After playing MVP Baseball 2004

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by striker3771, Mar 9, 2004.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL DeNMaN, I bet they absolutely crushed you with the softballs you were throwing.

It's not like a kick meter in football, you gotta hold it down until it reaches 100%, release, then tap it when it comes back down to the green section, but I guess you know that by now ;)

The pitching/batting/fielding tutorials are must-watch videos for sure, lots of good info in there.

No Streaming Account
  2. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, game 1 I played through 2 innings and the score was 20-0, lol

But that is what I get for jumping right in the game and not looking over any tutorials.

Game 2 on the other hand was 1-0 after 13 Innings.

So I think I will go look at the tutorials next time I start it up.

No Streaming Account
  3. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a great game! I can already imagine how mediocre ESPN and ASB will be. Hopefully not but damn MVP is a blast. If ESPN or ASB is anything close to MVP we will have a hell of a season. 8) I played 2 games last night with the Cards. Lost 5-0 to the Marlins and 2-0 to the Brewers. :cry: I'm having a hard time timing my swing. Once I get that down I should be cruising.

No Streaming Account
  4. Longshot9

Longshot9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I went out and bought it on wed. night also, great game, I really like it. Only played it for about 45mins., that included quickly checking out the options, 2 HR derbys (which a fuckin sucked at!!, at one point the AAA player I was using Nevin against had 4,000+ points and I had 0! Couldn't get the timing down, kept fouling everything off right, only hit like 2 hr's, and that was on the rookie level, like I said, I SUCK at baseball games, the pitches just come in too quick for me to make up my mind where to swing and when to press the button)... and played 3 innings of an exhibition game which the score was 2-1 (I was losing). But all in all, very fun, stadiums look great, some of the players are kinda scary looking though, but I guess that's the same in any baseball game. I would recommend it if you've got the money and don't mind offline play (to me that's where the fun is, until they create full trackable leagues online).

No Streaming Account