Gta 4

Discussion in 'Xbox / Xbox 360 Lounge' started by Xeno72, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, who's getting this for sure on release date or within a few days of release? Who wants to test out this multiplayer with me? I hear you can do missions in multiplayer? I am more excited about this game than I have been for any game in a long time!

No Streaming Account
  2. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it preordered on a website, a long time ago this site www.liongames.com had it for (i think) 42.99, so I probably won't get it until a few days after release.

No Streaming Account
  3. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am getting it day 1 for PS3. I asked for the day of and after off from work. Mostly because I dont want to deal with idiot parents who buy the game for their 5-6 year old kids.

I had it preordered as well from liongames, but I didnt want the 360 version and have heard poor things about the shipping times from the site.

No Streaming Account
  4. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm thinking about taking release day off as well, maybe being one of the nerds out for a midnight launch. I'm preordering it from Best Buy (at the store, not online) sometime in the next day or two.

Edit: Xeno, IGN has played some of the multiplayer modes. I think the co-op mission you are talking about it Hangman's Noose, which looks cool.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865088p1.html

No Streaming Account
  5. bones56

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

wow, please do explain!! I have ordered numerous games from them and they have been very timely with delivery. They are located in connecticut so that may have something to do with it.. (but gernerally on most titles I would have it a few days after release). If a game comes out tuesday then by friday (at the latest) I would recieve it. Anyway I am not in a rush and couldn't resist the price so when it gets here, no biggie!! I have so many games to play now ( I am so behind) I just picked up Jumper for 29.99 (last weeked, still unopened).

Anyway to answer your question I would certainly be down for some multiplayer.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  6. BLaz

BLaz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've only read about their shipping times. I did buy Mass Effect (bought for $40, resold for $58), and it came in about 4-5 days. The one thing that turns me off from LionGames is shipping. $5 is a fixed shipping fee. While its reasonable for some, $5 should give me 2-3 day delivery. When compared to Amazon, I pay $3-4 shipping from Amazon LLC and get it within 1-2 days (though its a 7 day shipping window).

I remember LionGames was the talk of the cheap ass community for months there when they had some nice deals, especially with GTA IV, Mass Effect, and BioShock. But they havent done much since the summer. Heck I use to visit their site daily to see new deals, now its maybe once a month. They have decent used deals, but I am wanting to see the $20 discount off new releases again like we have with GTA IV coming up.

No Streaming Account
  7. shockazulu

shockazulu Jarkko Ruutu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's quite simple,

this will be the greatest game ever!

Taking off of work to get it.

No Streaming Account
  8. bones56

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i agree, for me that is a turn off as well. I think 5 bucks is a little steep as a fixed shipping rate. I will only shop there for a highly discounted game.

No Streaming Account
  9. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's hope it gets released that day. Some analyst has predicted that if EA takes over TakeTwo, they will purposely delay it until the holiday season to make more money. They will probably come out with a statement that is something like "We had to delay this game in order to give gamers the best experience. TakeTwo was pushing this game out before it was finished in order to meet their bottom line and post profits to show shareholders that they are worth more than they are. EA has decided to hold off until it is done, we expect it to be done in November or December. Annual releases will be forthcoming"

The game will then go from 40+ hours to 5. Cars will have to be purchased as well as any other thing they can think of selling that is already in the game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/06/pachter-ea-could-delay-gta-ivs-april-29-release/

No Streaming Account
  10. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am going to get it.. but havnt decided if i am going to get it for 360 or ps3

No Streaming Account
  11. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I think I've whipped Pixelslash into a frenzy about it as well.

It's an easy decision for me. Any game that is multi-platform goes to the 360. Achievements are a bonus, but I can't stress it enough how much I HATE the PS3 controller. I do want to get a Dual Shock 3 since they're heavier. That might help a little, but my hands will probably still go numb with it. I haven't played a racing game on it yet but can't imagine the triggers feeling as good as on the 360. I hate the controller so much :laugh:

Anyway, back on topic. I plan on having it day one as well and am excited about the multiplayer stuff. But I might roam the city for a while first since that is what I truly enjoy about these games. I love sandboxes :cool:

No Streaming Account
  12. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind the extra content (I'm not sure if its single, multiplayer or both) is exclusive for the 360 for a long while. M$ paid 50 million to have it exclusively on XBL.

No Streaming Account
  13. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the thing is that the ps3 version has co op and i dont think 360 does

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen any difference between MP between consoles. Matter of fact, my first read about Multi-player/co-op was in the Official Xbox Magazine :cool:

No Streaming Account
  15. murdersuspect21

murdersuspect21 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i preordered it back in june of 07 lol but yes its gonna be a great game!

No Streaming Account
  16. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The 360 and the PS3 versions are identical save for a couple minor graphical differences that IGN pointed out and the aforementioned DLC to come. There is co-op, in fact they previewed one of the modes that can be for up to four guys, Hangman's Noose.

No Streaming Account
  17. TADMG

TADMG S7 San Jose Sharks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am definately getting it.. I have looked up some of the videos for it already, its looks amazing. As much as I would love to see another city, I can deal with Liberty again. I loved San Andreas, and each of the other GTA's, so I can only assume this will be much better then GTA:SA.

No Streaming Account
  18. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  19. bones56

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I did think about it but I decided against it!!

No Streaming Account
  20. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a coupon and my free gift card from the HD-DVD thing from BB, so I might have to see about getting the collectors edition. I think it would add to the eventual resale (many many months down the line at least).

No Streaming Account