Invites for Season 1 (Singles), Tourney #4 are out

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by XBoxJon, Feb 26, 2004.

1. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will agree that the windy conditions are frustrating and too much of it will be overkill. I shot a mediocre round -1 in the 2nd round but came back with probably the best round I ever shot with a -13 round 3. It just seems to rely too much on luck getting in the perfect places on the fairway so that you have a somewhat decent chance to get a good approach shot.

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We've had 2 days windy, 2 days breezy for weeks 2/3/4, so nothing has changed much.

I shot bad in the wind this week, -2 and even. That wind probably cost me 30 strokes this week, but personally I find it much more challenging.

Maybe if enough people complain, we can get Destroyer to reduce it to only 1 windy day per tournament, rather than the 2 that we've been doing.

No Streaming Account
  3. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually hate the wind myself, BUT that is because I'm not the best at reading it yet. However, I see the need and reasoning of having at least two days windy. I'm for keeping the two windy days.

The more windy I play, the better I'll get. Without windy the top guys would be posting -75 or more is my guess.

Again, I hate it because I suck at it. But I'm for keeping it the way it is.

No Streaming Account
  4. GolfController

GolfController Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm for wind also...even though I suck at it. The harder the conditions, the more the best players will be at the top. If we wanted it to be easy, we'd have stayed at beginner or intermediate levels.

No Streaming Account
  5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We haven't even done week 4 yet, so you can't count that as nothing has changed much. We have done 3 weeks and the last two had two days windy. I just thought I would say something now before we get 3 days of windy, because for me that may just be too much for me as I don't find it challenging, I find it frustrating.

6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But the conditions for week 4 have been set already. Two days of windy.

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, we'll never have 3 days of windy.

But it will always be at least 1, and at most 2.

Same with difficult pins probably. At least 2, sometimes 3.

Calm and easy are just too easy, noone wants to see -20 type scores.

No Streaming Account
  8. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont mind seein them if it is to the right of my name :D

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well -20 for you guys, but I wouldn't mind getting possibly a -1 for once on the Calm and Easy. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  10. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's cool with me.

Oh.. I never said I wanted Calm and easy.:shock: If that was the impression, I'll clear that up now. I wouldn't mind seeing a calm day every now and then, even if it is in the rain or something, but easy pins are out of the question.

Which reminds me and this really isn't the place for this, but since it is on my mind right now. Has there been any thought for the team match play going with Difficult pins every week and then let one team pick weather and the other the wind?

11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, but that's a very good idea.

It seems that most teams are picking difficult pins all of the time anyway, so picking wind and weather might make more sense... maybe we can change that up for season 2?

No Streaming Account
  12. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great idea Marauders. I have seen very few games that have medium or easy pins. Maybe we will see a little more variety if teams pick weather.

No Streaming Account
  13. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Well it looks like this took the long road but finally came to at least what I was hoping for. No more than 2 windy condition rounds. If there was 1 calm & difficult pin rounds that would be ok too but not necessary.

My only concern was for those who may get frustrated by the windy conditions, not find it FUN and just stop playing without ever saying anything.

I just want to make sure that this game & league continues to support a portion of FUN for everyone. I think this game has a very long running potential. Lets make sure we acknowledge everybodys potential & interest level for this game.

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, more than 2 rounds in the wind isn't fun for anyone, even the top guys.

Calm/Difficult might be a good mix to throw in there every once in while, maybe use that for the rain round or something.

No Streaming Account