Costy's ECHL Phenom's - Weeks 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming ECHL (LGECHL)' started by ItsCosty, Mar 6, 2024.

?

League Phenom?

1. Rain

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. Scotty

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Badjuju

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. El Capitan

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. Carpy

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Duke

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Webby

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
  8. Packman

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  9. Kxlloway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. FarmerFran

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. Freddy

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. Knights

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  13. Vizions

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  14. Dangle

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  15. Maltese Falcon

6 vote(s)
    9.7%
  16. Pige

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  17. Some Fat Gezer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Smokin

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. ItsCosty

ItsCosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    costy0509#0
    Ratings:
    +161 / 1 / -3
    What's up everyone, I'm taking a shot at some media for the ECHL since there seems to be little to none. I kept it fairly simple this week. I am going to go over each forward position and players who have been "Phenoms" for the week/week's at said positions. I will split it up into both conferences and put some input into each player/team. I'm sorry if I am not familiar with most players, still getting used to all these PSN guys lol. I'll try to keep this going week by week or every 2 weeks to cover more. If not, oh well, suck it up. Once again, these are forwards only. Here we go...

Eastern Forward Phenom's

LW

@RaiN l 87 l :team316:

Posting a 5-0-1 record through his first 6 games, Rain has climbed up the leaderboards as one of the top players in the coast over that span. Leading Left Wingers in points with 22, notching 11 goals and 11 assists, while posting a +15, the Norfolk Admiral has started off hot to begin the season and I do not see him, and his line, slowing down anytime soon. As we are only 2 weeks into the season, Norfolk's success does not only come from Rain and his line. They are posting an outstanding 15-2-0 record and have only allowed 35 goals against. The Admirals have something cooking over there and it's starting to smell really good.

@Scotty I19I :team619:

Next up, Scotty has started the season posting a 5-1-0 record through his first 6 games. Tied for 2nd in points amongst LW's, notching 12 goals and 9 assists with a +15 on top of that, he has had a great start to his season in Adirondack. The Thunder are currently a middle of the pack team, with a record of 9-7-2 and cannot seem to find the back of the net as much as they have liked. As it is still very early in the season, the Thunder are currently on a 3-game losing streak, but I do not see continuing as we enter week 3. If Scotty and his line can continue to have success, the Thunder could be very dangerous if they can get their other guys going.

@Badjuju6969 :team823:

Finishing up the Left Winger's for the east, Juju is yet to lose a game to start the season with a record of 6-0-0. Hopefully I'm not jinxing him with this post but needs the recognition despite not being top 3 in points. That being said, he is posting an impressive 8 goals and 8 assists, while being a +8 in that span. Personally, I am a huge fan of the Icemen roster and can see continued success throughout that lineup. Jacksonville currently with a record of 11-4-3 have made it extremely hard for other teams to win in their home barn. With their home record of 9-1-2, the Icemen can be serious contenders down the road, but still too early to tell. Knock on wood for juju to continue what he started in Jacksonville.

C

@xEl_Capitan_19x :team316:

Starting off our Center list from the east, Mr. El Capitan is helping to lead the charge in Norfolk with another undefeated record of 6-0-0. Posting 9 goals and 12 assists, with a fantastic +17, El Capitan is starting the season hot with some familiar faces on this list. Being 55% in the dot on draws and only having 28 shots on net, The Capitan seems to be a great 2-way fit for that line in Norfolk. The Admirals Center should be able to continue the success with his linemates and team as they gear up for week 3 and not losing at home in regulation in their last 10 games. Another knock-on wood for Cap as he continues his impressive start.

@zCarpyy :team619:

Next up for Centers, another familiar logo on this list, Carpy is having a great start to his season in Adirondack. With a 5-1-0 record, posting only 4 goals and an impressive 16 assists, Carp is fitting in nice on his line finding other guys around net. Also being great in the center dot with a 53% faceoff rating, I see Carpy as a great defensive center for this team to help the back end, which would explain this team only letting up 44 goals on the season. But the Thunder do need to score some more goals in my opinion, and seeing Carp shoot some more could help bring some light to that problem. I'll be keeping an eye on the Thunder this week to see if they can turn that losing streak around.

@DUKEOFNY63:team637:

Lastly for the Center group in the east, The Duke of New York has entered Reading with a record of 5-1-0. Posting 10 goals and 6 assists for the Royals, with a +8 to add, The Duke has found early success putting the puck in the back of the net. With only 21 shots on net, Duke has an outstanding 47% shooting percentage. Even though not above the 50% range, Duke's faceoff % is not far off as he is posting a 48% in the dot. The Royals are having a great start to their season with a record of 12-4-2 and currently 4th in the Eastern race. Another team that plays great hockey at home with a record of 8-2-0 in Reading.

RW

@Webbyy19 :team826:

Starting off the Right Wingers, coming out of the dirty woo we have Webby. Currently leading the coast in points through 6 games, Webby has posted a 4-2-0 record with 12 goals and 12 assists, with a +5 rating. Although Webby is leading the league in points, it seems as though his line gives up a decent amount as well seeing he is only a +5. The Railers are a .500 team with a record of 9-9-0. As they are scoring in bunches with the 2nd most goals for in the east, they have given up 58 goals in 18 games. Stating the obvious if the Railers can sharpen up their D-Zone a bit, they can quickly turn into a top contender as they score a lot of goals. Still early in the season for Worcester to figure out their D troubles.

@pack48man :team823:

Another undefeated man, the packman. With a record of 6-0-0, posting 8 goals and 12 assists with a +8 rating on the season. The one funny stat I noticed about packman so far, is that maybe his right stick doesn't work in the D-zone as he only has 5 hits through 6 games. Maybe he's strictly an RB guy, but who knows. Packman joins some familiar faces on this list in Jacksonville, as we have seen with others. Jacksonville's impressive start has been at the helm of this line being great, and I do see this team gradually gaining success as the season continues from every line. Kock on wood for you Packman as you continue your impressive start to the season.

@Kxlloway :team619:

A lot of guys could have taken this 3rd spot, but I cannot look past the plus/minus numbers of Kxlloway. Another guy that will see some familiar faces on this list, Kxlloway has a record of 5-1-0 with 20 points on the season so far. Posting 9 goals and 11 assists, with an outstanding +15 through 6 games, Kxlloway and the Thunder look to gain future success in the standings with 3 different players on the Phenom list through the first 2 weeks. As I have said before, I will continue to watch the Thunder in future weeks as they move forward working their way up the ladder.

WESTERN FORWARD PHENOM'S

LW

@iFarmerFran :team632:

Getting the West going here we have Farmer Fran with a record of 5-1-0. Posting 9 goals and 9 assists on the year so far and a +14 rating. Fran is not shy from having the puck on his stick as he has 38 mins of puck possession on the season so far. Farmer Fran helps lead the charge in K-Zoo as the wings lead the West with a comfortable record of 14-2-2. The wings are not shy to put the puck in the back of the net either with 72 goals for, 2nd in the coast. If Farmer Fran can continue success with his line, I see a scary team down the stretch in K-Zoo. Oddly enough the Wings are yet to lose in regulation when they are in away games. The boys just love to travel.

@Fredddy023 :team636:

Next up we have Freddy, with an impressive start to his season having a record of 5-1-0. Posting 7 goals and 11 assists, with a +6 rating for the Rush. Rapid City another middle of the pack team with a record of 8-7-3 and squeeze into that 8 spot in the Western race. Freddy and his line need to obviously continue what they have started, but the Rush need to figure out the problem with other lines in the system. The Rush have a -13-goal differential, one of the worst in the league for a middle pack team. This really shows how important Freddy, and his line are to this team. It is still very early for them to turn it around and get success from others.

@KnightsATL :team635:

Lastly for Left Wings, Knights has a record of 4-1-1 to start the season for the Mallards. The winger has posted 9 goals and 9 assists with a +2 rating for Quad City. Scoring his 9 goals on 26 shots, Knights has a fantastic shooting % of 34.6 and should shoot the puck more from what I am seeing. The Mallards have struggled early on, but there are worse out there. Obtaining 4 of their 7 wins for the Mallards, Knights needs to continue to find success with his line as they enter week 3. The rest of Quad City needs to figure some stuff out so that they can surpass an above .500 record, but as I have said, it is still extremely early on, and anything can happen down the road.

C

@FMC Vizions :team632:

With a record of 5-1-0, Vizions and the Wings are atop of the league standings. Posting a fantastic 14 goals for K-Zoo and 6 assists with a +11 rating, Vizions and this team are not looking to slow down anytime soon. Scoring goals seems to come easy for him and this team as I see them continuing this success as the weeks go on. Having a Faceoff percentage of 53%, the centerman controls the dot and the back of the net for these Wings. K-Zoo looks to continue their 3-game win streak as we enter week 3 of the season.

@DangIe Nation :team622:

Next up for Centers, we have Dangle Nation. Dangle has a record of 5-1-0 for the Allen Americans, posting 9 goals and 8 assists for a +3 rating. Dangle has led the Americans to 2nd place in the Western race, with an overall record of 11-5-2. Dangle is another guy I would like to see shoot more, with only 25 shots on goal, he has a great shooting percentage of 36% on the season. The Americans are another team that know how to put the puck in the net but more importantly, keeping the puck out of their own. Only allowing 42 goals against to start the season, the D-zone play of this team is what catches my eye the most. Another guy with only 5 hits, funny stat to me.

@lMalteseFalconl :team632:

The K-Zoo Phenom's. Adding another Wing on the list is Maltese Falcon. With a record of 4-0-2, posting 7 goals and 10 assists and a +8 rating, Falcon looks to continue his success with the Wings at the top of the West. Another center on this list with a great faceoff percentage of 54%, Falcon fits the 2-way center role on this Wings team and starting off the season hot without losing in regulation. The Wings seem to be firing on all cylinders entering the new week and all eyes are on them as they continue their hot streak.

RW

@Pige l12l :team632:

Another Wing enters the chat as Pige holds a record of 5-1-0. Posting 10 goals and 9 assists with a +14 rating to start the season. There's only so much to say about the Wings and their early success to start the season. Pige adds another layer to this K-Zoo roster that can help them get to where they want to be later down the road. As I have said before, I do not see them slowing down anytime soon, but also too early to say.

@Some fat gezer :team636:

Another Rapid City Rush joins the list. Coming in that the 2nd spot we have Gezer with a record of 5-1-0, posting 6 goals and 10 assists with a +5 rating. Only 17 shots on goals for Gezer, I'd love to see more out of him as the weeks go on, but either way he has started the season hot with the Rush and hopes to continue that success as we move forward to week 3. Rapid City, struggling to find the back of the net so far, would like to see guys like Gezer get some more pucks on. The Rush are currently a middle of the pack team, hoping to carry on more wins as we progress.

@SmokinYourDead- :team635:

Smokin joins the list of Phenom's this week after starting his season 4-1-1. Posting 10 goals and 8 assists with a +2 rating. Quad City looks to him and Knights to help lead the charge as they have struggled early on this season. Hopefully, for the Mallards sake, Smokin can keep up the good work and continue to add wins to that column for Quad City as they will need it this upcoming week. Smokin, 4 hits man, let's see that right stick get used like you score goals with.

Thank you all for reading!

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. bigkahuna03

bigkahuna03 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bigkahuna03#9267
    Ratings:
    +766 / 6 / -18
    Great write up!

• Like Like x 1
    In Play Now
    bigkahuna03
  3. Baari_-

Baari_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Pxrtelance—#3844
    Ratings:
    +38 / 1 / -2
    Good shit cutie

• Like Like x 2
    baari_x_47
  4. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    No Bison? THIS MEDIA STINKS. we got guys who are 6-0. #CHUMPMEDIA

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. zCarpyy

zCarpyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    carpy88#0
    Ratings:
    +70 / 7 / -9
    Yeah you better keep an eye on the Thunder next week sir @ItsCosty

Great write up besides the @Kxlloway part

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. RtC21

RtC21 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    RtC21#1598
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -4
    Love it! Keep it up great read.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. KnightsATL

KnightsATL Knights

Discord:
    Knights#8027
    Ratings:
    +64 / 2 / -3
    Appreciate the love, my man. Great writeup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    KnightsATL
  8. JohnMcClaneTW

JohnMcClaneTW Best Beer Fridge in the League

Discord:
    johnmcclanetw#0
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -2
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1