Giambi admits to steroid use

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by XBoxJon, Dec 2, 2004.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Giambi admits to ste

I'm sure you've already read it by now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1936592

However, most people don't care about him. Sure, he had a MVP season on the juice, but he's not breaking historical records.

The one everyone still questions is Bonds. The guy's forehead has tripled in size over the past decade, all signs point to him being a user, yet he still denies it. I have always assumed Barry was on the juice. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire... but Giambi's testimony pretty much seals the deal for me:

So, in our LG Court of Public Opinion, based on the testimony of the Giambi brothers, Sheffield, Marion Jones, and others that have all confirmed that they received steroids from Bond's personal trainer.... has Barry Bonds taken illegal performance enhancing drugs? We'll likely never get the real answer (I'm assuming Bonds hasn't used them recently after this all started and they have likely cleared his system now), so it's up to you, the jury, to decide yes or no based on 3rd party testimony and subjective data (ie. his recent melon head helmet size). :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  2. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive seen patients (cystic fibrosis) who are taking a lot of prednisone or methlypredisolone and the common side effects is "moon face". very circular face, imagine a face having like bloated cheeks. look the face of bonds, giambi, maybe they're just big built i dunno :laugh: . maybe there's a big possibility that they are taking hormones.

tsk tsk tsk hard to know. i guess to some degree people will do everything to be ahead of their competition. thats why i still admire the "old guys" of baseball, like Babe, raw talent :wink:

No Streaming Account
  3. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Juicer!!! His head is as big as a beachball and his balls as big as peas. :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  4. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how do you its the size of the peas :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  5. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm making a guess based on what I know about steroid abuse from reading about it. I'm guessing that's what you're getting at. Check out the 8th bullet. 8) :wink:

http://www.hormone.org/learn/abuse_3.html

In case you have problems clicking on the link here it is:

In males: Shrunken testicles and temporary inability to father a child, breast formation, and baldness

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think he has definetly taken them before, I also think Sheffield has.

No Streaming Account
  7. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Juicer, he use to be so skinny and in the last 5 years hes gained like 50 pounds of muscle.

No Streaming Account
  8. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't say muscle, guy is a little bit too overweight. Happens with aging ;)

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    He is definatly a juicer. He used to be soo tiny, now he looks like Arnold. I wonder if he will ever admit to it.

Gajeske85
  10. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And I'm a jet pilot.

Yeah, sure Barry... you're a highly paid athlete worth hundreds of millions, not to mention all of your endorsements, etc etc... yet you're going to take something a trainer gives you without investigating it first? Uh huh, sure. Does he think we're 8yr old kids and that gullable? Did he think that "joint cream" he was rubbing on him had nothing to do with the fact that his muscle mass started increasing dramatically and that his helmet size went up a few sizes and his balls shrunk like raisens? He takes us for fools and is a liar, plain and simple. He's only admitting to it now that the heat is coming directly on him. If it was no big deal Barry, why not come forward with this info back when Sheffield admitted to it, or when this whole investgation started? Why wait until the spotlight is shining even brighter on you and it's obvious to everyone else that you're guilty.

I've hated this guy his whole career, even back in his Pittsburgh days. I hope the HOF voters boycott him and he never makes it in.

No Streaming Account
  12. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    From all of the HOF voters they've talked to on sportscenter so far they all said even with what they've just found out they'll still vote him in on the first ballot

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm hearing the same, and it's disappointing. Sure, steroids don't give you better hand-eye coordination or anything, you still have to be able to hit the ball. But long fly balls turn into bloop home runs, and fast balls on your wrists that normally may have popped up to an infielder now turn into bloop singles or doubles down the line. Not to mention that because you're getting all of those extra HR's and hits that would normally have been outs w/o the added artificial strength, the pitchers work you differently now and you get more walks and you get inside their head.

Bottom line, he cheated, and knew he was cheating. It doesn't matter if MLB wasn't specifically screening for that drug at the time. It was still an illegal substance. They don't specifically ban murder either, but I bet if you get caught for murder, you might not be in MLB too long. Also, who's to say that he wasn't injecting the juice 5-6 yrs ago too and all of that is long gone from his system and he can't be tested for it, but the bulk remains (when he replaced it with an undetectable type of enhancer).

This is where most of the Andro guys are different. Everyone compares it to Big Mac, but he didn't hide or cover it up. He kept his bottle of Andro in his locker, that he bought from a vitamin store, clearly displayed to everyone... when MLB decided to make that illegal for it's players (still fine to take it otherwise, it's not illegal like roids are), then he stopped using it right away.

Barry on the other hand, did things behind closed doors, took things that weren't over the counter and available at your shopping mall GNC store, and then tried to cover it up, only to "confess" when they pretty much had a mountain high stack of circumstancial evidence that he did in fact do the same steroid use the rest of these guys have already admitted to.

No Streaming Account
  14. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  15. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I bet people who thought bonds wasn't juicing also believes Britney Spears breasts are real

16. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :roll: :shock: What Britney's breast aren't real, they sure feel awfully real to me :cry: :wink: :twisted: =P~

No Streaming Account
  17. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Windless, those are water balloons that you attached to a poster ;) :p

No Streaming Account
  18. Darthor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand why people care if they're real or not on ANY woman. If a woman wants to get that done more power to them. Self-improvement should be admired. I will love 'em all. =P~ :laugh:

No Streaming Account