Please Vote! A Very Moronic Round 1 Preview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by FrenchMoron, Dec 13, 2019.

1. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Hey guys,

Your favorite moron back at it with another writeup. This time I'll give my opinion on how Round 1 might/should go down. Feel free to comment, but definitely give it a rating otherwise I hate you. I hate you anyways but I'll hate you a little more if you don't. So let's get into it.

Western Pacific

Colorado Eagles (1) :team625: vs Palm Springs Firebirds (4) :sadegg:

Well, if Colorado loses this one... Might as well give up the whole LG thing @Dunks
    Not tryna hit on PSF too hard, but from top to bottom there is literally no advantage going the way of PSF. They're basically here because SJB, BAK and SD wanted it less than them. If this series goes anything over 5 games I'll be surprised.

COL in 4.

Tuscon Roadrunners (2) :team618: vs Ontario Reign (3) :team517:

Man this might be the best matchup of round 1. 2 teams who I think started off slow and didn't get the respect they deserved because of it. @Vaynx might be the best Goalie in the AHL, and I'm not saying that because I drafted him, but because after seeing my team (+ @F0G 19) struggle to score for 4 periods because the kid is a freak. TUC isn't known for their scoring abilities, but they are a tough matchup regardless of who they are playing. ONT had a bunch or guys that aren't super well known, but @RyBish33 is pretty much @DEC3PTIVE 1 2nd coming. This should be a fun one. I believe ONT's offense if a bit better.

I got ONT in 7.

Western Central

Milwaukee Admirals (1):team390: vs Grand Rapids Griffins (4) :team299:

As much as I'd like for my last writeup prediction to be true, I still think Milwaukee makes it out of the first round. GRG has been a roller coaster emotionally. Playoffs @Neil x 25 is a thing though so I do believe GRG snags a couple W's. But MIL's depth comes out on top in this one.

MIL in 6.

San Antonio Rampage (2) :team363: vs Manitoba Moose (3) :team307:

Well not to ruin to whole Anonymous part of @Neil x 25 's writeup earlier this season, but I was the one to say the Rampage was the team out of a Playoff Spot that was most likely to make a splash. Here we are after Week 9, they are now 2nd in the division and @SouPerSaiyan and @skyre5 scrubhunted their way back to the top of the League Leaders. But the team also started winning games. On the other side, a star-studded management team, but an inconsistent rest of the team has lead this team to drop to 3rd in the division. Probably would have fell off to 4th if it wasn't for GRG being a complete dumpster fire and IOW getting fucked in the ass by a NHL management team that couldn't handle the fact they are both average AHLers. Thanks @Papa Adams and @Provorov x 9. Could be a tough series, but I think SA is clicking more right now and has the better G7 in my opinion.

SA in 6.

Eastern North

Binghampton Devils (1) :team303: vs Utica Comets (4) :team410:

Utica is hyped up now that they were gifted @lNezzyl , a now 2 full-season NHLer and @Im Gods Jesus by their NHL team after they got eliminated and @Fxwst quit like the bitch he is.. Is @Williams x12x gonna win his first AHL playoff game? Are any games going to OT? That might be an issue for BNG. I still believe BNG is underrated and the chemistry that they have is gonna come out on top. UTI might have the edge if it goes to 7.

BNG in 6.

Rochester Americans (2) :team312: vs Toronto Marlies (3) :team298:

I am about to get roasted for this, but I don't really care. I stand by what i said earlier. Toronto is the most underrated team going into playoffs. @hutch2323 @flyers2844 and @REX9277 are tough to play against and should prove it in this series. If Toronto doesn't fuck up the matchups. I think this series could end in 5, but I see them winning it in 6. Lotta people talking about the Back to Back Champs Management Team going for a trilogy, but I just don't think they see the same success in NHL 20 unfortunately.

TOR in 6.

Eastern Atlantic

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (1) :team315: vs Pro.. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (4)

Well well well, @Broomball16 was ohhhhh so close to making it. Even after taking a FF searching for a minute. If only @DANGLES0N could win a game against half decent defensemen... But nope. 5 wins in 2 weeks leads to a LHV squad who wasn't so hot either gaining 4 points and a playoffs spot on PRO. You truly hate to see it. That being said, BRP also seems a little bit in shambles. @Kiroxy4320 the G7 Center himself isn't even on the roster anymore. Team lost what was probably a season high amount of games in Week 9 but still wins the Division. I believe BRP still wins the series, but not as easily as people may think. This one goes 7.

BRP in 7.

Charlotte Checkers (2) :team393: vs Wilkes-Barrie Scranton Penguins (3) :team301:

FUCK. Literally fucking hate this matchup. Yes we are 4-0 against them this season, but it's still the one team I didn't want to faceoff with in Round 1. I still think we win this, but unlike 80% of the people thinking we win this in 5 or less, I believe we grind it out and win it in 6 or 7. Kinda wish we choke and I can go through the holidays not thinking about LG. Yes I do live for it. Please call me out for it.

CHA in 6.

This covers it all for me. Hope you enjoyed. Actually I don't really care, but someone had to post something.

Best of luck to everyone.

Moron

• Like x 13
    • Winner x 8
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    PLAYOFF NEIL

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Krvstoffer
  3. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Colorado Eagles (1) :team625: vs Palm Springs Firebirds (4) :sadegg:

Eagles in 6

Tuscon Roadrunners (2) :team618: vs Ontario Reign (3) :team517:

reign in 5

Milwaukee Admirals (1):team390: vs Grand Rapids Griffins (4) :team299:

Admirals in 4

Binghampton Devils (1) :team303: vs Utica Comets (4) :team410:

Devils in 5

Rochester Americans (2) :team312: vs Toronto Marlies (3) :team298:

Americans in 7

Bridgeport Sound Tigers (1) :team315: vs Pro..Lehigh Valley Phantoms (4)

BPT in 6

Charlotte Checkers (2) :team393: vs Wilkes-Barrie Scranton Penguins (3) :team301:

Charlotte in 4

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Grandpa Jagr

Grandpa Jagr Oof

Discord:
    grandpajagr#0
    Ratings:
    +670 / 61 / -60
    Go team!!!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 118 / -116
    Awesome stuff @FrenchMoron love the write ups lol. Currently doing mine as well

• Like Like x 1
    the717clutch
  6. Saquon

Saquon Gag On It

Discord:
    saquon.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,171 / 110 / -135
    Stars in 0

• Useful Useful x 1
    simpism
  7. FrenchMoron