Eastern Conference Trade Deadline: Buyers & Sellers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Sevv09, Jul 2, 2014.

1. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Eastern Conference Trade Deadline Buyers & Sellers

With the trade deadline quickly approaching on July 6th at 5pm EDT, the decisions teams must make is upon us. After talking today with Brodie, it is confirmed the league rosters will be reset for next season. If that wasn’t enough news for the league they Ownership selection will also be reset which means Nugersy will no longer be owned by Nuge. We will see a number of moves made which could in theory make this a big chase.

Buyers

Washington Capitals
    29-9-2 | 1st East | 60 points

The Washington Capitals are in the hunt for the President’s Trophy, however they stand a much tougher road than the Predators and Jets in the west. While the Capitals have to be happy with their roster as a whole there is a number of moves that the teams chasing them should and will make at the deadline and @Flow Pooch will need to keep busy this weekend looking to nail down a final move.

The Capitals should be targeting bringing in one or two big names to lock up their chances down the road, especially with 3 million in cap space. I could see them moving Sedin (goalie) for a goalie who could be considered another number one. There should also be a big named defensemen on the block they should look at adding.

Pittsburgh Penguins
    28-10-2 | 2nd East | 58 points

[MENTION=4744]mfricha[/MENTION] has the Frichberg Bad Boys rolling to this point in the season. With a number of moves made to this point they seemed destined to not only make the playoffs but make some noise once they are there. In my honest opinion the Penguins will need to acquire at least one possibly two defenders at the deadline.

Acquiring players who may be on the move is going to be a bit hard for the Penguins as they are currently right up against the cap. With a number of players on the move at the deadline the ability to upgrade should still be there but they will be hard pressed to not shake the roster up if they are targetting any more big names.

Florida Panthers
    27-10-3 | 3rd East | 57 points

[MENTION=7347]Kop11tar[/MENTION] has his team still sitting on top of the Atlantic division. With a team lacking of big names they have played many of the teams in the playoff hunt to the wire. The Panthers need to add some more skill to their lines if they want to avoid another first round exit in the playoffs in my honest opinion.

The Panthers enter the deadline with 4 million in cap and have the potential to upgrade their offense or defense quickly. With a number of players on the move they could potentially grab a @HANDZAGOD and another high performance defender to increase their back end or add a scorer to improve their offense.

New Jersey Devils
    25-13-2 | 4th East | 52 points

A number of people looked to New Jersey to be the leaders of the East at this point in the season. @NugeTV has had great teams in both LG seasons since the merger. While his team seems to be underperforming to this point in the season according to members of the league , I would be shocked if Nuge doesn’t make a big move at the deadline.

Nuge could pull off a number of different moves if he feels like a member of his team is underperforming. With 2 Million in cap room and players available to him he could move someone like @o domski o and fit a defensemen of 5.5M in that spot or move someone like @prey4eyes and fit a 2.5M left wing in that spot. Watching how this team loads up for the playoffs will be very interesting.

Buffalo Sabres
    22-14-4 | 5th East | 48 points

[MENTION=7246]At43[/MENTION] is missing Honesrule in the statistics department as his point production is down. While apparently everyone is against making deals with Tanaka it could be a slow deadline as he could experience resistance in closing a deal. The Sabres need to add to their offense to be more of a threat and give their goalies a second to breath.

While I hear many rumors, the Sabres would love to acquire the services of @PHJ314 and @HANDZAGOD from Philadelphia. I could also see them looking to grab players who have chemistry with Tanaka’s line to help improve the overall strength of the line, but with only 750k in room this could be hard to pull off.

Tampa Bay Lightning
    21-15-4 | 6th East | 46 points

[MENTION=7869]FiGS42[/MENTION] made a number of deals last week, and they haven’t panned out as expected. WIth the lightning 1.5 Million over the cap already this week could see any wins overturned already. The Lightning need to make major moves if they hope to make the playoffs because the line @x Nemzer x 89 can only take you so far.

The Lightning need to salary dump at least 1.5 Million, while attempting to figure out what will actually work on the ice. This will be a busy week for the Lightning who may look a bit like sellers when they need to do nothing but improve their team if they hope to make the playoffs.

Columbus Blue Jackets
    24-12-4 | 7th East | 52 points

[MENTION=7012]MpLs KiD 3[/MENTION] has seen his team work their way into a playoff spot currently with the difficulties of the Islanders and Hurricanes. This team has been relatively quiet on the trades this season but will need to make a noticeable move here to keep this playoff spot.

The Blue Jackets will need to really rely on their player knowledge, as @x S m ii R k Y and Anderson only have 500k room to make moves. The Blue Jackets are currently reeling on the penalty kill at 67.4%. According to the power rankings @GOIN GORILLA and @Oriolefaith seem to be the most likely candidates to be move for a big upgrade but a number of Blue Jackets could be among those being shopped currently.

New York Islanders
    24-14-2 | 8th East | 50 points

[MENTION=5801]I Beat Up Cakes[/MENTION] wasn’t happy that I said his line had the second most point production in the game of the week thread. Well they lost that game to the Sabres and have lost 4 straight almost falling out of a playoff spot. The Islanders need to figure out something as they have to right this ship in the Metro or they won’t compete to defend their Eastern Conference crown.

The Islanders have 4.5 Million in cap room at the deadline and they will need to use every penny of it to secure their spot in the playoffs and move up in the seeding. With the Power Rankings showing @ball saddle @dayman531 @Acid Thrasher @an angerycricket @Hckyplyr55 all currently struggling on the Islanders they may be shopped for a number of players whom are now available due to roster being reset.

Carolina Hurricanes
    22-14-4 | 9th East | 48 Points

[MENTION=7705]G0gel[/MENTION] and @lL A lK lE have seen their team fall out of the playoffs again in the Metro Division. The Hurricanes will be in a battle with seemingly the Islander, Blue Jackets and possibly the Devil the rest of the season to see which of these teams will miss the playoffs. With that being said the Hurricanes need to make a big splash at the deadline so they aren’t left behind.

The Hurricanes need to add Defense, as they have given up 119 goals against which is just 6 less than philadelphia and 8 more than any team in the playoffs not named the Lightning. One way to do this would be to move @Tex243 whose 3.08 GAA and 72.9% Save could be upgraded at the deadline. Other players on the hurricanes who should have their bags packed are @Roofdaddy @Tyler Hutton @C lH lE A T @Pure Pone and @Coco Crispies as the power rankings are showing them all under performing.

Toronto Maple Leafs
    18-6-6 | 10th East | 42 Points

[MENTION=6590]x1x WILKESY x3x[/MENTION] and the Maple Leafs are very much still in the hunt for a playoff spot as they chase down a Lightning team with just a single win this week. While Toronto hasn’t been playing well they have the chance at the deadline to make major moves and improve the team, unlike when they imploded the team last year.

The Maple Leafs if they want this to end well will need to improve their defense and offense with just 2.25 Million in cap room. The Leafs addressed their issues in net with acquiring [MENTION=7255]xxxbcrippsxxx[/MENTION] who should be able to play to the level needed for the leafs. The Leafs will most likely be shopping [MENTION=1351]EddieThEagleG20[/MENTION] @llVlcNasty91 @Panda l25l [MENTION=8768]Uncle No Legs[/MENTION] @Torball99 @Ball Milk Tank @MaKi x18 as they are all under performing according to the power rankings. A number of improvements are already said to be out there as the fire sales are starting.

Bubble Teams

Detroit Red Wings
    18-19-3 | 11th East | 39 points

It is decision time for @BLicK12 and @Flash On Fire as they currently sit 7* (could be 5) points out of the third playoff spot in the atlantic. If this team believes they can overcome both Tampa Bay and Toronto while holding off Montreal then they will need to be some of the biggest buyers at the deadline. If not it will be time to send their big players off to other teams, and wait out the rest of the season.

With just 1.75 Million in cap room the Red Wings will need to make major room by moving high salary players to make enough room to upgrade the team in general.

If the Red Wings decide to be sellers at this point look for @Kopitar xX to be moved if a buyer has enough salary cap room to fit his 6 Million contract under the cap. @Gatorade Me and his 500k contract is going to be one many teams will inquire about, and finally @X King X 91 who has been performing well in Detroit would be moved.

Montreal Canadiens
    18-21-1 | 12th Place East | 37 points

The new owner of the Canadiens @o WjD O has seen his team come out to a 3-1-0 week and now needs to make a serious decision about the future of this season as they sit 9 (should be 7) points out of the final spot. This will likely be the biggest decision of his short term as owner.

The Canadiens are truly set to be buyers at this point with 7 million of cap room to spend this weekend. The chance Wjd and @lL lE lF lT lY to make the biggest splash at the deadline is the best out of the entire Eastern Conference. If they become buyers look for @lL E G A C Y 28 @xXS7EW4R7Xx @behn11 @Sevv09 @Snowcrash X and @SG Ponyboy to be shopped heavily as the power rankings show these players to be under performing.

If the Canadiens decide to sell they have a number of potential players that could impact contenders with @DJ Jimmyy @kpy86 @Mike Fig @l Karlicious l and @Zero Choice all likely wanted by a number of teams.

Sellers

Boston Bruins
    15-20-5 | 13th Place East | 35 points

The Bruins under @JFonz11 look to miss the playoffs again and likely will be selling off as much as they can at this point. With little to be done to stack up for next season it will come down to Jfonz to move the players playing well to playoff teams or just hold on to people and ride out the season.

Players with Value
    [MENTION=7899]Phi 1004[/MENTION] @Obnoxious x7 @Hellcatxx @Alphabird007 @Mr Loltastic @Xio GShep

Philadelphia Flyers
    15-21-4 | 14th Place East | 34 points

The Flyers offense has never been able to become consistent as they rank 4th for least amount of goals scored in the entire NHL. @x Oshie 74 x and @drew13btv need to start moving some of these players to teams in the hunt as when I was there the locker room was positive and gave the management every chance to right the ship. An inside source has also noted that major changes are happening this week.

Players with value
    @PHJ314 @LikeaHardPuzzle @HANDZAGOD @frost xi @xo Playmaker ox @BROWNMANCAN @InsurancePolicy

Ottawa Senators
    12-23-5 | 15th Place East | 29 points

Ottawa has failed to get things going again this season and @mackay 27 and @Safety Sieve need to realize that the playoffs are out of reach and move some of their players to contenders.

players with value
    [MENTION=7812]MisterBionic[/MENTION] @brandovedo @WorLdClassDman @xEagleEyes18x

New York Rangers
    12-26-2 | 16th Place East | 26 points

The Rangers have undergone an ownership change or two but @SweeT 9 LoU 84 is currently leading the rangers into the deadline after leaving Buffalo. With no way to catch the playoff hunt in the Metro they should be the biggest sellers of the deadline.

players with value
    [MENTION=7465]True Complexity[/MENTION] @rifleman10 @MURPHZKY @xH3XTx @FiLtHaDeLpHiA21 @Batman x 17

With my evaluation done here who do you think should be moved and where do you think players end up?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 17
    Sevv_09
  2. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    there really isn't any point of trading for draft picks because they wouldn't carry over to next season (or at least to my knowledge). so i don't expect to see too much "selling" from the bottom teams this year. Good article though :)

3. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    What mackay said, also, in Detroit, we did most of our trading this past week.

BLicK1252
  4. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    You're also not able to keep or resign anyone on your roster, so there wouldn't be any reason to hold on to players who are performing well. Sending them to playoff teams only generates good will.

• Like Like x 3
    Sevv_09
  5. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Great write up the roster reset kind of sucks for this season ending. Im just moving players to help teams out and get the guys who have been good to me since taking over a shot at playing in the playoffs but I do not want to take on guys I don't know or who cause problems in the locker room since they wouldnt be likely to finish out the season knowing they can't make playoffs and since it doesn't help me cap wise or anything in the off season it makes trading hard.

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  6. MisterBionic

MisterBionic MisterBionic

Ratings:
    +125 / 1 / -4
    While I'd love to be on a team more likely to make playoffs, I'd rather play with people that are fun to play with. Ottawa is a great group of guys. For me, it's more about enjoying myself and my team. I didn't feel that in Tampa. So if I DO get traded again, I just hope it's somewhere relaxed and fun loving, but I also wouldn't mind staying right where I am :D

• Like Like x 1
    mr3ionic
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I mean we are not done trading either by any means, but we wont be sending top talent away for a 3rd liner like a lot of teams would like to think. Nobody "deserves" to be on a playoff team if they would have won their games they wouldn't be on a team out of the playoffs in the first place. i understand owners tend to quit & stuff happens to teams but if the production level of players upset that they are not on playoff teams matched their egos maybe they would be in the playoffs on their current teams rather than complaining until they earn a first round exit. not to mention a lot can happen with 42 games in the season left. The real life leafs were in third around this point in the nhl season and we all know how well that turned out :(

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The LG leafs were still like 2nd around this point =P

Also [MENTION=7406]F5 Penguin[/MENTION] needs to stop erasing my thanks when he promotes these to articles.

Sevv_09
  9. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    lmao forgot about how strong they started. even better example :D

10. iMoeDubz

iMoeDubz DiMe Machine

Ratings:
    +101 / 11 / -13
    Maybe this will get brett and smirky to trade Bizzle

moedivation
  11. BeastModeCowb0y

BeastModeCowb0y Any1 can get it

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    Wow rude not going anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22

They shouldn't erase nor reset. All settings keep. I've even tested the Thanks. Jeff, Brisan, etc all keep theirs. I'll look into it more.

f5penguin
  13. BeastModeCowb0y

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    [MENTION=3775]x S m ii R k Y[/MENTION] [MENTION=7012]MpLs KiD 3[/MENTION]

No Streaming Account
  14. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    [MENTION=5259]G0IN GORILLA[/MENTION] wants his third crack at Detroit this season. :D

BLicK1252
  15. BeastModeCowb0y

Ratings:
    +666 / 0 / -0
    haha mini rivals lol u got my numba.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    Sedin's my thunder buddy, he goes nowhere

• Like Like x 1
    DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  17. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    with my salary being 2.5M and the stats I have, I doubt any1 will ever think to trade for me to help his team. Although MTL could trade me away to help tehri team though.

kipper86
  18. dirtsaucesnipes

dirtsaucesnipes Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dirtsaucesnipes#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 7 / -17
    were makin' the offs.

dirtsaucesnipes
  19. mattyallstar94

mattyallstar94 Well-Known Member

Ratings: