EA NHL 21 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by SidTheKid_PiTT87, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Barzyyx13

Barzyyx13 Execute Order 66

Discord:
    Barzyyx13#0883
    Ratings:
    +708 / 32 / -136
    Hey guys. I saw LG's PM about the feedback for NHL 21 and wanted to post my wishlist. I want to hear yours as well. Please go in depth. I would love to see creative ideas that you might have. Obviously tough to even get one of these added/revamped to begin with but heck... fun to fantasize I guess

NHL 21 Wishlist

Commentary:

Remove Snoop Dogg. Please bring back realistic play by play NHL commentary and no arcade nonsense. I don't care which top play by play commentator you use. Use it. Same thing with having Rey Ferraro in previous games and barely doing a thing with him... UTILIZE these big names to create more realistic and ultimately fun game moments. We need more accurate play by play too. If a team is down 5-0. I don't want to hear "He scores!!!! 5-1!" That's unrealistic. Sure, the play by play will be a goal scored but make the realism hit hard with reflection of the score and where it stands within the game at that time.

Pre Game:

Please, no more ridiculous pre game EASHL dancing intros. Seriously. It would be nice if they did away with the emote celebrations and did some kind of actual hockey introduction. Something like the 6 players standing on the blue line, helmets off, and the camera pans all players showing their name and stats. Keep it simple!

Post Game:

They seriously need new cut scenes for Playoffs and just cut scenes in general. The same Stanley Cup win with nothing but a bunch of corny glove throws and then a group photo... I want my Franchise or BAP to be able to be in that SHIT and more in depth scenes.

- A skate around with the cup? Handing off the cup to teammates?

- Maybe even in BAP have you control your skater and go through the handshake line? Get to either send your respect or beef with another star kind of like MLB The Show's corny 'trash talk' options lol. Idk. Something different we really freakin need..

Goal Celebrations:

Play EA FIFA, seriously you will know exactly where I am going with this. You can EXPAND more and more goal celebrations than just the less than 25 we have now. Plus, I want to do group hug celebrations rather than forced nearby skater touch of the helmet/hug and then followed by awkward teammate standstill hand in the airs... GET CREATIVE with the goal cellys. I remember NHL 09 and 10 where L1 raised the left arm, R1 raised the right arm and movements with the right stick moved the arms. Was fun to get creative. Have EA NHL developers play EA FIFA and they will get a hint at what they could do for celebrations.

EASHL:

- EASHL Bags need to be EASY to open and claim. If I have more than 50 bags I did not open (mainly because the game takes FOREVER to open just one) I want an EASY way to unlock and claim them all in a single bound.

- Pro Club Banner Raising (Pre game intros... and also post game for playoff wins)

- Goalie helmet customization. Should be fully customizable. Would be epic.

- READD IN PRACTICE MODE FOR PRO CLUB EASHL! (We've had this feature in previous NHL titles... why on earth did they take this out...

- Let club players who got disconnected rejoin the server? I know R6 Siege has a feature that allows you to rejoin the same server. But WAY different game with a complete different studio/industry so mb for even adding this to the list... lol.

- World of Chel CUSTOM 6v6 lobbies. Allowing us to select sides and 'draft' with the now 16 PSN party chats available.

Online Franchise Mode!?

Franchise Mode:

- More data for scouting. Especially for MUST draft gems and I want my scout to have an emergency meeting with me (just in-case I am simming the season and don't pay attention to messages. It stops the sim and alerts me to chat with my scout. Etc.)

- No movement/trade clauses for players

- Roster sharing

- Rework free agency

Be A Pro:

- Story-mode progressive career. Obviously copy and paste NBA2k... Duh!

- EA Game Face?

- World Juniors for CHL as a young player. Then NHL IIHL/ World Tournament (Make the starting roster.. etc. competing for a medal.

- More analytics for players for pre-game, during, and post game (BAP menu around the league announcer going over stats/scores like in EA FIFA)

- Endorsements

- Line chemistry build up/break up. Similar to how MLB The Show has 'morale' for each player and the status of it.. having this would force the team to make changes whether it's trading you or sending you down a line or not...

- Pre-game/Post game interviews that build a fan base or break it. Whether that is bashing the home crowd after a loss and they blamed your performance... or if you take all the credit or even none of the credit and they love you for it as you praise your team. All choices impact morale, fans, and owner,

- More rewards for milestones reached and legendary records broken... I remember back in like NHL 14 we could see a video of the player we surpassed and it relives that moment with the player. A nice throwback to a moment not everyone even knew existed.. etc.

- Re-add in the cut scene from previous NHL games (NHL 14 and past) of watching your BAP/EASHL skater walk out of the locker room and onto the ice for the pre-game matchup announcement/intro.

Gameplay:

- Puck pick ups/Mechanics revamp

- Rebuild AI intelligence/awareness of multiple scenarios. Such as if a winger sees his sides dman get rocked... he steps back and covers for that dman. Hell, even just having a feature like in EA FIFA where you 'call for help' with L1 I believe and your teammate comes to you. Have this as a feature because when shit goes down along the boards... we will need some AI help deadass.

- Revamp the injury system.

- Player switching in versus/HUT/Offline needs to be revamped. Have you ever played 2kNBA? That is the kind of switching we need so I can accurately and efficiently switch to THE CORRECT player with ease rather than have R2 switching screw me over with a wrong player switch.

- Revamp fighting. Take it from EA UFC 3. That game has a brilliant stand up fighting and grappling mechanism that could be utilized in EA NHL.

Instigating fights should be done with more ease. Possibly holding a button (triangle) to scroll and select an opponent and have it be 'sent' as a challenge to the opponent.

Fighting could be also revamped after big hits. For example; A huge hit that injures a player results in game misconduct... but with that hit it sends out a 'challenge' and if accepted by any skater within that player , the player that accepted has the right to go ahead and lay a hit on the player with the game misconduct and then with the new EA UFC fighting mechanics . Which would be this ; Challenger 1 and 2 either start off side by side and a free slow skate with the ability to throw a punch and have hands up to block similar to UFC 3 would be epic. If a huge hit occurs, that sends out a challenge and is accepted resulting in a huge hit to counter the aggressor and a grappling fight ensues. This new revamped fighting has it that you are not just spamming the right stick anymore in grappled up fights... but you are fighting to maintain balance on your skates as well as throwing punches. The more stamina you lose, the more difficult it is to keep upright. Etc. Grappling fights have the ability of three things:
    1. Balance
    Your stamina plays a factor as this is similar to trying to submit opponents in EA UFC 3 where you need to rotating your analog stick and press x on the designated spot. Failure results in loss of balance and the fight is stopped by refs.
    2. Blocking (NO MORE SPAM HOLDING R2 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO LAND A SINGLE BLOW, as that is taken out completely)
    Blocking can now be done in two ways. One is jersey pulling/pushing, which hopefully with updated jersey physics you can yank the jersey enough to see opponent gear (which also knocks them forward a bit getting yourself in a better lane to land a huge blow or consecutive blows) Fighting is no longer who can hold R2 and spam block anymore. Now with revamped mechanics BALANCE plays a huge factor during the fight. As a push or pull of the jersey can throw off a punch and make the punch miss entirely. Who than can counter with a series of blows the other way.
    3. Attacking
    Attacking can be done before locking on to jerseys with a free skate and a well timed jersey grab after evading an attack can put you in a better spot to land opening punches. After locking onto jerseys you cannot unlock from that jersey hold, LS is used to throw quick jabs with the left hand used to lock onto the jersey. RS is used for right hand and pushing up on the stick is quick punches, holding back and pushing up on RS for power punches.

Well. I felt like i overdid it with the whole fighting shit. So I apologize. Regardless none of what I just said will actually be placed in NHL 21. Watch guys... EA introduces ZAMBONI INTERMISSION MODE!! lmao. Dear lord. IF anything, just have EA focus on servers and/or in-game physics/mechanics.

I really would love to hear your 'DREAM WISHLIST'. I did not even bother with HUT as i haven't played it since NHL 18.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. DakotaPie

DakotaPie Tabersnacks

Discord:
    DakotaPie#4621
    Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -6
    I cant even

DakotaPie
  3. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    Hard disagree. The problem with the "Snoop Dogg" feature is that it's only Snoop Dogg. Guest commentators are a brilliant way to break up the monotony of the play-by-play, the only issue is that it seems like they had the idea and then forgot to actually get multiple people to do voiceovers. I'd love to see the feature brought back with a dozen or so commentators heading into the next game, with more added as the year went on. Get some actual NHL players in there. Clearly they've got a relationship with Spittin' Chiclets, get those guys in there. Get a couple of the stars from the women's hockey side, get some other celebrities, there's people out there who could have SICK commentary tracks.

Otherwise I agree with a lot of this! I'm pumped for '21 already and we're only like half there.

• Like Like x 2
    TDK95
  4. CorrosiveJake

CorrosiveJake Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    ufc.PNG

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    CorrosiveJake_
  5. X-Hellebuyck37-X

X-Hellebuyck37-X LGHL Backup G

Ratings:
    +22 / 4 / -2
    This is for goalies only, but the ability in eashl to have saved pad setups and you can just switch from setup to setup without having to go through the hassle of changing each piece individually and the color schemes. Just like 5 slots to make custom pad setups.

• Like Like x 4
    mcdangles7
  6. tdk_95

tdk_95 Wannabe RD

Discord:
    TDK_95#8433
    Ratings:
    +373 / 7 / -2
    This would be sick, but as an extension to this, different customization for different positions. Which USED TO BE A THING

• Like Like x 1
    TDK95
  7. DakotaPie

DakotaPie Tabersnacks

Discord:
    DakotaPie#4621
    Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -6
    I want plus 3,5 and 7 back

DakotaPie
  8. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    i read every word of that in Patrick Star’s exact voice and emotion in that scene and it made it that much better

• Funny Funny x 4
    Class_Act_27
  9. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    Ufc 3 is ass ufc 2 tho is fire

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. BarDownBrando

BarDownBrando Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownbrando#0
    Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -7
    I want my legend card and my sakic curve back.

Good write up Sid.

• Like Like x 1
    bardownbrandotv
  11. KingFormless

KingFormless Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +601 / 50 / -50
    Great post. Something id like to have back are the lobby rooms from old gen nhl where you could go in and post

ex) club needs RW

makes it easier for players just getting into nhl to find a crew to play with rather than going into shitty drop ins. If you don’t have real life friends on the game or play in a league, it’s nearly impossible to find a crew early on and likely prevents people from getting into EASHL

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    I love all your ideas... there’s only 1 major problem. To implement these ideas, it takes $/Time, and lots of it. There’s no incentive for EA to do all of this at once since All of us are buying the game anyways. They are gonna put 1 egg in the basket 1 year... put another in the next. They will Never fully revamp this game like they should because there’s zero competition. That’s like being the only grocery store within a 300 mile radius. You know people will only buy your food because you are the only distributor in the area. If I’m an owner of a store and people are buying from me, and I know they will continue to buy from me no matter what I do or don’t do, I’m not gonna put any extra time or money into anything. THIS is their thought process. It will never change

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. DerpyDaymare

DerpyDaymare わたしはよいゴールキーパーじぇない。でも、わたしはおたくです.

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -3
    Ah, I see. You hate fun.

DerpyDaymare
  14. PR0D1GY 91

PR0D1GY 91 Kred is my twin

Discord:
    prod_19#0
    Ratings:
    +168 / 13 / -16
    The ranking system in eashl is so bad, change it to cr of your team.

Last night my team averaged 1kcr and we matched against 4 chl teams in a row and won easily, that is not fun for my team or fun for the opponent.

• Winner Winner x 1
    In World of CHEL
    Godreau_13
  15. PR0D1GY 91

PR0D1GY 91 Kred is my twin

Discord:
    prod_19#0
    Ratings:
    +168 / 13 / -16
    Was in “division 1”

In World of CHEL
    Godreau_13
  16. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    This is facts I can rarely play club for this reason right here it gets so boring

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. JDFRYE31

JDFRYE31 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JDFRYE31#2381
    Ratings:
    +160 / 5 / -9
    I wish goalies had more rebound control, would be cool if you could use one of the sticks to direct where the puck goes while you're in the butterfly. I don't know exactly how they would do it, but it would be nice and help goalies fight off turds.

No Streaming Account
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Bruh you can turn Snoop off on the settings and still keep the normal commentary guys on

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  19. ElevateSZN

ElevateSZN Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elevateszn#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 8 / -23
    Practice mode and GM Connected :flames:

• Winner Winner x 1
    ElevateSZN