General Singles - Season 1 Info

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Tris10, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    General Singles - Se

This thread is to give everyone a brief idea of what we have planned for season 1 on Singles-Top spin.

This league has been in the planned every since May of this year, we basically based the entire site round this and our hockey league. Although we had to change major parts due to features not being in the game (eg doubles online play), we were still able to fully iron out details weeks before the games launch.

Currently we have thrown our focus and resources behind creating the Singles league. The scoreboard is 80% complete and we are just doing the final touchs before we launch.

The singles league will be based on a series of tournaments per season.
    For example there could be 15 Tournaments in a season, all stats are carried over and total points earned in each tournament result in player rankings. After the 15 tournaments are finished, we crown a champion for that season, and then start a brand new season.

Official rules are being ironed out, but we are attempting to make a sim-type of league.

The structure for signing up for a tournament is so:
    -A couple days before a tournament, we announce the dates (sign up date, each round start and end dates). All users who wish and are able to play in this tournament must goto the signup page and sign up (automatic script). A day before the tournament we close the sign-up's then create the matches in the database. It is up to the user to play in those tournaments they wish. Clearly if they wish to be competitive, it's in there best interest to play in as many as possible. Another bonus for this type of style, is new users can jump right in a play in a season.

Reportings scores:
    As those who are familiar with those PRT days with an automated scoreboard or in any other of the LG-leagues, there will be a page to input match scores. This script has already been completed and I can happily say this is by far the most simple league to input scores in by far. There are only 7 numbers per player (plus set points) to remember, and inputting the score takes all of about 20 seconds.

In the next couple of days we will be announcing finalize season 1 details, so stay tuned until then.

I wish everyone best of luck and I'll see you on the count

-Tris10

2. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    great job, Tris!

this sounds great.

too bad i suck at the game, but i guess someone has to come in last!

No Streaming Account
  3. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a question/suggestion...

if a player is unskilled, and we always seed in tournaments, then i (considering myself mr. lowest seed) will always have to play the top (or 1 of the top 4) seeds...

so here is my suggestion:

like in most REAL tournaments, only 20-25% (approx.) of the field is seeded - the rest is "drawn"

this way, a weaker player COULD draw another weaker player in the first round (or even the 2nd) -

this seems more encouraging then a system which ranks EVERY player in the tournament, and then matches 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, 3 vs 30...

in that world, it would be very difficult for mr. 24-32 to EVER win match!

(this may be already incorported, i just remember reading in another thread that EVERYONE would be seeded based on their exhibition record, or something like that!)

No Streaming Account