Issue No. 4 — LGWC Extra Time: 'Weeeee Are The Champions, My Friends'

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Aug 3, 2016.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 1
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Champions: LGWC Germany
    A look back at the team that was — Die Mannschaft

By @nubsy004
    LGWC Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

Wow, where do I even begin.
    First off, I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who participated in the World Cup. From start to finish, minus a few teams who forfeited games, the tournament was a big success. Kudos to the owners, management and players for making it a tournament to remember.
    Now, with pleasantries out of the way, the biggest congrats goes to my management and teammates at Germany. If we were comparing this tournament to real life, we managed to give Germany a repeat title, and game this guy named Leo Messi his first finals win. How we did that in one game i'm still unsure, but I have no complaints.
    The championship game against Ivory Coast was the best game of the tournament. From the goals scored to the saves made to not being able to hear a word of what Brisan66 was saying on the commentary, it was a game for the ages. Congratulations to Ivory Coast. I honestly wasn't sure we'd be able to beat you after we lost 3-1 in the friendly on Monday night. Good thing we got that "L" out of the way the night before.
    Germany's road to World Cup glory was paved with a lot of planning, mostly centered on letting @Bitetto02 and @oO Leo Messi Oo work of one another to build the offense. These two may have had the best chemistry of any forwards I have ever played with, and that was with Messi playing RAM in a 4-2-3-1.
    On occasion, ole @KnucklesWhite would sneak into the back post to pick up the garbage, or be right in the middle for Messi to find him, allowing for the ever-elusive rabona goal. Yes, that really did happen.
    In the DM slots, the exceptional management duo of @CreepyKlepto and @PsychSmokeBBQ held down the midfield. These guys played absolutely true to their positions, and are top-flight managers. BBQ, couldn't be happier for you winning the cup with Germany. Creepy, you basically ran the draft. Hell of a squad you put together.
    On defense, Die Mannschaft was led by @xDrizzzyy at RCB, a man who made every game, and scared the daylights out of any forwards with his giant blue fro. Drizzy also played as our any, many times taking on multiple defensive positions and holding them together beautifully.
    @ThugCTC was one of the most reliable people I knew before the World Cup, and the tournament sure didn't change that. He's always where he needs to be.
    A surprise for Germany cam in the form of @inGODweTRUST716, a TC player who played a ton of LB and was just as dependable as any LB that was drafted. This guy deserves a bid in season 7.
    @SaltyBabyMakerX and @Stop Noto — get carried! No but seriously, glad you guys made the games you did, and wish it could have been more. Either way, enjoy the hardware.
    Last but not least, @Natural Michu held down the net for us with exceptional quality. Even if we got a little tired of hearing, "Put it on the goalkeeper," when we got free kicks, we never tired of watching the big saves, especially against Mexico in the quarters and Ivory Coast in the finals. Well done, mate.
    Truth be told, I wish I could keep this team for Season 7, but seeing as how that's impossible, I'll have to move on. This team could stack up to any other I've seen in LGFA, and I'm damn proud to have been a part of it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004