Complete Crap!

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by Shush, May 18, 2004.

1. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have read the thread and I agree that the rule change should have waited until next season.

The issue I have with your post is that it implies that the end result of this week's match would have been different if the Sat. afternoon room was still included. Sure, it might have been different. The C-Biskits could have tied it up 3-3 and won on the tiebreaker, but the C-Biskits could have easily lost 4-2 instead, of 3-2. It could have gone either way. That's why I think the statement was unnecessary and the only thing it did was discredit the D-Cups victory.

No Streaming Account
  2. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My post implies that the result could have been different. The exact point I was trying to make before this week was even played. If Week 8 had turned out with the Biskits up 3-2 I would be here making the same argument.

No Streaming Account
  3. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to get off-topic (although it may be a good thing...lol), but I really appreciated the forfeit in all of its glorious timing. I hadn't even put the Links disc in my Xbox tray in a couple of weeks leading up to the match, so not having to play our match (and not having the chance to embarass myself) was a very nice treat.

Time for a group hug.

No Streaming Account
  4. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess we'll never know.

No Streaming Account
  5. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Slaphappy, I for one do not feel sorry for you. You have waxed me enough in the past. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  6. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I for one am sick of this "Non participation" talk. If LeagueGaming is going to have ANY credibility going forward we need to lose the dead weight. The people that are signing up for these teams and then not playing should be banned from the site. PERIOD.

Forcing a change in the team format should, in no way be tolerated and the people that are forcing the leagues hand by not owning up to their LG commitment need to go.

:evil:

No Streaming Account
  7. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    MGM

We agree. In regards to how certain individuals have disrupted the league and should be warned & possibly banned.

There is a new council in place that will be addressing these and many other issues at LG.

LG has rules and guidelines, these will be enforced on a case by case basis.

The succses of LG and its leagues depends on it.

No Streaming Account
  8. JAGERBOY

JAGERBOY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well people should also follow the 30 min time frame for team matches. Not post a forfiet score after 19 min. Just my 2 cents. But agree with above quote. :?

No Streaming Account
  9. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jager, I know I probably shouldn't put my 2 cents in on since it didn't happen to me but, I understand your concerns on the 30 min limit if that is truly what happened.

I know I have had to wait up to 30 mins before considering a forfeit post, (which I have never had to do) But normally there is a PM to me or a message on the boards saying so and so will be late, and I wait the 30 mins for them to show. However I know circumstances could arise that may not allow someone to have the luxury for a courtesy post and for that reason alone I would kindly wait the full 30 mins out. anyways.

So, that does seem strange that 19 mins was only granted. Of course I am sure there may be 2 sides to every story.

I guess the bottom line is we have determined that our league rules are mainly "guidlines" (from a previous argument I will not get into) and enforcement is hard to do without bonifide rules in place that are enforced. I understand this is a game and is all for fun, but with competition involved I think "guidlines" need to be changed to enforceable rules. It is very hard to make everyone happy and I think the commishioners/Captains try and do a good job at this however, I don't think it is possible in most cases. You can't make everyone happy, that is why rules should be laid out in advance and enfoced when they are not followed.

I enjoy this league, but don't enjoy the guidlines, rules, or whatever we want to call them being changed during mid-season either. I know what they were when I signed up and I try to abide by them. (If I don't call me on them and bust my chops.) If I don't agree with them mid-stream then I would wait and try and have them changed before the next season, not the current one.

(off soapbox now) Sorry if I unitentionally offended anybody in my rant as I am not trying to point any fingers. I am mainly stating my thoughts on the issue at hand.

No Streaming Account
  10. JAGERBOY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you 100% Kobra. I was just alittle peeved that I rushed home from a double shift to play the match, even though it was going to be a 2 on 1 scenerio, to find that the forfiet score was posted at 12:19am and not the guidline time of 12:30am. I am over it now and will enjy my last match this weekend, and looking forward to season 3 team play. Hopefully any problems will be addressed and rectified before the start of next season. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  11. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jagerboy,

I was not directing my comments at you. You showed up in the allotted time frame. I agree with you. Rules are RULES and they need to be followed or people die :wink:

My rant is directed at the people that sign up for teams then leave the captains hanging when they don't live up to their commitment.

BTW... love the avi.. very clever.

No Streaming Account
  12. JAGERBOY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know MGM..Iwas just blowing off steam. Yeah what happened to Teed off is just plain terrible(the way they lost team members, some with legit reasons and some not!).

Also, thanks for the compliment :oops: :D

No Streaming Account
  13. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jager, this post is for you. First of all...sorry. Troy and I were completely wrong to bail out of the room early, and I'll make no argument contrary to that. We should have continued to wait until the full 30 minutes were up; but with how precious my basement/gaming time has become, it's hard to justify sitting in front of the TV waiting for people who may never show up. If you had pm'd me or Troy earlier in the day to say that you might be late I can 99.9% assure you that we would have gladly waited and/or rescheduled the match. However, we had no idea and just decided if anyone was gonna show up, they probably already would have.

But none of that "rationale" changes the fact that we broke a very well-known rule. So again.....sorry.

My personal opinion is that the rule needs to be changed next season to only allow 10 minutes after a match's scheduled start time. Anything beyond that needs to be resolved through email and/or pm's. Some folks might be able to justify sitting and waiting for that long, but my gaming time is way too valuable to spend it sitting in a lobby for 30 minutes.

Oh, and I also really like your avatar. :D

No Streaming Account
  14. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree that people should try to PM their opponents when coming to a match late, and if they dont then the time limit should be lowered. I've had some matches that I got PM's about starting them late and had no problem with that. It's not really that big of a deal, not to mention a lot of us are worn out on Links from playing it as long as we have, so I dont think anybody really wants to wait around at 12 on a saturday night to get a game in. So it's all good and life will go on :laugh: ....hopefully

No Streaming Account
  15. JAGERBOY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dont worry about it...I should implement the PM message next time...slipped my mind and I was busy at work...:)

No Streaming Account
  16. JAGERBOY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am pretty wore out on it, so Rallysport2..Here I come !!!! :laugh: =P~

No Streaming Account
  17. SlapHappy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's how I've been for quite a while now. I don't have much time to play games, but when I do it's ALL about playing Rallysport 2. =P~

No Streaming Account
  18. JAGERBOY

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love it !! Rockchalkjhawk and I play it quite a bit :p

No Streaming Account
  19. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Slap, you might want to play more because I've won the first two rounds of the BisKit season ;)

Also, we need to play our head-to-head in the BisKits tournament. You'll beat me in that one because I can't race it more than once :twisted:

I want Slap's AVATAR!!

No Streaming Account
  20. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Slap for huuking me up with your prefeshinel avatar mayker.

Tel him/hur I luv it.

No Streaming Account