Charlotte Checkers vs Providence Bruins Handshake Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Val The Rat, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Val The Rat

Val The Rat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 3 / -10
    Congratulations to @skyre5 @The Broche and @RiCo505 on building an amazing team. It's not hard to believe a team like that won the Presidents trophy and you'll be a tough team to beat. Thanks for the close games all series long - was a lot of fun. Sorry for ramming you in overtime @xAKUx Reaper , I hope your guys okay cause it looked really serious!!!!

Now for my fellow Rat Pack. Honestly, thanks for being a part of this with @lxChowder71xl @ScheckDiesel and I. You guys were exactly the kind of group we aimed to build. From the incredibly stupid memes to making fun of each other any chance you got, it was a pleasure being your GM. Thanks @JClaus33 and the ghost of @FrenchMoron for showing us the ropes on our first season managing.

@Doc_Peep - You were an absolute wall for us all season, thanks for never having an ego and always putting the team first.

@KeiranGW - You were almost the one that got away this season, thanks for being my first love and my last. You guys made it impossible to choose who to play cause you took turns carrying the boys.

@ItsJxyDee @BostonDangler21 @xxNYJETSFAN21xx @FlexiblePancake - You guys must of stolen something from an Egyptian Pyramid because I don't know what you did to deserve half the bounces that came your way all season. The third line who never quit and always competed day in and day out. Cheers to you for somehow always taking the hardest 3 games of the week. If only we found that moose a little earlier in the season... ;) (best of luck to @iTzMagic13 in the rest of the playoffs, go win a championship)

@JeFfBdR31 @I Steal Napkins @Chicago Liights @Spices and Herb - For a line that was slapped together at the deadline, you guys went above and beyond. I should probably look into what hand wingers play next time I trade for them cause I have no idea how we ended up with 2 off handed wingers, but you guys made it work. Thanks for being good team players through and through.

@Lucic x 17 - You are legit one of the nicest, most down to earth guys on the site. Thanks for not letting your thumbs get to your head and an even bigger thanks for being there when half our team decided to quit. If you're ever in town, you know where I will be.

@RyBish33 - You were the roots of this team with how much you've done to develop my game from the early CHL days. Some highschool drama never hurt nobody, and I know I can always count on your ass to be there for me. Thanks for everything you brought to the team.

@Tastypeanut 5 - You have been a good buddy of mine for quite some time now and I will never, ever, ever let you sign up as anything, but a goalie. Thanks for the comedic relief you add to my life.

@Baaacks @phiNnyy @Yann x44 - Thanks for all the support, hype and laughs. Hope you guys all enjoy the rest of your summer.

If you made it this far, and you aren't a Charlotte Checker... A) Honestly good job and B) Don't expect this to get any less cheesy.

To finish this off, I want to thank my ride or dies this season.

@Albino Dyslexic - I have seen you go from a CHL TC to a guy that plays in game 7s. You have a heart of gold and you really are a prime example of what this league is all about. Thanks for everything you have done for us, it doesn't go unnoticed and I know I will be seeing you in the future.

@BreakIn3 2 1 - Hold on a second, just have to let this car g- VRROOOOOOOOMBANGVrOOOOM*. Another prime example of an absolute team player. You never complained, never bitched, just continued to improve and I respect the shit out of you. Hope to see you around man, has been a pleasure. #NotAGame7Dman

@ScheckDiesel - You came in like a wrecking ball right when I needed you most. Without you, I truly do not believe I could survive through the trade deadline. Thank you for being my number 1 grass and weed supplier in Grounded. Your ability to listen with both ears and give feedback from the heart is something that you don't see often. Been a pleasure sharing the season with you man. Once again, I hope to see you around.

And last but not least, my sweet sweet @lxChowder71xl

If you thought this post was a big build up to me asking you to Prom... Think again. I dance alone. But in all seriousness, you are the most humble and driven guy I have ever met. I respect the time and effort that you drained into this with me and we almost made something happen. I can't help but feel like we had more, but I guess this season wasn't for us. I look forward to hopefully taking on actual life with you one day, cause truthfully - you have developed into one of my closest friends. Thanks for everything.

Sorry for the long read, but I had to make my rounds. Thanks to everyone that made this season one to remember and thanks for following me blindly. You guys will forever be my special rats.

Much love,

Your friendly neighborhood Rat <3

• Winner Winner x 24
    • Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. xxNYJETSFAN21xx

xxNYJETSFAN21xx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xxNYJETSFAN21xx#1354
    Ratings:
    +206 / 12 / -32
    Rat ❤️

• Winner Winner x 2
    kingblenkle
  3. xxNYJETSFAN21xx

xxNYJETSFAN21xx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xxNYJETSFAN21xx#1354
    Ratings:
    +206 / 12 / -32
    Also congrats to the Bruins on a fun series and letting my line finally win a game. GL the rest of the way, go get that Calder.

• Winner Winner x 2
    kingblenkle
  4. Tastypeanut 5

Tastypeanut 5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -28
    So where's the s37 scouting discord? I think that's the only part you forgot to mention

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Keirdust

Keirdust Well-Known Member

Discord:
    keirdust#0
    Ratings:
    +367 / 9 / -33
    Thanks for everything Val! One of the best guys I’ve met on this site. And thank you for the great season Checkers. Best of luck to you Providence, you guys played a hell of a series, wild all the way til the end! ggs

• Winner Winner x 1
    KeiranGW
  6. Albino Dyslexic

Albino Dyslexic Well-Known Member

Discord:
    albinodyslexic#0
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -2
    Congrats to Providence. If anybody needs a PR guy, I’ll send you my resume. Thanks for a great season.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I'm ugly crying.

Congratulations on a 100-point, 2nd Round reaching, all while losing almost a full line and 2/3 of your biggest contracts for basically nothing, season.

Couldn't have asked for a better management group to keep the Checkers moving in the right direction. @Val The Rat @lxChowder71xl @ScheckDiesel

Also, @JxyDee-_ your new tag is ugly, but to me you're the best member this community has. Heart of gold, positivity through the roof, will willingly play on a 3rd line all while having what it takes to be on a Game 7 lineup. Gems like you don't come around often and I'm glad my young pups got the chance to have you for an extra season. Good luck with the pregnancy. Love you dude.

Best of luck to the Bruins. Fuck Moist still.

• Winner Winner x 5
    No Streaming Account
  8. lxChowder71xl

lxChowder71xl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lxchowder71xl#0
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ugh, @Val The Rat you know how I feel about you brother, wouldn’t have wanted to do it with anybody else! Thanks to all of our Checkers for an amazing season and it was a pleasure getting to play with and getting to know all of you!

Congrats to Providence on building such a talented group, it was great battling you guys til the very end!

Best of luck to everybody going forward!

• Winner Winner x 2
    lxchowder71xl
  9. Spices and Herb

Spices and Herb S37 Oshawa Generals AGM

Discord:
    Spices and Herb#9559
    Ratings:
    +300 / 5 / -25
    Congrats Bruins & thanks for the strong finish to the season you beautiful rat pack crew

• Winner Winner x 1
    spicesnherb
  10. Baaacks

Baaacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -37
    Love you guys

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. BlueDevs9

BlueDevs9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 4 / -16
    Great game Charlotte you guys really stepped up this series, made it real sweaty for us. @Val The Rat Always really close games when we play.
    Cheers
    See ya next season.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Big-Lizzo-69

Big-Lizzo-69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    rico505#5270
    Ratings:
    +134 / 4 / -21
    Great series Val and company you guys had us on our heels the whole series. Some really sweaty games and a ridiculous back and forth series. You guys are a great team nothing but respect in your future LG careers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    rico505
  13. Pearsyyx

Pearsyyx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Great series boys

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 119 / -116
    "I look forward to hopefully taking on actual life with you one day, cause truthfully - you have developed into one of my closest friends. Thanks for everything."

Is this part of you and chowders wedding vows or what......:thinking::confused:o_O

Great series tho guys, couldn't watch much since i been working all week. Glad to see skyre didn't have to play to stay alive and choke again. Playoff hockey though, that's what its all about boys. Goodluck in the next round Bruins!
    Great 1st season as mgmt tho @Val The Rat chin up, you'll be back xoxo

• Winner Winner x 2
    the717clutch
  15. xAKUx Reaper

xAKUx Reaper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    awfulreaper#0
    Ratings:
    +147 / 5 / -7
    @Val The Rat I'll never be the same player again, season ending injury. In all seriousness, that play hurt me. I'd have rather it been different circumstances, you guys deserved that. Hard fought series, much respect to your entire team. Thanks for taking my virginity on such a rough play, best of luck to everyone in the future and congratulations on a great season!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. RyBish33

RyBish33 Left Defense #33

Discord:
    RyBish33#1772
    Ratings:
    +287 / 16 / -25
    Great season Providence! Bunch of maniac studs over there.

Val, Chow and co, thanks for onboarding this complete loser at the end of the season love you guys.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    rybish33
  17. JxyDee_-

JxyDee_- iTsKingJayDee

Discord:
    JxyDee_-#2411
    Ratings:
    +204 / 7 / -8
    Great series fellas, you guys built a 3 headed monster. Any line could’ve been a game 7 line. Close games all series. Nice comeback down 3-1. Nobody gave us a chance in this series, and we just about stole it. Most hype series I’ve been apart of in my lustrous LG career. Good luck moving forward Bruins.

• Winner Winner x 2
    ItsJxyDee
  18. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    Congrats on the season, and what a series. This is what a handshake thread is all about. Showing respect to your team, and being humble when losing. Kisses,

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Lucic x 17

Lucic x 17 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 9 / -4
    Thank you for the nice words Val. good series Providence

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. BostonDangler21

BostonDangler21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    Great series P Bruins. Enjoyed getting sweaty one last time this season.

Val, you an unreal dude. Thanks for having me on the squad, and I look forward to playing with you again.

Cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    bostondangler21