College Football rankings

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by RE1GN, Sep 5, 2004.

1. RE1GN

RE1GN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    College Football ran

After this week of football I think that way more teams have a chance at being the national championship than before the first week started. I wasn't impressed with any of the the teams picked to win it all. Especially USC and my team LSU. USC was lucky to pull off a few big plays at the right times, but with the way the O line and widereceivers played I think they could be in for some trouble against more experienced teams. The same goes for the tigers, they absolutely looked terrible the first half and were brought back in the game by an unexperienced but highly talented redshirt fresh QB(although from what I heard the QB that has been the most prepared didn't even play: Flynn the other QB has looked the best in preseason and seems to grasp the offense the best, but I believe since Russell was the #1 recruit last year Saban doesn't want to discourage him).

Anyway besides the two national champs I don't think any one team really stood out. It should be an interesting year and I think there will be a ton of teams still in the championship race till the end.

What do you college football fans think after eveyone has a game under there belts?

Oh yeah skater I caught a glimpse of your msn name, I think that LSU will be ok and in fact this type of game is exactly what we needed so we could get randall back on the bench where he belongs. We should be ok since we have the two top QB recruits as red shirt freshman.

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think there should be NCAA polls of any kind until around week 4.

Preseason polls based on predicted and past performance are stupid.

No Streaming Account
  3. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    besides we all know whos gonna win it all.................................:nmis:

No Streaming Account
  4. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    USC had a bad first half but played a great second half against V-Tech...but V-tech is a good team....Look at what happened to LSU....They almost lost to a team USC beat last year by 52....LSU didn't deserve to win that game, the OSU kicker lost the game...not OSU as a whole

I still think USC will have a great year and have a shot at a National Championship....But after seeing LSU's performance they'd be lucky to come out of this season with less then 2-3 losses.

No Streaming Account
  5. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    3 reasons why LSU struggled in this game:

1- Wet and sloppy field--Totally cancelled out LSU's speed advantage on both offense and defense.

2-New QB and WR's(except for Skyler Green who wasn't even 100%)

3-First game of the season--Mainly affects my second reason, I expected to see alot of miscues.

Now I do agree that we should have lost that game, but a win is a win and we take them anyway we can get them. LSU won't be lucky to win less than 2-3 games because good ole' Nick Saban will have those guys ready. I guarantee that we will get back to the SEC Championship game. The only road blocks I see from stopping us from repeating as National Champs are UGA and the fact that they took out strength of Schedule of the BCS formula. :?

Damn media poll guys don't give us no respect. :evil:

No Streaming Account
  6. RE1GN

RE1GN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A lot of people have some sort of thinking that last year means something. It's a new year and any wins or losses last year mean nothing now.

I do agree that LSU got lucky, but they also missed two field goals. So it really all depends on the spin you want to put on it. You could also say that the offensive pass interference call against VT was a bad call and had a huge part in losing the game.

No Streaming Account
  7. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe how well Nebraska played. I thought this year they would struggle a bit with the new offense but they seemed to have the engine clicking on all cylinders.

I'm really hoping Missouri holds things together this year, their defense still seems weak though.

No Streaming Account