Bidding/Draft Info & Pittsburgh Scouting Showcase

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by frostx17, Sep 14, 2016.

1. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    *** Our pens tournament prize will consist of 10,000 HUT coins to each member of winning team, and one Hero card from my HUT team ***

Hey everyone!

It's that time of year again where teams are shuffled, and new faces enter the organization. Whether you are returning player, or a new guy looking to get your name out there, it is always good to try and get games in with management of an NHL team to be noticed. Too many times do I see in the chatbox "bid on me because..." during bidding, when the reality is most teams already know who they are going for. Trying to find a team DURING bid week will ultimately land you in the CHL. Good teams prepare, and preparation is done before it comes time to click buttons.

Things to be aware of if you do not have a team:
    • Don't trust a guy who tells you "I am going to pick you up, lay low". Plans change all the time, and if you want to make it in this league, you need to get your name out there. I see this happen all the time, and it will more than likely happen again. Take it from experience, and get your name out there.
    • Rosters are 17 men deep, and most have returning players. You have to realize if you are new to 6's that you will more than likely pay your dues in a lower league before having a shot in the NHL. Doing what is asked of you, being a utility guy at any position when guys need one, ECU in season when one is needed, and playing with management from NHL teams is a good way to start the journey to the big leagues.
    • Just because you played on (or were picked up by) a bad team last season doesn't mean you won't be on a good one the next. Rosters flip fast in LG. A team that finishes at the bottom has just as much of a shot at the cup as the last seasons Cup winner. Give your team a chance before acting too good for the guys who got you. They obviously think you will help them win, or they wouldn't have got you to begin with.
    • Most NHL organizations are looking for chemistry guys. People who can step in, and instantly click are going to be picked before those who cannot adapt to those around them. Check the ego at the door because in reality no team HAS to pick you.
    • Seek out management before bidding. Maybe you recognize people on certain rosters that you would like to play with. Message those owners, and try to get games in with them. Realize that playoff teams are going to be substantially harder to get on because everyone wants to play there. If you are serious about getting to the NHL level, find weaker teams and show you can add value to help them win. It is the faster way to get in the league.
    • For me, I like finding guys who have another buddy that plays well with them. It is easier to build a line around two, than just one. If you have someone you play well with, approach the tryouts as a package.
    • Just because a scouting game may end poorly, doesn't mean the team will be bad as well. Some people judge a team off these lobby games, and quite frankly isn't the best way to judge a team. Don't give up on someone when they are just shuffling lines to see as many people as possible. If you are in my games, show you can play more than one position, because if you can "only wear the red hat" in every single game, you won't be looked at long. Lines during the season shuffle based on availability, and if you don't have utility guys, you will get fucked.
    Having said all of this, Pittsburgh Penguins are going to do our first annual scouting tournament where 4 guys will pick teams, and play a round robin/playoff tournament with the guys on our roster. We may switch them up during games if they are unbalanced, or want to see something different, but for the most part you will play with your team. These games for our tourney are going to be played during normal LG times (because we obviously play games these times... if you can't make them in scouting, you wont make them in season). We will have some sort of reward for the winning team, but that has yet to be decided.

To do this We will need minimum of 32 people interested. If we get enough to add another team, we may do that as well. I will track stats by myself over the 5-10 games we play. The Pens finished strong last season (finished in a three way tie for division with 101 points), and had an unfortunate exit to a good Carolina team. Myself and @NeutralityEleven switched to PS4 from Xbox right before season, and didn't really know the community base that well. Fast forward 7 mos, and we know quite a few more people today than before (hopefully should make bidding easier). We don't know everyone, however, and want to use this as a way to get to know people. I always pay attention in club as well when we play late at night, so I will take into consideration games against you in there as well.

So if you are interested in playing in this tourney, please post below with your positions (see what i did there), psn name, LG status (we will use this for our AHL guys as well to see people), and weekly availability for the season. I will get back with you as we get closer to holding this tournament, but this will be your mode of entry! Please follow directions, as comprehension is a major factor in selecting guys for our team. If you cannot read and follow directions, you probably won't be considered for the team lmao. Post your entry in the below format (copy and paste):

Pittsburgh Scouting Showcase

Position (primary):
    Position (secondary):
    Handedness:
    LG Status (Vet, Amateur, Prospect):
    Season 3 Availability:

Season 3 Pens Management:

Owner: @NeutralityEleven
    GM: @NH4JP
    AGM: @frostx17

I will contact you when it is time to run this. Please post any questions in this thread. Start date is tentative on players interested. Probably try to do this the last week of the month before bidding starts.

Thanks!

Frost

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    frostx7
  2. Lions67

Lions67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -4
    That had to be one of the best, if not THE best outline I have read yet!
    Great job with that Frost!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. troublekid1999

troublekid1999 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1
    If i signed up on the other one do I have to here aswell. If yes than
    Position(primary ) LW
    Position(seconday): RW
    Handedness: Right
    LG Status: Amateur
    S3 Availability : anytime you need me

No Streaming Account
  4. mgml1987

mgml1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 3 / -2
    Position (primary): LD
    Position (secondary): RD
    Handedness: LD - Righty / RD - Lefty
    LG Status (Vet, Amateur, Prospect): Amateur
    Season 3 Availability: Full availability

No Streaming Account
  5. Studs-7

Studs-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    кяанишщтюсрплчшкывещ#8820
    Ratings:
    +163 / 15 / -20
    Position (primary):LW
    Position (secondary):LW
    Handedness:Right
    LG Status (Vet, Amateur, Prospect):Vet
    Season 3 Availability: 3 nights

No Streaming Account
  6. Painfullyslain

Painfullyslain Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 2 / -1
    Position (primary): Goalie
    Position (secondary): Right Wing
    Handedness: Left
    Season 3 Availability: Every Night

No Streaming Account
  7. GiG3Lu

GiG3Lu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Position (primary): RD
    Position (secondary): LD
    Handedness: LD - Right / RD - Left
    Season 3 Availability: Anytime

No Streaming Account
  8. M-L-N83

M-L-N83 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    M-L-N83#0360
    Ratings:
    +130 / 3 / -23
    Position (primary): LW
    Position (secondary): RW
    Handedness: Right
    Season 3 Availability: Most games. I work shift work, so there will be the odd game night that I am unavailable. Hasn't been a problem in the last 2 seasons, so I don't foresee it being one this season.

No Streaming Account
  9. OffspringElement

OffspringElement Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    Position (Primary): LD
    Position (Secondary): RD
    Handedness (Right)
    LG Status (Amateur, Veteran, Prospect): Amateur.
    Season 3 Availability: Full Availability.

No Streaming Account
  10. double7brad_

double7brad_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 37 / -55
    Primary- RW
    Secondary- LW/C
    Handedness- L
    LG Status- Amateur S3
    S3 Availability- anytime

No Streaming Account