How good is this game?

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Babolat, Jun 8, 2003.

1. tristenlog

tristenlog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lets wait for next year baseball it might be better and maybe other online baseball games will come to market

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats wasnt my point...what i was trying to get out of you was...why do YOU think it is arcadey

No Streaming Account
  3. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Play High Heat baseball, or WSB 2k3, or even MVP baseball and you'll see why.

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    umm why cant u guys just tell me...like i said...i play baseball..this game isnt all that arcadey except for the dive feature....

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1) Pitching is too much accurate. I pitched a complete game with Matt Morris and he never missed his spot. Real baseball is trying to paint the corner and you don't hit it all the time...or maybe you miss on the plate and the hitter hammers it. High Heat and MVP do this wonderfully.

2) Baserunning AI is horrible. Runners getting forced out at 2B by the RF. The runner on first never breaks on a hit to the right side, no matter if it's a grounder or line drive.

3) Too many hits/runs. Ace pitchers will give you a challenge, but the majority of SP are way too hittable.

4) Animations are dreadful. Some of them look like vintage Sega Genesis baseball games.

The only good things about it are:

-online play
    -play by play (Buck is best in the biz)
    -stadium graphics are top notch

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i guess u havent played this game enough...pitching is accurate for the first 5 or 6 innings but then you can pitch a strike and it is a ball or vice versa....maybe that game u threw with morris was just a really good game...he is a VERY good pitch btw...you can make the runner break by tapping the L trigger....against people that have some skill i normally dont score over 6-8 runs...when its someone really good the game i like 3-2 or so.....animations do suck but hey its online sooo i dont care

No Streaming Account