Ducks Eastern Conference Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TheHeroicDuck, Mar 7, 2014.

1. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Hey friends. I am not exactly the best at these but I will not let the league bore me to death just like league arena because the magazine guys quit after only doing like 3 fuckin write ups. Anyways, here we go boys and venture into my god damn power rankings.

1.) Florida Panthers :hflp: - (34-14-6) - Wow I expected the panthers to be good but not be leading the East in points, especially after Yargage went to jail or whatever happened to him. They have everything that could be wanted in a team. They have easily the best goalie tandem in the league with Kop11tar and goldbud. Those two alone will steal games for them. Their defense is led by Deceasedgoblin who has 32 points this season, they also have other solid defensemen like Stick and Deuce so the D depth is a huge strong point for them heading into the playoffs. The Panthers also have a plethora of forwards led by J a lMl e s x22 who leads the team with 51 points. The Panthers have the depth to easily roll over some of these teams in the playoffs.
    Offense: 8.5
    Defense: 8
    Goalie: 10

2.) Pittsburgh Penguins :hpitt: - (34-16-4)- This team has really surprised me. Before the season even began I was thinking that this team wouldn't have a shot at even making the playoffs and BAM, second in the east in points. Tino and the boys have put together a solid squad that I can definitely see making a deep playoff run. All of their forwards are contributing with Tino45Reaper and Stew514 standing out the most to me. The defense situation for them could be better but they have Josh55777 as the starting goalie which really helps keep the puck out of the net. All in all the Penguins are a team that you should not take lightly.
    Offense: 8
    Goalie: 9

3.) Buffalo Sabres
    :hbuf: - (33-17-4) -Tanaka has unsurprisingly sprouted a solid team with solid depth. You will almost always be a successful team when you are first in the league in faceoff % at 57.8. The sabres have 4 players with over 40 points and the Tanaka/Hones duo is always annoying to play against. There is no real standouts on defense except maybe iNlc lK who has 18 points, however they don't have any defensemen that are playing bad. Canada x 31 is the clear cut starter and there doesn't seem to be any games that will be easy against these guys.
    Defense:7.5
    Goalie: 8

4.) New Jersey Devils :hnj: - (32-19-3) - The devils are easily one of the hottest teams in the league right now. They started the season off slow but after making a few tweaks to the offense they have 4 players with over 50 points. They have also have two guys that are in the 40's in points. The defense is playing well but I would not consider it to be the most defensive group of guys. In my opinion they have too many offensive minded d men but it seems to be working for them right now. Their goalies are their weakest point but sD tha mentor has really stepped his game up like the rest of the team as of late. It's tough to say how well they will play in the playoffs when line matching matters since they haven't been facing top lines all season due to the poor start, but they have the firepower to go far.
    Offense: 9.5
    Defense:8
    Goalie: 7
    5.) Washington Capitals :hwas: - (31-18-5) -The Capitals have cooled off a lot since the loss of Fostxr and Gremz but they still are more than likely to make the playoffs. The Caps still have some big time players like Flow Pooch and Mafiaman which are both management. They have also added B RED18 and l Clarke l which should solidify their second line. They also have one of the best goalie tandems with 13eef and Morrel, and they will give their team a chance to win every game. The loss of Fostxr has to hurt though considering he is one of the best players in the game. I do think that the Capitals will be fine though and continue to have success.
    Offense: 8
    Goalie: 9.5

6.) Toronto Maple Leafs :htor: -(31-19-4) - The Leafs have made a huge blockbuster deal to trade away Rammered, ChandlerCheetah, DutchMasterDank, ManOverboard (Voracek) and wolfpack in exchange for Lefty, Greece, Desrosier, polandsf1nest, and TKOxHelocentric. In my opinion the Leafs lost the deal as they traded away their best d man and 3 solid forwards and wolfpack for extra offensive firepower. TKO is good but wont replace Rammered, and the forwards they got in return are certainly of higher caliber but the Leafs below average D core will really make it tough for those forwards to get anything going. I guess time will tell who really won that trade but I am thinking they lost on this one. Also teams will be licking their chops to get a piece of the backup goalie habsfan693 who has a dreadful 65.3 save percentage.
    Defense: 6.5

7.) New York Rangers
    :hnyr: - (30-18-6) - I am surprised that the Rangers have seemed to struggle putting the puck in the net. They are ranked 3rd in the league in time on attack difference with 80:12. They don't have any players with 40 points or higher. Dork is close with 39 but it's just hard to believe that with all of that time on attack they aren't putting it in the net. They also have Mattmurr and x DeCruz which makes a solid top defense pair. Jdoolus is having a hotstreak and playing well for his team. I don't see them having the depth that the top five teams in the east do to make a good playoff run though.
    Offense: 7.5
    Defense: 7.5
    Goalie: 8

8.) Montreal Canadiens :hmon: - (29-21-4) - These guys have a roster full of players with offensive button skill. They have two skilled defensive pairs and one pair that is really struggling, however the defense lacks in playing actual defense. Everyone knows girgs is incredibly offensive when he plays which is fine, but everyone else is more of an offensive d man. They don't really have anyone who in my opinion would be able to shut down top lines. Both of their goalies are solid which can help negate defensive mistakes, but i don't think they will be able to match the depth of these other teams if they do squeeze into the playoffs.
    Offense: 9
    Defense: 7
    Goalie: 8.5

9.) New York Islanders :hnyi: (28-21-5) - The Islanders have a great forward core. They have so many weapons they could throw at you, whether it's space jam, Cakes, Kariya, or jewell, the opposing team is going to have fits playing against these guys. The defense on this team however is almost a complete opposite. The have act1ve and then............ yeah. The defense can be made up for though with luke412 in net as he is probably one of the best goalies in the game, and Ksi loyal is also playing well. I expect these guys to make the playoffs. If they do not make playoffs, it is probably due to the defense not being up to par.
    Offense: 9.5
    Defense: 6.5
    Goalie: 8.5

10.) Philadelphia Flyers :hphi: (27-22-5) -The Flyers have a solid first line consisting of Drew13btv, lVlr Pwn, and vBack in Blackv. But after that the offensive talent starts to really drop off. The third forward line is an AHL caliber line that is really struggling. Defense is this teams strong point however with HarryburntToast standing out the most. In net they have Dali who is playing well, and PHJ who only has a 70 save percentage. This team is fairly average but has the ability to steal games from teams.
    Defense: 8.5
    Goalie: 7.5

11.) Tampa Bay Lightning :htb: (25-22-7) - RJ and Habs are having themselves a solid season which is normal for them, however they are not one of the teams you would normally fear if it were back in the VHL days. On paper the roster doesn't look like it should be 11th in the east, but maybe they are in 11th solely due to how competetive the east is. They are only 5 points back from the 8th place team and I could see them into the playoffs. It will be tough for them to do it though. Depth and goaltending will be a huge issue for them if they do sneak into the playoffs.
    Defense: 7.5

12.) Carolina Hurricanes :hcar: (26-25-3) -The Hurricanes have a great 1st line and a decent second line, but the third line is one of the worst in the league. Defensively they have Pure Pone, Neomop and Coco Crispies but in my opinion they will struggle if they played against better lines. This team has 6mil cap so it seems to me that they are saving up for a top notch player in the offseason or maybe even before the trade deadline ends. Who knows.
    Offense: 7
    Defense:7.5
    Goalie:7.5

13.) Columbus Blue Jackets :hcbj: (25-24-5) - The Blue Jackets have some stud players but holy fuckin' shit. There is no depth or chemistry on the team in my opinion. It's simply put: not a good team. The first line can give some of the good teams a hard time, but these guys will have to hope for a miracle to make the playoffs.
    Offense: 7
    Defense: 4
    Goalie: 6.5

14.)
    Boston Bruins :hbos:(23-27-4) - The Bruins have some very solid players like GB, Hellcat, and Jackd00p, however this team was fucked from bidding when they grabbed Briere, CJ, and Nemzer for ridiculous contracts. They have done a great job however in reshaping this team. I can see them being much better down the road but this is definitely not their season.
    Defense: 5.5
    Goalie: 6

15.) Detroit Red Wings
    :hdet: (22-30-2) As predicted before the season started, the Red Wings are one of the worst teams in the league. Nemzer is the only player doing well, but the rest of the team... Gross. But as long as the Detroit boys are having a good time, then that's all that matters for them, because they won't sniff playoffs for a while.
    Offense: 5
    Defense: 5
    Goalie: 5

16.) Ottawa Senators
    :hott: (19-31-4) I really do feel bad for these players. Hopkins did a flawless job on destroying an organization.O
    Offense: 6
    Defense: 5
    Goalie: 5

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    TheHeroicDuck
  2. Coco Crispies

Coco Crispies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -0
    I think I speak for the majority of the community when I say these types of threads were much missed, and are much welcomed back.

good stuff Duck

No Streaming Account
  3. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Oh stop it I am blushing you little bugger!!!

TheHeroicDuck
  4. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    Good write up. Do not disagree with the standings. Feel like our defensive overall should be higher with the second least amount of goals against currently, which is saying something when you have doolus in net.

No Streaming Account
  5. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Also I'll probably do Western Conference Tomorrow. I have heavy boobs so it will take that long.

TheHeroicDuck
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    James.
    So hot right now.
    James.

7. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Great write up. I feel like the FSU-Toronto scandal is lacking from this thread.

footenhl
  8. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Nice job. Keep it up.

No Streaming Account
  9. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Tino doesn't do jack shit! Guy can't even hit an open net. Fuck you Duck, I LOVE YOUR WRITE UP!

GolSkiii
  10. l Rebel 2 l

l Rebel 2 l YEE YEE

Discord:
    Rebel#6397
    Ratings:
    +274 / 11 / -19
    Mmm duck breast...

Rebel2Tv
  11. GoalCaufield173

GoalCaufield173 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jaimiesx41#0
    Ratings:
    +171 / 3 / -3
    good write up

james4112
  12. x MrLoops x

x MrLoops x #ForceThePass

Discord:
    MrLoops#3606
    Ratings:
    +696 / 20 / -19
    You're welcome Duck for writing 3/4 for you. Great read :)

Lupul_x_19
  13. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    Great write up.

PvtKillaa91
  14. Flash On Fire

Flash On Fire Defense sells tickets

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    Didn't notice my mention in the Florida section :p Other than that, great write-up :)

No Streaming Account
  15. Brumer 30

Brumer 30 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -1
    Even though we went 7-1-1 this week. Oh and 6.5 ranking for goalies that both had a 85%+ save percentage this week? Thankfully we smashed your team this week 6-1 without our
    "first line" :D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  16. melr0ws

melr0ws NOT DRY

Discord:
    wayshee#2863
    Ratings:
    +432 / 4 / -8
    This is laughable tbh...

waysheegoes
  17. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Liar.

TheHeroicDuck
  18. TheHeroicDuck

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Really going to be tough for you to argue that when nobody throws their best lines at you. And Congrats for beating us. We had a bad week. You have an okay save percentage, but Death has a 70 save percentage. Am I supposed to give a damn what your save percentage is for this week? Probably not.

TheHeroicDuck
  19. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    No need to be butthurt brumer, it's his opinion. That said, I slightly disagree on the notion that we haven't been playing top lines however though I say that it's your opinion and I am truly appreciative that you took the time out of your day to bring some media content back to the NHL.

Luna0995
  20. MattTheCoolCat

MattTheCoolCat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 3 / -12
    [​IMG]

MattTheCoolCat