How about that Indiana/Detroit Brawl?

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by EQUIFAX, Nov 20, 2004.

1. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How about that India

I already had some disdain for the NBA after the Olympics. During the Olympics the way that we play American Basketball was exposed and showed that our product is not the greatest in the world.

Then...Last night was extremely riduclous! I can see everybody's viewpoint about this incident but there is a certain level of professionalism that has to be maintained in situations like that. From the players to fans there has to be some restraint. As adults we should know the difference between right and wrong but how do you explain what happened to the children who look at these athletes as role models.

Before you say that athletes should not be looked at as role models...Let's clarify and understand how many minds work. If it is constantly marketed, which the NBA lifestyle is most certainly is, children and young adults are looking for something they can emulate and identify with. Yes, parents should take the lead but it would be untruthful to say that these athletes are not looked at as role models whether they want the responsibilty or not.

This just leads to bigger problems and the monsters that these leagues have created in some professional levels and it saddens me to say that this behavior trickles down to every level of the sport from the pee wee leagues on up.

There will be heavy fines and lawsuits resulting from this thugish(athletes and fans) behavior that resulted in these people taking matters into their own hands.

Would I stand up for a teammate? Yes I would and I have on many occasions but when things escalate to this level it does absolutely no good.

Coaches and GMs have no control over these situation and view it as there is nothing they can do. Well you know what....Learn to make a decision even if it is an unpopular one to maintain the integrity and harmony on your team.

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Gajeske85
  3. Darthor

Darthor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This thread was posted 6 minutes after Drake's. I'm sure he was writing it when Drake posted his. Tale it easy thread police. :wink:

No Streaming Account