ANOTHER GREAT DAY OF HALO

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by nosice, Nov 11, 2004.

1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ANOTHER GREAT DAY OF

I got on last night late and played with connor, tris, army, windless, baseline, to name a few and even though i was usually on the bottom of the leaderboard i was still having fun and enjoying every minute..

I Know there's frustration and honestly it could run you ragged if you're not doing well.. I remember when playing Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast first came out and i felt i was getting owned every single round but it finally came around where i could hold my own... Alot of it is technique and alot of its aim and know how... I mean even in Hockey this year, I got worried that i couldnt games that i played them all so fast rather than learning the game... Here lately (except for windless games..lol) ive been able to stay close when some and only lose by 1 .. i which i think so far is a great achievement when i was getting blown out 8-1 7-0 6-0...

Last night i felt like i was hitting people but i couldnt get them to fall, But when i really analyzed what i was doing i realize i was tryign to hit them in their chest....lol..

Im just tryign to say that if you play enough it will come around...

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the words of encouragement nosice. I really felt frustrated because I would empty clips into people, double wielding even at times, and they're still running around. I'd get hit and within a couple seconds I'm dead. At least that's the way it seemed to me. There were a couple games last night that I do fairly well in. If I can get more kills than deaths I really feel like I've accomplished something.

No Streaming Account
  3. BaselineBruiser

BaselineBruiser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was a very fun night. i placed 2nd a lot and could not break through. most of our matches was close which made it a good time.
    you have to keep playing and you will get better (yes maybe even you windless :D )
    it took me a little while to get really good at halo 1 and i am sure the same willl happen with halo 2.
    by the way good job last night tris.

No Streaming Account
  4. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey I can sympathize with you guys. :( If Tris is in the room he just wipes me out within seconds and I never seem to bring him down. He seems to have a great handle on all aspects of the game so far. (maybe because he has been playing it for a while)

But later on I played with Kev, TMG, Paper, Socal, and Kev's brother, and actually held my own and had more deaths than kills and actually great stats on some ocasions. So maybe its coming along for me. I know on Capture the flag its hard sometimes to get people to work together instead of going off on their own but when we were finally able to get some communication going as to who is guarding having one use the ghost to cover the flag carrier on a certain map and such we actually started meeting the objective instead of everyone going and doing their own thing trying to rack up kills. That is when it gets fun to me.

So I am off today and hope to get online most of the day to learn the modes and maps and where all the goodies such as upgraded weapons are.

No Streaming Account
  5. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya that was some good 3 v 3 ctf

No Streaming Account
  6. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes it was Kev, Thanks for the games, probably the most fun I have had yet. Helped me to learn some of the maps without getting killed so fast. And, playing with a great group of guys makes all the difference.

No Streaming Account
  7. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I'm having a blast playing the game, it never gets dull, even if you are the worst player in the Room. :(

But I did get 1 flag. :D

No Streaming Account
  8. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I not very good and it is obvious, but I still have fun. I never really been a big fan of FPS so this is a new avenue for me. I have never really been bad at any games and now this is really humbling experience. I said hockey was my humbler but now I am actually beating people so now I am have way decent in that game. So I guess Halo is my humbler but I accept that and look forward to playing or dying :twisted: all day today. When some get on IM me, :wink:

No Streaming Account
  9. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm off until Monday so I'm hoping to get some games in with you guys. I got your invite this morning when I woke up windless. :wink: I'll have my boys online with me today. They loved Halo and are pretty excited about playing Halo 2 on Live. They wanted to know if we could play against more than 3 people which is what we did with Halo. I said there'll be more than 3 people and we'll die a lot quicker. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  10. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your voice mask was hilarious lol, I couldn't stop laughing.

As for you being the worst player in the room...if you go by the medals...the yes, unfortunately you were with 1.

It was very fun playing that CTF though, except for having PAPER shoot at you with the Ghost though when he was following the flag carrier. I couldn't seem to get him out of it though.

No Streaming Account
  11. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya that was a fun map

No Streaming Account
  12. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think by far Hockey really had me wanting to REALLY throw things..lol. But it has been a good lesson on the "learning curve"...

yeah i felt that way too but like i said we have to go around that "curve" to be good ... I remember Shooting MNOFSTEEL34, he kept coming up the mountain and he just WOULD NOT GO down... he just kept coming up finally I Charged down the mountain at him and melee-d him.. I laughed ...But that whole fight was very dissatisfying.. we were there and nobody was dying .. HOPEFULLY WITH TIME it will come around...

Yeah Tris right now is a beast... I killed him maybe 5 times out of the 50 fights we had...and alot of time being killed in disgrace (withthe sword)..lol But all 5 I felt were great achievements.. :p

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some of that has to do with aiming, which gets better with time. However, it could have to do with a difference in your overshield level, or he was using stronger weapons, or maybe someone else was firing at you from a distance (enemy or teammate trying to kill MNOFSTEEL w/ you).

When I'm going one on one with someone, I usually try and soften them up first with some grenades to get that sheild down. Then I do the dance as we fire at each other, but a good way to get kills while the other guy is reloading or his plasma weapon is cooling, is a melee attack. Just pistol whip them to death, works very well.

No Streaming Account