Elite controller

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by I4I Bobby Orr, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Johnson x 92

Johnson x 92 Big Johnsons

Discord:
    Johnson x 92#4855
    Ratings:
    +162 / 4 / -10
    Does anyone use the Elite controller, and what setup do you run for players/goalie? Does it help with gameplay and more specifically does it help with faceoffs?

No Streaming Account
  2. imadinosaurr0ar

imadinosaurr0ar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2 / -4
    Can confirm it doesn't help with faceoffs.

I don't bother with the paddles on the back. Couldn't get used to them and they weren't that helpful for NHL.

Back to the faceoff thing, the reason it doesn't help is that EA is bad at making games. You can change the sensitivity of the joysticks in the controller menu. In other games this really helps because the default settings for the Xbone controller often provides a small delay. However if you change the setting to "Instant" to eliminate that delay NHL 16 can't handle it.

In other games this allows you to move your left and right stick quickly and precisely and it listens to your input without that slight delay. A good example is a shooter. The default setup is setup in such a way that you dont need to worry about how far you press it. You can hold to the right and it will start moving befre it realizes you want to go all the way to the right at which point it will accelerate your movement. If you yurn on that instant setting it eliminates that delay and to get that intermediary speed of the delay you can't press the joystick all the way over. However when you turn on that instant setting in NHL you can't skate and you can't stick handle. nHL 16 is only set up for the default controller settings.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    ImaDinoROAR
  3. Maverxck

Maverxck Twitch.tv/mav_live

Ratings:
    +117 / 14 / -21
    Every controller I use is an elite controller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Mav_Live
  4. IMIac 89

IMIac 89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    macv89#0
    Ratings:
    +349 / 15 / -19
    I still use the original controller I got with my XB1 in August and its totally fine.

Can't imagine it will help with button skill.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    If you are in the States, and are interested in buying one used for less than retail in great condition, let me know. I got it when it first came out, and haven't used it after the second week. The idea for the controller is awesome, but I am just not a fan of how it sits in my hands when I am playing. I reverted back to the standard controller because my big hands work better with it. The biggest issue for me is that my fingers are not able to get to the back buttons without holding the entire controller in my fingertips. Makes it hard to use for gaming purposes at that point, and really makes it useless for me to use as the function of it is no longer there. I have everything that goes with it in mint condition, and will send pictures for verification. Controller has less than a week of game play use on it, and has been kept in flawless condition. PM me for any other questions. Payment would need made via PayPal, and will ship immediately upon agreement/payment for controller.

**** I checked for Rehanek when he was going to buy it, and shipping to outside of the US is pretty much useless. It costs me more to ship it than what he could just buy one new for. ****

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    frostx7