, 14 A) +13
    Overall Scrub Score: 1950

1. Crippin_Allday - Colorado
    Season Stats: 6-2-0, 14 pts (7 G, 7 A) +5
    Overall Scrub Score: 1937

That's all for this week. Please be sure to tip your waitress and leave a bashing comment in the replies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    memphisonfirex
  2. Jobi Wan 4

Jobi Wan 4 Warning Group

Discord:
    jobiwan4#0
    Ratings:
    +388 / 12 / -20
    shocked with number 3

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. erinssilence

erinssilence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +709 / 28 / -83
    Damn I should've used that to make a Buzzfeed like title to clickbait everyone to come read this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    memphisonfirex