Eastern Conference Power Rankings (week 1)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Wxldo62, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Wxldo62

Wxldo62 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +787 / 22 / -68
    Eastern Conference Power Rankings (Week 1)

*Teams with worse records may be higher, if this makes you upset just go look at the standings! Ranking based on current record and rest of season projection!

1. Philadelphia Flyers
    Mem built another great team (shocker) and made sure to spend on defense! He has 3 studs back there in Anxiety, Spors and Lehk and hopefully the 3 min contracts can play at the nhl level as the season goes on (good pick on Reverb)! Honestly he has a few forwards who aren’t worth the couple mil he spent but Mem always figures it out and will compete to keep his team atop the East. Both their goalies are gross and Habs was the biggest reason they are first in the rankings. When the 7-1 Flyers took on the 7-1 Sabres, habs played out of his mind.

2. Buffalo Sabres
    This team is basically the same as it was last season (finished 2nd in the East) minus NHLBOT and plus big money contracts on D (dankchank and Sycch (Xbox guy)). The Sabres added Yungwun in net to back up krofto and he’s the real deal. In spite of Dooleys pregame being the highest penalized line in the history of week 1 LeagueGaming the Sabres only losses came from the Flyers first line and Sphyze scoring at will. Taking bets on how long until Brax is traded.

3. Boston Bruins
    Moran and Tommy built a nice squad based on drafted players and spending some big money. Grabbing Krencho and SnaggyTerry in the draft is huge as they will outplay their contracts price for two seasons. Grabbing Holland and Malarkie to run the 3rd line is never a bad idea, those guys will grind out some Ws. The biggest question mark is will they lack depth after spending 8M on both ZachJeet and Kjnger who are both great players… but will the price hurt elsewhere? Their starting G is great, let’s see if their backup can forget about a horrible Ottawa team last season and get back to his winning ways.

4. New York Rangers
    Chuck and Rose build a very solid team, just like rose did last season but with a better GM now. I don’t know much about some of their players but from what I gathered and preexisting knowledge, they built a chem based team. Chuck and Akon played together a few seasons ago and locked it down, look for them to do it again. Line 3 is a full chem line as well. Back 2 back cup champ blacky on a 2M conty is fantastic and players such as Lish, Mxtz and Foouu are going to produce well for their price. The the French express NYR are ready to roll this season!

5. Washington Capitals
    UDCA and Dahlin make a sneaky good free conty pair, especially with a weak D pool in the NHL. I like the C/RW pairs these guys have based on Chem. Juicy and Farine were my esports lineys for a while and both can grind out wins (when juicy isn’t drinking!) :). Callz has a much better price point this season and my draft pick from 2 seasons ago finally gets a chance in the N (sorry Ehtea). He torched the ahl for 2 full seasons and will do well in the N. MattKino is one of the easiest choices for a resign each season and while now he’s at 2.25, he still is worth much more. They payed a lot for Fred on D but he’s been on that team for a while and fits good with those guys (cup champ). I expect a great season from this group.

6. Carolina Hurricanes
    Jclaus has been the face of lgnhl psn for a long time now and even after a bad week 1 by their standards they will be fine. However, I don’t think this is the typical Jclaus teams we have seen in the past where there is 1 or 2 trades made all season. Josh didn’t get alot of his first options in bidding from looking at the reports and had to settle a few times Jclaus and Mclovin as top 2 centers is as good as it gets, however I’m really not sold on line 3 in its current state and they have work to do on their dcore outsite of the players they’ve returned back there and jakoo. They have reliable goaltending this season and payed up for it. I’m sure we will see them higher than their currently ranking at some point this year. But it will be interesting to see what moves they make.

7. New York Islanders
    The islanders 7th?? They are 1st place in the entire league and went 8-0-1!! Yep they have a good week but played and beat up on 5 3rd lines this week (maybe 6). Do I think they can be a solid playoff team, sure! But they need to be ranked appropriately, and 7th is that spot for now. Hopefully I’m wrong and they keep it up. I think they have good pieces such as Briere, Chipy, Skillzy, Jesse, and savagekills.

Dear god please let Skillzy make the playoff this season! Amen

8. Columbus Blue Jackets
    Fellas great week this week, you finished 4th in the East! Maybe I have you too low, but honestly I don’t know a lot of your players and I’m not going to pretend I do. However I do know Goostav is a great C, Jorz is still a steal at the price you payed him to play Lw and both your free contys are solid. Brindy I haven’t seen on LW in a while but I played with him a while back and he was always a solid player. Good luck fellas hope to see you have another solid week!

9. Tampa Bay Lightning
    MT always does a good job and his free conty is great once again, however, I think it will be a grind for them, just like last season to get to playoffs, especially cause I see a very similar roster. Yardy is one of the best d on psn but holy cow 9 is a hefty price and I think takes away from some of the depth they could’ve had. However I do think when it’s said and done they get into playoffs so expect a move up! MT is the goat and a top 5 nicest guy on psn.

10. Florida Panthers
    I’m torn on this team. Am I wrong to put this team at 10 with some of the talent they have? Maybe? But I see quite a few holes as well. Smitty is an incredible talent at forward, and so is GM Adam who moved to D this season. Droplex, Geim and Panarin are great players for their price, and their goalies are both really good, but I see a big hole at C, which I think is the most important position on the ice. I don’t have much else to say, let’s see how the following weeks shake out for them.

11. Toronto Maple Leafs
    Leafs had a solid week 1, but I’m not ready to move them higher just yet. When I look at their forwards I see Newt, Gerbe and then many unknowns. I think they have 2 good players in Turtle and Musty but I think their prices are a little too high. I like Sakic and Deftylefty at their price as elite 3rd liners and when it comes to D I see 4 solid options and a 3rd pair. I think they can hold a playoff spot but I don’t see the wow factor I see when I look at other teams I ranked a little higher. Maybe their chem will take them where they need to be!

12. Detroit Redwings
    They were ranked very poorly in the standings after week one but I don’t think they deserve to be that low. They went 1-5 in 1 goal games which means they’re in all their games but couldn’t pull off a W. I really like their d core honestly, I think their forwards are overpayed for what they can do and that’s what will hurt this team. Charmop went 0-3 and is now on IR so that doesn’t look ideal after spending a big chunk of change BUT I think they have a better week this week. Go Wangs

13. Pittsburg Penguins
    Your top line is really fucking good, which is why you’re ahead of NJ. Sphyze made us look stupid this week and we were unable to do anything to contain him. I like Deets at 1M as a support player and Zav + Hoff is a great top pair. After that is when I get scared. Laf and Elfpha at 7M and 5.25 couldn’t do much of anything and they’re going to have to be able to for this team to try and reach a playoff spot this season. I like Hoff a lot so I hope they have a great season but I never want to play his line again.

14. New Jersey Devils
    Hey Hra… the season started pal. Youre a good player and your gm is even better so there is hope. However, I don’t love what you did with your roster honestly. You gm is gross but you built a west line when it’s less effective than ever before ? You spent 5M on one of the better Lw to play defense, put more than the min bid on a great g who switched to defense, and payed a premium for wingers not worth that kind of money imo. You’ll figure it out week 2 I hope, hopefully you turn it into a playoff roster when it’s said and done.

15. Montreal Canadians
    Payed Nym to heat up, leaving the other 2 lines without the funds needed to heat up. Hopefully you turn it around Pucky

16. Ottawa Senators
    When your free contys are an AHL Player and a goalie, it is hard to be competitive in lg unless you find a lot of steals. I like some of your players a lot! Such as Dxegrr, Tgil, Lymyzz and Stanley Cup champion owner loops! However there is a lot of work to be done to turn it around.

Thanks for reading. I tried to do the best I can talking about teams and players without making shit up and running with it, like some of the people who do media. I try to focus on the good instead of the bad as well- if it gets solid feedback I’ll try to do more.

Cheers,
    Wall

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  2. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Week 4 : The Buffalo Sabres have traded ExtraSweetSauce to the Vancouver Canucks for nothing we just want Brax to be miserable

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    extrasweetsauce
  3. Norris Dud

Norris Dud I’m better than you :)

Ratings:
    +897 / 145 / -269
    Welcome to Dallas

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    dudnastyy
  4. Foouu-

Foouu- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Foouu-#6793
    Ratings:
    +129 / 3 / -8
    Great writing Waldo! Thanks for the media man!

No Streaming Account
  5. iPureLock

iPureLock Well-Known Member

Discord:
    panarinl10i#0
    Ratings:
    +77 / 69 / -20
    appreciate the media but the habs have good depth

• Funny Funny x 2
    jmsb123
  6. ItsDomii

ItsDomii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Domi#1311
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -4
    waldo media <3

ItsDxmii
  7. Sakxc-

Sakxc- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -1
    Elite 3rd liner here

• Informative Informative x 1
    Eliteflowbro
  8. Heavy_07

Heavy_07 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    heavy_07#0
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -8
    solid option here

heavyshoulders07
  9. CHUCKULENCE

CHUCKULENCE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chuck_morrisse#0
    Ratings:
    +103 / 8 / -26
    The Nucks need some cowbell bro

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    Braxwatch starts now

• Like Like x 1
    pxnarin_
  11. WhoseMans--

WhoseMans-- Active Member

Discord:
    WhoseMans--#5279
    Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -1
    Premium whose is my next tag.

No Streaming Account
  12. JMalarkie

JMalarkie Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmalarkie#0
    Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -7
    Thanks for the kind words. And the good write up!

JustMalarkie
  13. KripticCG

KripticCG Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KripticCG#8906
    Ratings:
    +53 / 4 / -13
    Baldo doing media??

KripticCG