Future feature request: complaint history

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by DirtyJerrz, Apr 23, 2018.

?

Complaint history for players?

1. Good idea

89.5%
  2. Bad idea, stfu jerrz

10.5%
  1. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    I am sure I am not the first person to make a suggestion like this or something similar, but I think it would be really helpful to future owners and prospective managers to know the following...

I'd like to see a field appended to user profiles that shows "average complaints per season" or something along those lines. It could include a detailed history of complaints filed. I don't think the history needs to be seen by everyone- maybe owners only. But everyone should be able to see average complaints per season enrolled. This should be readily visible during bidding and drafting. We need a better way for owners and management to get a feel for what they're drafting or bidding on prior to issues with the team, availability, etc.

This could apply only to formal complaints that are approved by the BOGs as they are now, which alleviates any trolls and issues with people filing complaints just to complain about someone they dislike.

I think type of complaints would also be nice to know - for example if you are throwing games, not showing up frequently for games with no communication, only agreeing to play certain lines, etc etc... These could be categorized by type of offense as they are now prior to BOG action.

I don't understand why bans are the only means of preventing unacceptable actions.. people buy them out, and then cancer continues. We need a better way to "see" the issues with LG members. No one wants to manage a team full of no shows and scrub hunters, and I think it's one of the biggest reasons that ownership applications are so low. It's too much of a gamble. There's a lot of great personalities in the community, both good and bad, and it makes LG worth being a part of in my opinion. Even the trolls bring something to the table. But owners should know what they're really dealing with prior to signing someone or falling into a trade rape for someone known to no show for games.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated! As I said, I am sure I am not the first person to think of or request such an idea... And I think it deserves it's own discussion separate from the S30 suggestions.

Jerrz

• Like Like x 14
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  2. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    I personally like the idea, the only issue I could see is people using it to troll other people. New owners that may base some players off of it could get the wrong picture because of a few trolls. Other than that minor problem, I like the idea.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  3. DirtyJerrz

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    I think if we limit it to "confirmed" complaints, it would be okay. As in, proof needs to be provided, and submitted as a formal complaint to be reviewed by the BOGs. Only then would it be added to your profile.

Kind of like a "permanent record" if that makes sense. You only get written up as a kid if you really f up, and the teachers that have you as an incoming student know who the problem kids are and how to deal with them before they get assigned to their class. Think along those lines for LG for management.

At the very least, I think it's adding a feature that would maybe cut down on some of the general douchebaggery throughout LG if it leads to actual punishment other than "bans" that aren't actually bans.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  4. DirtyJerrz

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    Bump for the sake of ownership applications

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  5. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    I’m sorry but that is about the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while... and @gunass0910 is on my LG team

Sounds like something LG China would do though

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. gunass0910

gunass0910 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gunass0910#8542
    Ratings:
    +113 / 14 / -12
    You love me, slut.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account