Auction House

Discussion in 'Forza' started by jujimum, May 10, 2007.

1. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Army, even if you end up sucking at this game, there's still reason to buy it. While it ain't no Photoshop, you can create some awesome car graphics.

In Forza 2 you can auction them off to the Live community for "in-game cash". I remember when the 360 was first being talked about that we should've been able to sell these for MS Points. That would be awesome but probably a little ways off. Anyway, here's the link:

http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions/

Here are a couple I made in Forza 1 which pale in comparison to others I've seen. It's amazing what you can create with pre-determined shapes :shock: :

The Nightmare Before Christmas was actually someone else's idea. I only did it to see if it could be done:
    [​IMG]

This is a quick St. Louis skyline one:
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that's pretty awesome. But how do you load the images into the game to use? Surely those in your pics weren't already available. Anyway, I think I'll get it from GameFly first before committing to buying it. Instead of racing, I might wind up spending most of my time in the body shop!

Last edited: May 11, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  3. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Juji can probably explain it better to you, but they are a bunch of different shapes in the game and you pretty much have to alter them to get what you want. There's thousands of layers you can use.

No Streaming Account
  4. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, lilheavy is right on and there is a lot to it. The predetermined shapes can be altered on X and Y axis. Some of the shapes were stars, half moons, check marks, lightning bolts, and various other shapes. In the images I posted above, you can see some of the shapes (not a big variety). Each shape was a layer and in Forza one you could only have 100 layers.

Once you chose a layer/shape, you then had four options of manipulating that layer/shape. They were Move, Size, Spin, Tilt. I think they are pretty self explanatory but again, you adjusted everything on an X and/or Y axis. Adjust a cirlce's tilt on only it's Y axis and you get an oval.

Anyway, it goes much deeper than that and truly is amazing what you can make only using shapes. You have to think outside of drawing. What I'd do is print a picture and the break it down into shapes on the paper by drawing shapes. Then filling the gaps with the rest.

Some people did figure out a way to make some awesome cars by using a modded Xbox and downloading pictures to the game (so to speak). I believe a patch fixed that though.

Check out this site for some AMAZING paint jobs and remember it's all done by manipulating shapes I use to visit this site constantly (several times a day just to see what was new and get some ideas). Sorry, most of the image links are dead so you may need to look at more than just one page to get the idea of the power behind this tool:

http://www.tabwin.com/forza2.htm

No Streaming Account
  5. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you made Stewie Griffith by strategically placing shapes like circles and squares together? That's CRAZY and very impressive.

No Streaming Account
  6. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Griffin, not Griffith

No Streaming Account
  7. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, yeah ,yeah. Bite me.

No Streaming Account
  8. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So its kind of like MotoGP? I remember when I played the crap out of that game over at planetMGP.com. I created the Mt Dew logo on my bike, was very hard to do though!

Gajeske85
  9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well alright, but I'll need a bunch of tequila and you'll need to wear the Cowboys cheerleader outfit like that guy in the picture.

No Streaming Account
  10. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't want you drunk around my sexy ass. It'll start with a bite then you'll want something more. LOL

No Streaming Account
  11. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you could never say the words "drunk", "sexy", "ass" and "more" in the same thought again that would be great. I'll admit though, I took it too far.

No Streaming Account
  12. ExArmySgt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL. Fair enough.

No Streaming Account