Introducing The AHL League

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Introducing Leaguegaming's AHL Team League
    We are proud to announce full leaguegaming support for an AHL Team League, using all our tools and resources that have made our NHL Team league popular. Tris10 will act as AHL Commissioner to oversea the leagues growth and success.

Here is some quick facts about the AHL League (covered in detail below)
    • AHL is a non-set schedule, Teams can create as many or as little games as they like
    • NHL players can play in AHL games
    • New members who signup to the league, will automatically be put on an AHL team
    • AHL will have full stat, forums and mobile app support.

Watch this demo to quickly learn about the Leaguegaming tools & setup. ***Important. Watch the whole video as it will answer more of your questions. To view in full HD, click on the video to goto youtube***
    [video=youtube;_uREcWH5yrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uREcWH5yrk[/video]

Watch This demo to learn how to use the Leaguegaming mobile app
    [video=youtube;y10twTzM1AM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y10twTzM1AM[/video]

What is the AHL Team League
    The AHL Team league's main purpose is to aid and grow the NHL Team league, find & train new members and future mature leaders for leadership positions in upcoming seasons. The current problem we face is new members come to the site, sign up, and then told to come back in a couple months for 'next season'. The AHL will be league in which new members to play meaningful and fun games at leaguegaming, all while learning how to use our tools and apps, and be ready to jump into the NHL during the next expansion or draft.

AHL Sign Ups
    When a user signs up to the league, they will automatically be placed on an AHL Team (to be determined by the team with the lowest about of players, then by draft position). This will give them access to their NHL Teams forum & their AHL team forum where they can bond & interact their NHL counterparts, as well as schedule and chat with their fellow AHL teammates.

How does the AHL Season/Schedule Work
    The AHL League is a semi-competitive league, that doesn't have a set schedule. Instead, AHL players as well as their NHL affiliate, are encouraged to create games against other AHL teams, and play in fun yet important games. AHL teams can play as many or in as little games as they see fit, or as they grow. NHL players are encouraged to play in AHL games along side their AHL teammates. So far we do not have plans for an AHL playoff system, however if we did run a playoff system for the AHL, the regular season games would be used just to determine draft over (so it would be in the teams best interest to play as many games as possible), then the roster would be locked for a regular playoff format.

How does the AHL relate to the NHL League
    The AHL is considered it's own separate league with its own stats, standings, leader boards & team chat, However there is a connection between an AHL team and a NHL team. They will share the same team forums, as this is important for the AHL members to gain experience and help from their NHL counterparts, as well as for the AHL members to learn what it would be like in the NHL team. NHL players are encouraged to play in AHL games along side their AHL teammates, to show them the ropes, stat input and Leaguegaming gentlemanly style of community.

Going from the AHL to the NHL
    Here are the current scenarios where an AHL player will get called up to the NHL
    • Replacement
      • If a team can not field a full lineup for a NHL game, they can use an emergency player from their AHL roster. Players can only be used once per week.
      • If a team loses a player due to season suspension, quitting or inactive player being released. They may call up a replacement player. This player is a permanent replacement and may not be changed or switched.
      • If a player goes on IR (vacation, RROD, or temp. leave of absence) a team may call a player up for the week. If the "IR" last a second week the team may choose to send down the first call up and use another player for the 2nd week. Call ups for this must be in weekly intervals. (max 2 weeks)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    ~~~~Announcing the AHL League guys, please everyone give this a read over~~~~

3. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Great work Tris, a league I am finally suited to play in :).

No Streaming Account
  4. PeeblyOtter

PeeblyOtter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Clarke, I can't take it anymore....where is your avatar pic from? hahaha. I like the rules of this league too, NHL can play as well. My only concern is how many games will get played in the AHL. Hopefully a few. Would be a great way to scout talent as well

No Streaming Account
  5. M A lL K I lN

M A lL K I lN F'n Love Hockey!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1! Ratttttlllleeedddddd!!!!

No Streaming Account
  6. x b l a i s x

x b l a i s x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After I have registered, its says I'm a asigner calgary?

No Streaming Account
  7. sauce47

sauce47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 57 / -92
    this site is awesome

No Streaming Account
  8. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Announcement to ALL AHL players!

I just want to inform all the new comers (late sign ups) being assigned to the AHL teams that it IS important that you stay active and participate in AHL games. We know that some players have attempted to get games going and some just choose to sit around and wait to be called up.

I will explain now that the way the future structure is being formed that it may be required that you have games played here @ LG in Season 14 to be eligible to play in the NHL here next season.

A rough general draft/copy of what is forming (this might not be the final format but an idea of where we are heading)
    - AHL players will be required to have a minimum of 12 games played in the AHL to be used in the NHL next season.
    - AHL players without the required games will have to participate in scouting games, with a strict require amount of games (all or half the teams)
    - Players who go undrafted and did not play the minimum games required (NHL min/ or AHL min) will have to play a full season in the AHL before being able to play or be called up in the NHL
    - Only players who are undrafted and meet the minimum required games will be able to be called up/sent down for use in the NHL
    - Returning players, whether NHL or AHL with the required minimum games will not have to be scouted
    - Late sign ups, if a player from season 14 and has met the minimum required games will be allowed to be called up and used in the NHL

Basically just a few bullets so players can see the importance of being and staying active this season.

9. worm42x10

worm42x10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the only problem i see with that is what if someone is trying to play AHL games and can't get any because of teammates not showing up, or other teams not having enough players. i don't think they should be punished if they are actively trying to take part in games and just can't get in any

No Streaming Account
  10. DIEMENTOR

DIEMENTOR Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .diementor#0
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    edit

i could potentially play 8 games a week im usually on around 8 every nite but im in the ahl and not enough guys to play poison has gotten me into 1 nhl game(thank you good sir) ive been signed up for about 3 weeks i wanna say and ive had 1 ahl game that other team didnt show and 1 nhl game just giving my situation so YOU know what kind of position ahl guys are in ive given my avail times to my owners and there have been ahl games listed just no one shows

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  11. StagGhost

StagGhost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    LA Kings organization is always open to AHL games... we almost always have a half filled roster and lots of our nhl guys are willing to play so if you think your team is interested in an AHL game and can form a full line then message me and we can work out a gametime.

No Streaming Account
  12. Claude Giroux

Claude Giroux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the AHL leagues will become popular. I'm with the Flames affiliate (Abbotsford), looking to play my first game!

No Streaming Account
  13. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Holy shit this is amazing. Another reason why you are a cut above. Too bad you are from Meadowvale.

No Streaming Account
  14. Melissa Farted

Melissa Farted IM A GOD

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -1
    sick site

No Streaming Account
  15. fluxay

fluxay brewmaster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if your AHL team isn't filling up roster spots/not playing games, are you basically just SOL?

No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Teams are filling up, And we just created AHL GM's to help better run the AHL teams, Your AHL GM was just named today. I'd suggest sending him a quick msg/post in the ahl forum. There is now a set AHL schedule

17. fluxay

fluxay brewmaster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Tris, I was fairly sure that it was newly implemented. My fault anyway for waiting until past mid-season before signing up.

No Streaming Account