Dyno Mike's S8 Post-Bidding Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by DynoMikeV2, May 30, 2018.

1. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    LGPSN S8 Power Rankings

By Dyno Mike (Local complainer and shitter)

Hello LG fam, I thought I’d try and do Sleeves, Chief and Claus some justice by throwing an extra article out there for a 2nd opinion on how teams will do this season. As I’m writing this, bidding isn’t fully complete, but most teams have built a mold that has shaped where I think that particular team will be headed in the standings.

Please note that this is entirely opinionated and my team in Detroit last season was picked to finish like 26th or something and we won our division. Prove me wrong, don’t get butthurt. I’ll admit straight away that my eye for goalie talent after the top handful of guys is slim to none - so I’ll be basing a bunch of that off statistics or preconceptions.

I’m going to keep this mostly short and sweet. My ratings are for ownership pairing, top 3 guys after ownership, offense, defense, and goaltending. Ratings are from A+ to F and will receive a final overall rating after everything is said and done along with some comments.

Tier 1: Elite A - A+

Tier 2: Great B+ - A-

Tier 3: Good B

Tier 4: Average B-

Tier 5: Below Average C - C+

Tier 6: Poor (Anything below C)

I will then use these individual tier letters to calculate final scores, which will help me place a standings for every team. Should be very fun to see where my opinions place squads. Points are given as follows: F is worth 0, D is worth 1, C- is worth 2, C is worth 3, etc. Overalls don’t get calculated in to the point totals.

!REMEMBER THAT TOP 3 PLAYERS DOES NOT INCLUDE MANAGEMENT K THX!

ANAHEIM DUCKS:

[Management] Carm & Aucoin: B+

[Top 3 Players] Smurf, Potsie, KG3: B

Offense: B

Defense: B
    Goaltending: B-

Overall: B

Team Ranking: 30pts

Final Thoughts: I think that this Anaheim team will be very competitive despite the strong choice of friendship over new opportunities. One thing you can’t deny them is that they’re still built very well from the bottom up and will be a force against most teams.

ARIZONA COYOTES:

[Management] Moran & JF5: B-

[Top 3 Players] Zam, Oso, Sparty: C+

Offense: D

Defense: C+
    Goaltending: B

Overall: C

Team Ranking: 19pts

Final Thoughts: I’m not sold on this Coyotes team. I thought JF5 was a really amazing management acquisition but they didn’t really add much to the table.

BOSTON BRUINS:

[Management] NickyP & NoSleeves: C+

[Top 3 Players] King Clutch, RSall, Liish: B+

Offense: C

Defense: B-
    Goaltending: C+

Overall: C+

Team Ranking: 23 pts

Final Thoughts: NoSleeves gets his first crack at ownership and he builds a pretty decent squad with an Erik Karlsson-type defenseman to boot. I’d say this team is even very comparable to the real life Senators. Will they exceed my expectations and go on a dream run to the ECF? I doubt it...but they will probably be somewhat competitive if they make a few trades.

BUFFALO SABRES:

[Management] Desjy & McLovin: A

[Top 3 Players] Konz, Hazee, Ebony: B+

Offense: C+

Goaltending: A

Overall: B+

Team Ranking: 35 pts

Final Thoughts: Desjy is a proven winner, but I don’t feel that the team he built around him has that same sort of vibe. As is stands, Buffalo will be deadly - but not a huge offensive threat.

CALGARY FLAMES:

[Management] Polska & Pelley: C+

[Top 3 Players] Kush Demon, Nardo, Marc: B

Team Ranking: 27pts

Final Thoughts: Huge congrats to Polska. While I don’t think his tandem in management is anything more than 2nd line talents, he built a well balanced team. Will it be enough to reach playoffs though? We’ll have to see.

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

[Management] Tommy & Beast: C+

[Top 3 Players] JClaus, Jay Snipez, Fully Dynamic: B

Defense: C-

Goaltending: C-

Team Ranking: 18pts

Final Thoughts: This team is very Claus heavy and features two new guys in management who haven’t seen much or any NHL at all but were proven ELITE talents in the AHL. It was hard to rate this team because no matter what I give them - they have to go out and show that they can compete at the NHL level. Claus is a huge asset but it comes with the price of having next to no solid depth after your first line and an unbalanced squad.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

[Management] Koztom & Parayko: F

[Top 3 Players] Double Brah, Pitcher Swag, Ryanwashere: C-

Defense: D

Goaltending: C

Overall: D

Team Ranking: 7 pts

Final Thoughts: Not competitive. Management is poor and the team around them doesn’t help. They went out and got DB who’s talented but really otherwise than that it's a lot of what ifs.

COLORADO AVALANCHE:
    [Management] Nav & Brayden: A

[Top 3 Players] Woy, Giroux, Eastons: A+

Offense: A+

Defense: A

Goaltending: A

Overall: A

Team Ranking: 47pts

Final Thoughts: Cup contenders imo replaced whatever they lost with similar or even better talent. One less beefy spot and a better defensive replacement? Can you say repeat?

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS:

[Management] Show & Nick: A-

[Top 3 Players] Trio, Kaner, Dube: A

Offense: A-

Defense: A

Overall: A-

Team Ranking: 39 pts

Final Thoughts: I think the goaltending has a lot to prove behind this incredible defense, but Nick once again built an absolute powerhouse that will certainly be cup contenders. I am a huge Trio and Kaner fan - have to throw that in, guys have incredible IQ on the back end.

DALLAS STARS:

[Management] Checkmate & KB: B+

[Top 3 Players] Biologics, Peridot, Lord Finesse: B-

Overall: B-

Team Ranking: 26 pts

Final Thoughts: Probably the most confusing team that I can’t figure out whatsoever. Hope Bling knows what he’s doing because I’m not impressed at all. Good top end talent in some areas but no giant standouts aside from himself and an offense beyond the first line that I think might hold this team down.

DETROIT RED WINGS:
    [Management] Master & JLM: B

[Top 3 Players] Broche, Ref, Penguins Hockey: A-

Offense: B+

Team Ranking: 28pts

Final Thoughts: JLM went out and grabbed some real top end talent to create some balanced offense on his top 6. I’m not a fan of the defense and the goaltending is still a bit of a mystery but we’ll see where this team ends up.

EDMONTON OILERS:

[Management] Gonzo & Stamkos: B+

[Top 3 Players] Jared, JackD00P, Stammerchel: A-

Team Ranking: 33pts

Final Thoughts: Gonzo restructured his successful team from last season but kept some of the most important pieces, expect this team to once again be successful - especially in a decently average division.

FLORIDA PANTHERS:

[Management] 2way & Sloshy: A-

[Top 3 Players] Polandsfinest, PurpleCrush, Kris: A-

Defense: A-

Team Ranking: 38pts

Final Thoughts: 2way & Cwlker are reliable management. These guys know how to build and it shows. They went out and got a top 2 defenseman as well before creating their squad and they deserve a lot of props.

LOS ANGELES KINGS

[Management] Goostav & JMarz: B-

[Top 3 Players] Wolf, Cressor, Turmoilz: B-

Defense: C+

Team Ranking: 20pts

Final Thoughts: Not a strong team outside of the first line, reminds me a lot of Arizona. Don’t think they’ll be competing much.

MINNESOTA WILD
    [Management] Agger & Vish: C+

[Top 3 Players] Novak, Chyz, OB: A-

Offense: B-

Defense: B+

Goaltending: A-

Team Ranking: 32pts

Final Thoughts: A team that strives on its back end for sure. Agger consistently builds winners despite being a waste of a free contract and this season looks no different.

MONTREAL CANADIENS

[Management] Silky & Stivii: B-

[Top 3 Players] Ptecyr, Coorsi88, Gladulov/EZDangles: B+

Defense: B+

Team Ranking: 31pts

Final Thoughts: Silky really surprised me here. I think he went out and got some big guys and two really talented centers, a strong d-core that will carry this team to the playoffs. Well done, first time I think I can say a montreal team may not implode by week 3.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

[Management] Zubov & Tarasenko: B-

[Top 3 Players] King_Anze, Flapjack, Foog: B+

Defense: C

Goaltending: B+

Team Ranking: 29pts

Final Thoughts: I think Zubov didn’t listen to Anze, and the rest of the community. What he really needed to go out and do was land himself a Woy or a Trio. The defense isn’t horrible, but it could really use a top 2 pairing. With the current situation this team is in they’re going to need a heavy carry from the offense again, or superb goaltending.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS:
    [Management] Gour & Soccaplaya: A-

[Top 3 Players] Rickchel, Akon, Chislett: A-

Team Ranking: 39pts

Final Thoughts: Gour should start getting noticed. Guy builds some of the most complete teams after only one season of experience. Chiefs new replacement with more thumbs and less policing.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS:
    [Management] Orioles & WestSideHockey: D

[Top 3 Players] RiseOfTheNinja, TMills_, SedinPower: C

Overall: C-

Team Ranking: 12pts

Final Thoughts: Some good right wingers and the rest are mostly guys you bid on to fill in remaining spots. Overpaid on Sedin and a pretty unknown management group who pulled an Agger without getting a good GM probably spells disaster.

NEW YORK RANGERS:

[Management] Bo-Dangles & aREAP: A-

[Top 3 Players] Charmop, Weapon, Bealer: A-

Team Ranking: 37pts

Final Thoughts: The Rangers are very french and very stacked. With LaFleur coming in from the draft, there isn’t one weak spot on this team. The only thing I think Bo missed out on was a dman with his type of skill to carry a bigger 1-2 punch.

OTTAWA SENATORS:

[Management] JT & Redmile: B-

[Top 3 Players] Clark, Poopin, Laplante: C+

Overall: C-

Team Ranking: 16pts

Final Thoughts: Really think management dropped the ball here. I wouldn’t predict this team to make playoffs or survive with the mildly aggressive egos at play here. I’m not singling you out Clark, I just things can get very messy very fast with the whole picture. I think this is the type of team that has some talent in certain places, but put so much money in to guys who aren’t going to carry and shouldn’t be left with putting the team on their back responsibilities.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS:
    [Management] Mathdouble & Jumps: C

[Top 3 Players] B-Bunny, Jcoul, KingJayDee: B

Team Ranking: 17pts

Final Thoughts: I actually think this team has a pretty good first line. Jumps put a lot in to guys who should have someone next to them who’s slightly better. There’s skill, there’s depth on forward. But like the team I just commented on, Ottawa, the defense is lacking - there’s no justification for it either.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS:
    [Management] SkilledPython & Jsilvers: F

[Top 3 Players] EPICxSKILLZY, Larkin, BiggyBigs: C-

Offense: C-

Overall: D

Team Ranking: 8pts

Final Thoughts: Python shouldn’t be given management anymore.

SAN JOSE SHARKS:
    [Management] Ryofthebeholder & Radicalapex: B

[Top 3 Players] Rico, Ovechkin8jr, Joker: B

Goaltending: C+

Team Ranking: Good

Predicted Finish: 28pts

Final Thoughts: I like when good dmen team up together to create teams. Despite the top end talent here being slim to none, there’s a lot of good players here who I think will keep this team above water for the entire season.

ST LOUIS BLUES:
    [Management] Agent PC & Beale: B-

[Top 3 Players] Ducksfan, hypey, the5thline: C

Goaltending: D

Team Ranking: 16pts

Final Thoughts: This isn’t your last seasons st louis blues. There are some returns for sure but I don’t think this team was as good as last seasons team and I felt they had overachieved a bit last season as well.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING:

[Management] Zeffster & Shot: B-

[Top 3 Players] RvClutch, Entry, Inglis: B

Overall: B-

Team Ranking: 26pts

Final Thoughts: I think Zeffster did a great job by acquiring a high scoring forward from last ssn to partner with him. I feel like Tampa is really slim down the middle but has some gems in the rough that might turn a few heads. I expect this team to be fighting for a wild card spot.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:

[Management] AAli & Knees: B+

[Top 3 Players] Tidan, Dparans, Bry: B+

Team Ranking: 32pts

Final Thoughts: While I think the Leafs really dropped down from last seasons magical highly underrated team, the competitiveness is still there. I think the center situation is slim like Tampa’s but the defensive situation is much stronger here.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS:
    [Management] Kingrinpin & Beefy: C

[Top 3 Players] Fool, Ghost, Kiroxy/Cirelli: B+

Team Ranking: 29pts

Final Thoughts: I have to give my props to Beefy here. He helped out this owner BIG TIME. Beefy has come in and applied some real xbox knowledge with an addition to keeping a very balanced lineup wherever you look. Unlike many teams, he also went out and got a great goalie tandem. Look at Vancouver to not only make the playoffs, but upset some good lines.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS:

[Management] Some stinky guys: A-

[Top 3 Players] Theos, MLGesus, Lafond: B+

Team Ranking: 35pts

Final Thoughts: LoL is an elite center, Jay is a solid 1st line winger on the majority of squads throughout the league. These two from the start were a combination made to cause problems. A weak division, some really decent forward depth and a defensive core that shouldn’t be underestimated = successful. I think like the Rangers, this team with another talented center and maybe another strong defenseman could be deadly.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS:

[Management] PTP & BBK: AAA+

[Top 3 Players] Joey, Sooksta, Reactz: A-

Offense: A

Team Ranking: 36pts

Final Thoughts: In my opinion, the best management tandem in the league. They didn’t build a team to match that though. This team is a top team on O and very solid in net, but has an elite dman and a lot of guys you’d pick up to fill the last line. I still think they’ll be very good regardless and will find ways to win games.

WINNIPEG JETS:

[Management] Loops & jmm: C+

[Top 3 Players] Marner, Frost, Mexi: C+

Team Ranking: 21pts

Final Thoughts: Team really needed more defensive help but the offense isn’t that exciting either in my honest opinion. Not sure this team will do much unless there’s something I’m missing.

[[[FINAL RANKINGS BY POINTS]]]

1. COL - 47pts
    2. CBJ - 39pt
    3. NJD - 39pts
    4. FLA - 38pts
    5. NYR - 37pts
    6. WSH - 36pts
    7. VGK - 35pts
    8. BUF - 35pts
    9. EDM - 33pts
    10. MIN - 32pts
    11. TML - 32pts
    12. MTL - 31pts
    13. ANA - 30pts
    14. VAN - 29pts
    15. NSH - 29pts
    16. DET - 28pts
    17. SJS - 28pts
    18. CGY - 27pts
    19. DAL - 26pts
    20. TBL - 26pts
    21. BOS - 23pts
    22. WPG - 21pts
    23. LAK - 20pts
    24. ARZ - 19pts
    25. CAR - 18pts
    26. PHI - 17pts
    27. OTT - 16pts
    28. STL - 16pts
    29. NYI - 12pts
    30. PIT - 8pts
    31. CHI - 7pts

[​IMG]

Interesting conclusion made from my analysis:

In my opinion the weakest division is the Central, and the strongest on top is the Metro, with the East being stronger and the Atlantic & Pacific being the most well rounded..

Hope you all enjoyed. I spent hours writing this up and mathdouble’ing it out. If you catch any mistakes feel free to comment, otherwise try to not get offended. I worked really hard to get this out ASAP.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 46
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    DynoMike25
  2. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    A lot of effort went into this. Great work!

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  3. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Very nice mike.

• Like Like x 2
    vRyy0v
  4. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I actually had similar thoughts on a lot of your takes, only thing that really stuck out to me is how low you rate STL. I think they over-performed as well, but they brought back a large portion of their core and imo the guys they brought in should be able to fill the void left behind by the likes of @NjDevil08

That being said I feel their downfall will be the same as last season, lack of high end talent come playoff time.

I know this isn't a STL article, but they just stuck out to me the most as you had largely the same team going from top 5 to 28th

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JClaus33
  5. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    I think its the most accurate write up ive seen yet. Good job.

I would just switch Vancouver and LA, and NJ and Wsh

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Mathdouble2

Mathdouble2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -22
    good review and im gonna clarify something .... jump didtn put a lot on anyone ...i bids on those players im tire to ear that thanks haahha

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    I think their success last season won't do them justice this season. More people are on notice and they might get tougher lines without the same level of talent. They also had smurf as well if I remember correctly last ssn. I don't think the replacements were up to par.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    DynoMike25
  8. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    Pretty good I like it

• Like Like x 1
    ahl_allstar_3
  9. debarrd

debarrd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 5 / -19
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    debarrd11
  10. Dxhlin_26

Dxhlin_26 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Agger33#8125
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -67
    Nice job mike! Great read

• Like Like x 2
    Agger_33
  11. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65

All we have to do is push it to game 7 and let @j483beale do his thing ;)

But I agree. Personally I don’t expect myself to put up 70 points and 23 wins again, but crazier things have happened I guess

Great article though @DynoMikeV2, I really enjoyed going through it. Think you should replace my name on our top players with @Fishhure though, he carried me to a lot of my wins last season and is definitely the better player

• Like Like x 3
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  12. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    #SENSSZN

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zChieef
  13. Studs-7

Studs-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    кяанишщтюсрплчшкывещ#8820
    Ratings:
    +163 / 15 / -20
    Good shit dude

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @DynoMikeV2 - Besides LAK being underrated my only complaint would be that you have Gour and Soccaplaya on the same level as guys like jay and LoL, Bo and Areap. Gour has been a career 3rd liner lmao.

Great writeup though :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Drewl24l

Drewl24l Best Known Member

Discord:
    full_melt707#9603
    Ratings:
    +630 / 72 / -81
    Stammerchel a top 3 player in Edmonton. I love him but uhhhh nismo..... Palmer ....

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    melt707
  16. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    My opinion on Gours level of skill has changed in the past few months. Like myself, I feel like he’s a much better player than he was in the start of 18

• Like Like x 1
    DynoMike25
  17. Kroeger71

Kroeger71 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kroeger71#9422
    Ratings:
    +223 / 10 / -38
    Good work Dyno!! Great read

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Bless you

• Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    I was fine with everything, even you criminally underrating #TheseSens , until you called @Krvstoffer a top 2 dman LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    jtresatti
  20. JPHVeNoM

JPHVeNoM Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JPH#8117
    Ratings:
    +130 / 1 / -2
    Slayer not top 3 player in Boston??? Disrespectful

JPHVeNoM