Everyone READ This!!!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by DeNMaN, Nov 28, 2003.

1. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everyone READ This!!

There have been arguments going on for way to long now. Every game that will be used for the league here will have their problems with not being realistic why, because it is just a game and not every aspect of the human mind can be rapped up into the game. If what ever occours in the game was programmed into the game for example, the swoop in hockey, shoulder charge in football, the serves in top spin, ... The list will continue to go on as long as there are good games being made and people excel to being some of the best players in the world at them. The only time anything in a game will begin to be regulated is if it truly is a glitch, for example MotoGP: Online Demo of being able to crash into a wall and spawn on the other side to cut time your lap which is an obvious glitch that was not intended to be in the game.

No one has forced you to continue playing the game, if you are not having fun with the game then don't play it. It is a very simple concept so just stop all the complaining about how so and so just does this and that and I can't win. Suck it up and play the game or don't play at all.

No Streaming Account
  2. Master G 2003

Master G 2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was all pretty clean until the second tourney then the mayhem started. Lets keep this site a friendly fun environment, we are all going to play different ways & we just have to adapt to the player we are matched against. We can all make the same type of shots & its just your choice on how you want to win.

Good luck to all & lets have some good games. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  3. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes massa...

No Streaming Account
  4. jackBURTON

jackBURTON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice post Denman - now if I only had any type of coordination in my left hand I could do a drop shot to combat the drop shotters out there :)

No Streaming Account
  5. s o l i d N i c

s o l i d N i c Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope all the problems get fixed...otherwise, we just have to try and counter them....

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm just going to create a new character, now that we know what works and what doesn't, and what we need to defend some of the killer shots in this game.

No Streaming Account
  7. s o l i d N i c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very well said, DeNMaN...

As much as it is annoying that some shots doesn't seem realistic...in the end --- it is just a game.

I agree for the most part about what you said...as much as I hate playing people who will resort to drop shots, Zero power serves( to get to the net ),

This is a matter of choice... We have to figure out a way to defend it.

However, I think what people are complaining about is the fact that with these shots ...the defender has only 1 in 5 chances to win the point.
    You can counter with different strategies but the bottom line is that ...the reason WHY people use these type of shots is because --they know they have a higher chance of winning the point!

Of course we want to have the advantage...but to use something that will give your opponent an UNFAIR chance of winning the point then we're all in trouble...

Most of my more ENJOYABLE matches were against opponents who would rally with me and look for an opening to hit the winner...

It is much more fun when you hit shots and try to get your opponent out of balance...then finish a point...with a winner ...

Now I personally do not use the spoon serve and the "slow" serves at all...In my more than 300 matches, it is not something I feel very rewarding as far as winning the point... it is such an easy way to ensure a higher chance of winning a point...

somebody said to me that if I want to keep winning, I should also use the slow and spoon serves and the like...but I simply can't imagine playing a game of :

" when youre down--- then use a slow serve or spoon serve strategy"

I say this because I am in the Top 100 ... and I didnt need to use those things to get 80 % of my matches won....Ive lost to some and Ive won against some who uses "slow" things...

I accepted the fact that because it is in the game...people are bound to use it...wether we like it or not....

We can't police and monitor these things. However, the whole point of having this community of gaming is to AGREE on what and how we want to make it fair and fun for everyone....Losing is never fun! But if there are other things that affects the quality of the matches , then we should hear them out,,,and try to agree with a solution....

Anyways...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ill shut up now...LOL

much respect,

s o l i d N i c

No Streaming Account
  8. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here here! you should look into getting that published....cheers!

No Streaming Account
  9. s o l i d N i c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know...I was surprised myself when I saw how long it was...sheeessh
    LOL...

Anyways Hi there Ragin Wahoo...

No Streaming Account
  10. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree there too... some of you people can continue doin that kick serve if ya want, it just shows you need to win by all means. If it works go with it, I won't complain... it just shows me that you need it, and are weaker without it. Now if everyone in the damn league starts using this kick serve, that won't be too fun...

No Streaming Account
  11. arfster

arfster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if there were no flaws in the game, it would reduce the message board by half, i like the message board :eek:)

No Streaming Account
  12. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are ways to counter everything that is done. The weakest part of these peoples games is that they do the same type of shots in the same areas nearly every point. I find that the best players know how to use every shot and mix it up regularly.

No Streaming Account
  13. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just seems like with all the talk lately that this just needs bumped back up.

No Streaming Account