Eastern Conference Playoff Matchups and Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by x-Mxrphy-8, Aug 17, 2022.

1. x-Mxrphy-8

x-Mxrphy-8 S16/17 Petes Owner | s19 Kitch GM

Discord:
    mxrph_8#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 23 / -118
    Hey guys! Everyone's least favorite manager/player here. Hoping to bring some sort of media to the league. I'll be doing a small write up on each series including a player to watch and my prediction on who I think will win each series. Keep in mind, this isn't going to make everyone happy, this is just my personal opinion, I'm not out here to please everyone. Cheers :)

Eastern Conference

1v8

:team352: v :team314:

Bruins: This team is led by @Timmycdogg and @Jwilly_24 now that Buckeyes has just been removed from the league, which could be costly as he was a big part of their back end. Anyways, up front this team is led by @Weekendnachos19 having a career season where most would say he hasn't played the "top teams" but that doesn't matter he led his team in points. On the back end @Cray had a team leading 25 points on d. Will look for him to do a lot of the offensive production for his line from the blue line.

Player To Watch: @Weekendnachos19 Can he keep up the offensive numbers posted in the reg szn?

Hartford: This team is managed by @oli_big and @tovinbleau and made the playoffs but 1 point over my Utica Comets. Congrats guys you earned it. Offensively this team is led by @Red_sox92 who had a fairly decent szn coming out of the CHL. This team I feel will rely heavily on @TheXcapingTaco to keep them in games.

Player To Watch: @TheXcapingTaco needs to have a great series to keep his team in it.

Prediction: Bruins in 5

2v7

:team350: v :team298:

Hershey: A team everyone knew would be at the top of the standings run by NHLers coming down to tear up the AHL, and that's exactly what @Hxrdie- and @John_Dean_Love did each posting 19 win seasons. To make things even better this is one of the teams that were heavily gifted from their NHL team getting send downs in @Matt01Qc @xBobby88 @Carlson_48 @Beauds_47 and @J77CTL9 at the deadline.

Player To Watch: @Hxrdie- and @John_Dean_Love these guys gotta do what they're supposed to do to.

Toronto: Here we go, one of the best lines in the AHL runs this team, @xCory95- @VintageTrav and @Murphwizzle need to have a HUGE series to have a shot at taking down the Bears. Cory led the team in scoring with a solid 90 point season with 53 goals, this guy can score. Look out Hershey.

Player To Watch: The entire DP line, they need to be better.

Prediction: Marlies in 7

3v6

:team299: v :team312:

Gryphons: The Gryphons, led by @XxPasTrnack88 @TheBobbyOrr4 and @xDeedss . This team probably has the best contract in the entire AHL with @RenewableBanned at 750k. This team is a very offence heavy team, hell they have Bobby on LD, he provides enough for 2 lines ;). All jokes aside this team was at the front of the pack all season, they're not going to be an easy team to beat.

Player To Watch: @RenewableBanned

Rochester: A team led by @Dugzz l67l is destined to make the playoffs, and that's exactly what they did. Brings in @MattAdoresDanna who has had success as a manager to make the team even better. This team has one of the better defences in the AHL in my opinion. They brought in @Atkins77- at the deadline, a player who just came off a Calder winning season in s19. These guys will give the Gryphons a run for their money.

Player To Watch: @Atkins77-

Prediction: Rochester in 7, Mark my words, this will be the most exciting series of the entire playoffs. Not just the 1st round.

4v5

:team302: v :team315:

Phantoms: @ROLLaBACKWOODS and @Grindxr-I97I run this team, Rolla gets Grindxr to take free contract after a very solid s19, and he did it again posting an 18 win s20. @ReDneK_ArMy comes in after a 56 point s19 season to lead the Phantoms in points with 71pts including 39 goals. This team relies a lot on defence with half of their wins being 1 goal games.

Player To Watch: @Grindxr-I97I

Islanders: I apologize ahead of time, I know this isn't the current logo I'm either blind or it's not in the system. @X-ShoreySzn-X and @PooIzy- is another management group that refuses to miss playoffs, I've know these guys for 4-5 seasons and they always finish in the higher half of the standings. They have @xFIow-_- on that wild 8m contract. Personally I think he had a very underwhelming season with a contract like that. He's going to have to produce more numbers to succeed in the playoffs.

Player To Watch: @xFIow-_-

Prediction: Islanders in 6

****WESTERN CONFERENCE TO COME LATER TONIGHT****

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    jmurphy7988
  2. Joshrg23

Joshrg23 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Joshrg23#6293
    Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -9
    @CHEDZz-34 player to watch also ngl kid's a stud

• Winner Winner x 1
    ljoshrg23l
  3. x-Mxrphy-8

Discord:
    mxrph_8#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 23 / -118
    Chedz sucks, I'm allowed to say this lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    jmurphy7988
  4. Murphwizzle

Murphwizzle Well-Known Member

Discord:
    murphwizzle#0
    Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -5
    @x-Mxrphy-8 appreciate the write up, you boys had a hell of a season man sucks y’all barely missed, you and @MxttyIce97 deserved better

murphwizzle
  5. x-Mxrphy-8

Discord:
    mxrph_8#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 23 / -118
    Thanks Murph, 1st and probably last run as an AHL manager was a fun one

jmurphy7988
  6. Chedzz_66

Chedzz_66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like being under valued , me and cat a big part of weekends success , all 3 of us should have been recognized for having a pure dominant season . All good tho see you Sunday pack

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ROLLaBACKWOODS

ROLLaBACKWOODS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +271 / 1 / -20
    Thanks for the write up. GL to all teams

rollabackwoods
  8. Atkinsl10l

Atkinsl10l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    atkinsqc#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 8 / -46
    Put me in the game and let me heat up

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    atkinsl10l
  9. RenewableBanned

RenewableBanned Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -17
    Ly murph. Solid write up

No Streaming Account
  10. WeekendNachos19

WeekendNachos19 It’s for fun

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -5
    would be a lot more successful if you knew where you were on the ice.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    weekendnachos19
  11. Beaudz-

Beaudz- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    alecbeaudintougas#0
    Ratings:
    +170 / 5 / -22
    Good write-up ! Kind of surprised the Americans defense got mentionned over ours but great job.

No Streaming Account
  12. Duchesne_x_10

Duchesne_x_10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duchesne_x_10#0
    Ratings:
    +236 / 7 / -16
    Fokin elite

No Streaming Account