End of Season Expectations

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by xMecciah, Jul 19, 2021.

1. xMecciah

xMecciah Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xmecciah#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -21
    Lakers – not a lot to say here, a lot of availability issues throughout the year, some questionable decisions and lack of top end talent sits them in last place. After a 2-win week, things look a little promising and maybe the lakeshow can finish off the season on a high note with a couple dubs this week as well. Obviously playoffs are out of the question but there’s a slight chance they don’t finish in last place, despite have 1 win entering week 5.

Nets – to start things off, FREE BERRY. But all kidding aside, the nets have been on the wrong side of 10 games that were within 6 points. A lot of close losses and a lot of drunk Rick has led them to where they are the standings. A lot of good guys on the squad in Brooklyn, but a lot has gone wrong. The only thing that could make this season more disappointing is falling below the lakers in the standings after this last week.

Heat – lots of problems here, there seemed to be a lack of communication in the ownership, and not fully understanding rules, availability issues, etc. has led them to a lack luster record, despite having a good PG in nurtec to lead the way this season. I think all games were FF losses in week 5, so not much to comment on that. Hopefully they have a decent week so some of the players return next season to keep numbers up, probably the most we can ask from the Heat at this time.

Knicks – these guys have had some good wins, but availability has been a bit of an issue here as well. With Handouts and Wall having played a combined 17 games, that’s going to make it hard to win, especially when they didn’t have the depth until the trade deadline. They made good moves at the deadline, bringing in Swaggy, but it looks like it could be too little, too late as playoff chances are looking slim. They’ll need a near perfect week to even have a shot at the ploffs.

Hornets – with Juice and Ctwicee leading the way for the Hornets, they had a couple of good players pre bidding, and they have been a little disappointing to be honest. A lot of west guys here, so keep that in mind, but they’ve also had some avail issues leading to inconsistent lineups. They made a big move going for Rainy at the deadline, but being unable to bring him up to the roster might have hurt their chances big time. They gave up some key pieces to get him, and while their playoff chances aren’t completely out of the question, it’s going to take a near perfect week if they have a shot, like the Knicks, and if they get into the playoffs, having Rainy as a TC and not rostered could be the death of them.

OKC – I don’t see any possible way Snype and OG miss out on the playoffs (sorry if I just jinxed that), but despite their struggles, Snype has done a good job at getting pieces that can help them win games. OG hasn’t been as elite as expected, but he is still a veteran guy, and he’s not looking to lose. I think these guys slip into the 8th/7th seed after this last week and have the chance to upset in the playoffs. It might sound crazy, but we’ve seen crazier!

Raptors – I think they had and still have one of the deeper rosters on paper, but Slime having to mow the lawn, getting spanked and grounded by his parents causing him to miss some games has hurt them big time. If he had showed up every week, there’s no doubt they would be a top 3 team, and come playoff time, they still can be with that roster. But they’re in a spot right now where playoffs aren’t certain, and they’re going to need everyone to show up this week.

Suns – surprising to say the least. They have two solid lines with two solid PGs and these guys were almost written off before the season started. I think their depth will get them to the playoffs, with a good possibility they make it to the second round, and then I think some of the other teams that could face off with them will just be a little bit better and knock them out.

Bucks – I don’t think it’s any secret the Bucks are top heavy. They’ve tried out many options as the second line PG, but nothing has come to fruition has a solid second line PG. With that being said, they have an extremely dangerous G5 lineup. Assuming it’s Marquise, Kas, Comeup, Bills and Sahrento, this line can do damage in the playoffs, and even carry them to the finals. They just need to get to the playoffs and avoid the Twolves in the first round and there is a potential they make the finals, so long as that top line doesn’t drop a game.

Mavs – TOMKO. This might be the most beautiful relationship between and owner and GM that we’ve ever seen, which was not expected to start the season, but here we are. The Mavs have a lot of GOOD pieces, but I don’t know if they have any IT FACTORS, which I think will be their demise in the playoffs. I think the Bulls can take them out if they end up in the 4/5 seed together, but it will be a long series to say the least. Despite having one of the better records, they have one of the worst point differentials amongst the top teams, which shows that they are a good team, grinding out wins, but not dominant.

Bulls – the bulls have one of the most interesting teams on paper, and they got a haul from the hornets for Rainy after that whole debacle, which gave them some much needed depth. My main worry with this team, is will the 5-out system Munnie runs be able to take them far, or will top teams shut that right down? Munnie has shown he can get a bucket, but with some of these top teams/lines, I’m not sure if they have enough to get past them. I think they get to the second round, and I think that’s where they cap off, and lose to one of the remaining teams with them.

76ers – the sixers have done well this season, relying heavily on their top line to carry them. They’ve made moves to have a more competitive second line but with no true PG, it’s going to be up to the first line, and their defence to get them far in the playoffs. Their top line has matched up well with other top lines, and a big part of that being due to the defence of SubxForce, Hotpants and Kat. So long as the 1st line wins in the playoffs, they can ride that for a couple of rounds, but it’ll be a big ask for that second line to win some games against other playoff teams. THRUSTTHEPROCESS!

GSW – the washed warriors? It doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. They have two solid PGs, and great supporting casts around them, which is shown in the second seed they currently hold. The only team to beat the twolves, you can’t count them out, and so long as they hold the 2 seed, they won’t be seeing the twolves until the finals, and if that’s the case, they could very well run off the momentum of winning the first two rounds, and knowing that they have beat the twolves this season and have a chance to upset them.

Twolves – not much to say here, they the MVP, the scariest defence in the league, a 2nd line that is better than a lot of 1st lines (so long as everyone shows up), and they just added Hoff to the roster. It really will take an upset for these guys to be bounced, as of right now it looks like the chip is theirs to lose. I see them getting swept in the first round.

meccboomin