Congrats to Detroit

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by socalguy, Jun 15, 2004.

1. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, congratulations to the Detroit Pistons. Being a Laker fan, it is tough for me to watch this series, but I am watching it and it is hurting me just watching the Pistons up by 23 lol. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends with a 30-40 point win for Detroit.

MVP of Playoffs to me? I would have to say Rasheed Wallace, and if he doesn't get it, only other option is Ben Wallace. I am predicting it is a Wallace guy. Hey, I have a 1/6 chance of getting it with that statement lol!

As for Payton and Malone, it is too bad that Malone can't win one in his career, will be the best to ever play without winning one. But unfortunately, he will never have one unless he coaches which honestly, I can not see him doing, just not the right type of guy that is all.

As for Gary Payton, he started out doing pretty good early on the season, and has about a good game per every ten to twenty. He just hasn't done anything all playoffs to win it. So, he doesn't deserve it at all, but the Mailman does.

As for Pistons, I hope they return next year as same team, would be a good one, but the Lakers I see some major changes next year. Honestly, Kobe's smartest and best option would be to stay as a Laker for the rest of his career, but we need another good Power Forward.

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MVP of the playoffs could easily go to Rick Hamilton or Billups. It's not going to either wallace.

No Streaming Account
  3. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It may go to Big Ben but I think it will go to Billups.

No Streaming Account
  4. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Rasheed deserved it. So did Ben. MP, without either of those 2 big guys, team would be nowhere!

Larry Brown definetly deserves it more than any of the players.

As for the MVP, I sure wish it would go to the a player on the losing team once in a while, hockey does, Giguere last year...although it is rare. But, in NBA, when was the last time it happened? Duncan, O'Neal (3), Robinson, Jordan (6)

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As for the MVP going to a guy on the losing team.... no one on the Lakers is worthy of a playoff MVP. BTW without Shaq and Kobe the Lakers couldnt compete with a good college team. ;)

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you kidding me MP? They would dominate a good college team. Not like your Spurs could either without Duncan.

As for the Lakers not having anybody worthy? Overall, Shaq had better stats than even Chauncey Billups did for the Pistons. Shaq is definetly worthy of it, and if they would consider him, he would have won it.

No Streaming Account
  7. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where was Shaq games 3 and 5?

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Shaq is a big reason the Lakers lost tonight. Not sure if you were watching bud but the Lakers were up on a roll in the 1st quarter but then dummy Shaq got 2 quick fouls and then had to sit the bench and the Lakers lost all momentum and their lead. Sorry but if your that vital to your team you cant be a big bone head. Shaq is no wear near deserving of playoff MVP.

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you telling me that Duncan wasn't big foul trouble when Lakers beat them? One game he had 3 early on and had to sit out for quite a while which lead to a Lakers lost. Its basketball, fouls happen, but I wish the referrees would call them a little bit more fairly.

As for a bonehead, he is doing better than you....HE IS IN THE NBA AND YOU AREN'T!

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL....you need to get some sleep...little boys like you get cranky when they dont get enough sleep.

No Streaming Account
  11. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you need to get over the fact that your Spurs lost, luck or not on the Lakers behalf. You can't get over it...its been like a month now. I am already over the Lakers losing, just I can't stop posting about you being such a fool about your team.

No Streaming Account
  12. ThEE dArKlOrD

ThEE dArKlOrD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, awesome series for a Piston fan. :p

No Streaming Account
  13. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You got it all wrong.... I'm not sad about the spurs loosing.... im HAPPY about the Lakers getting their asses kicked by a team from the EAST!!!! Might want to pull that rock out of your ass...it will prolly make ya a little less cranky.

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shawn Bradley is also in the NBA....what the hell is your point? Just because your in the NBA doesnt mean your not a bonehead.... LOL

No Streaming Account
  15. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Lakers lost cuz they had no heart, the Pistons just wanted it that much more and it showed in every game. The Lakers just expected to win.

Congrats to the Pistons.

No Streaming Account
  16. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MP, anybody in the NBA is obviously not a bone head. You don't have to be a rocket scientist, but you have to be somewhat smart.

Also, you just can't admit that the Spurs lost, that is your problem. The Lakers? I am already over it, they lost and there is always next season. And as I have said many times but you just can't understand.....the WEST got dominated by the EAST, as the Lakers fought through the western cofnerence playoffs and went on to the finals and got beat.

No Streaming Account
  17. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's no way Shaq should have received any consideration for the MVP(assuming this could happen like in the NHL). Ya he had a couple good games but he didn't have a great game every single time out, if he did then maybe he could have got some consideration. But as it is he only played great for a couple games which isn't enough to win versus a great team like the Pistons.

Man that was a great series by the Pistons and with just about every player coming back again next year they will have a great shot at repeating.

No Streaming Account
  18. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH PISTONS BABY!!!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  19. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Rasheed is a free agent, and the same to Mehmet Okur. Obviously Okur isn't that great of a hit, but he is good, don't get me wrong. But Rasheed would be a much larger loss to the Pistons as a team, and a big set back. I don't see either leaving though, as they won the championship....would you dismantle the team? Although with Rasheed's money, there were talks Okur would have to go if Sheed were to be signed back as he takes up a significant chunk of money towards the sal cap.

No Streaming Account
  20. knuckles523

knuckles523 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Rasheed is back no questions asked, he's not going to take a pay cut in his latter part of his career and plus okur has been quoted to want to go to phoenix.

No Streaming Account